I cracked the screen on my curve so I officially have a crackberry. If I use my insurance I have a 50$ deductable. But I can buy a replacement screen online for 30$ Is it worth fixing my self and maybe breaking something else or should I pay the extra 20$ for piece of mind? How complicated is the repair and what are the risks? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 08:13 PM
    Get it professionally fixed, it's not worth $20...that's nothing when it comes down to getting your BB fixed right.
    08-30-09 08:18 PM
    Thanks. The only thing I'm worried about is that verizon only offers 3 replacements a year insurance or not then u pay the full price and I've already replaced one phone this year. So this will make number 2. I might want to save the insurance for something I can't fix myself, or just deal w the crack.

08-30-09 08:24 PM
    Well I would use insurance one more time, and TAKE REALLY GOOD NOTICE in my phone so nothing happens again, if it does happen again then consider the other way of fixing stuff. You can also sell it to a drunk on the street for 50 bucks and explain its just a small crack... hehehe sometimes they buy them here
    08-30-09 08:27 PM
    Lol. Funny post. Next time my 12 year old wants to sword fight w a mop handle u bet ur *** my berrys going on the counter first! But if not maybe I can sell it to a drunk on CB. Lol.

08-30-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD