View Poll Results: Is the RIM bashing too much?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the haters are taking away from the enjoyment of reading Crackberry

32 66.67%
  • No, bash away!

16 33.33%
    Remember when you would get in trouble as a kid and your parents would tell you sometime along the lines like "If we didn't love you we wouldn't care what you do" That how I feel about Blackberry right now, I'm critical because I care and want them to produce a great phone with up-to-date hardware.
    Thank you!
    08-22-10 06:16 PM
    Like they would actually leave....
    Some will, others will simply visit less or spend a lot less time on here when they do visit.
    08-22-10 06:18 PM
    Some will, others will simply visit less or spend a lot less time on here when they do visit.
    This............
    This may be telling though - Just pulled it off the main forum site:
    Currently Active Users: 10145 (989 members and 9156 guests)
    Doesn't look to me like CB's going anywhere.
    08-22-10 06:22 PM
    I think it's a byproduct of the sections you're reading. There hasn't been much good news for RIM all year -- of course the BlackBerry News and Rumors section is going to be all gloom and doom. Likewise, the Torch is receiving a lukewarm reception at best so it's natural that the 9800 section is going to be pretty bleak to read.
    08-22-10 06:23 PM
    I am going to make two points here:

1) Even more annoying than the "trolls" and their threads are threads like this
    complaining about it.

2) Every thread like this presents the "trolls" proof that their efforts at getting under
    peoples skin is working. In short, this thread and EVERY ONE LIKE IT validates
    these morons.

Ignore these people, report the threads, whatever but for the love of all that is
    holy, STOP giving them a "win." Simple really.
    08-22-10 06:25 PM
    um, just don't open the anti-RIM threads...
    08-22-10 06:25 PM

complaining about it.

2) Every thread like this presents the "trolls" proof that their efforts at getting under
    these morons.

Ignore these people, report the threads, whatever but for the love of all that is
    This.

10 char
    08-22-10 06:32 PM

complaining about it.

these morons.

Sooo,
    1) The mods admit there are trolls here
    2) The mods refuse to do anything about it
    3) They don't want us to complain about it
    08-22-10 06:37 PM
    This is the way all the fanboys act when you even start talking about how RIM is lacking in numerous areas.

What these new BB goons dont realize is the HARSH DIRECT criticism has made RIM act, even if it hasnt been up to standards many have been hoping for. Most of the "complaining" has resulted in RIM actually making an attempt to fix (even if it is mostly half-assed).

Horrid Browser? **** OS on the 9530 lacking OpenGL/Inertia scrolling amongst others? Laughably bad App support and development? Atrocious media playback? It was only over a year ago people were bitchin about this and guess what? They got the hint and have acted.

The same harsh criticism has come back due to RIM recycling the same old hardware, back when we old BlackBerry owners were ******** about the awful OS. The 9800 stands next to the iPhone 4s and Galaxy S and just gets its *** handed to it on nearly every front.

Now that the smartphone game is fiercer than ever, its about giving consumers what they want. Google knows this (theres a reason why they are running on such an accelerated development speed), Apple knew it (Multi-tasking? Copy&Paste? Powerful hardware on par with Android?) and they've acted.

Also, last time i checked you cant have a troll thread without replying to. If these threads bother you THAT DAMN MUCH DONT RESPOND TO THEM.
    08-22-10 06:40 PM
    Sooo,
    1) The mods admit there are trolls here
    2) The mods refuse to do anything about it
    3) They don't want us to complain about it
    .:sigh:. I hate people who take perfectly good words and twist them to
    their own ends........

1) Of course I (note I am speaking for myself, as I did earlier) know there are
    trolls here. I'd be a blind moron not to admit that. Guess what, we are not the
    only site with them.

2) Huge assumption, but if it helps you sleep at night, cool. What I will say is
    there is so much that happens behind public view that you have no idea
    about so your point is, well, laughable.

3) Never said do not complain. Just pointing out that when you do all you
    are doing is giving these attention starved mental midgets the attention
    they want. Stop responding, report the thread if it really bothers you and
    let it be.
    08-22-10 06:44 PM
    If the trolls bother you that much, why not put them on ignore? This is what I do on numerous forums I am a member of and it helps alot.*

Also, in my opinion, alot of members here get bent out of shape when someone simply mentions how they think Rim is screwing up or lagging behind, etc... Seems like alot of people here only want to see threads that are positive towards Rim and anything that mentions how the Apps are weak or how the phones need to be uograded, for example, is attacked with the old, go buy a iToy or a Android.*

Yes, I understand that everyone is tired of hearing about Rim's share prices or how they only sold 150k torches, but a legitimate thread where someone asks why us Rim still using 2 year old tech doesn't need the iPhone and Android brought up every time. A simple discussion, outside of "we don't need a HD screen or a duel-core processor, or, it would kill the battery, would be appreciated.*
    08-22-10 07:42 PM
    On the contrary (see Jumpshot as an example) there are many who have only joined in the last month or two, post only on the BB forum, and profess their love for Android/iphone.
    What's up with that?
    On the contrary again, I profess love to no device. See therein lies the difference between you and me. I carry an Android device because that is what I like right now. My next phone may be different. I would never do something as stupid as creating a user name and naming myself after a device (Jake storm), especially not a failed device!
    08-22-10 07:55 PM
    On the contrary again, I profess love to no device. See therein lies the difference between you and me. I carry an Android device because that is what I like right now. My next phone may be different. I would never do something as stupid as creating a user name and naming myself after a device (Jake storm), especially not a failed device!
    Being rude does not make your case any more or less valid.
    08-22-10 08:01 PM
    Rim, it's researched in motionless lol :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 09:01 PM
    My theory is if it's factually accurate information then its valid to discuss, but also doesnt need 10 threads on, ie. "antennagate" or silly name calling ie. iToy.

Its not only other platform users who troll by any means on this site. Go into the Apple or Android forums and you'll see device bashing by BB users daily. What's good for the goose is good for the gander right?

Some people act like you raped their sister, its a damn hunk of circuits in the end and stupid to get so emotional about. If you have a difference of opinion state it like an adult, not a schoolgirl
    Last edited by stuaw11; 08-22-10 at 09:44 PM.
    08-22-10 09:41 PM
    Forums will shift and change in 'mood' as the population absorbs and processes incoming information, and I think it's normal for a forum to become a little less happy for a while. Hopefully it'll pick up again afterwards...

But I do agree with Jake Storm. Too much negativity spread about on here lately from people who seem to want only to make themselves feel better by making someone else look stupid. It does seem that too many of the people that are being made to feel stupid are on here for the innocent reason of having an interest a product they bought.

It's becoming less of a happy experience on here.

Amazingly Graceless, I've seen more than a few times you complaining about the people that complain about these threads, which makes you no better - worse still, you have the power to do something about the situation but we don't see the results from that. You more than the other mods seem to hold this stance - the other mods seem to have a bit more loyalty to the intended purpose of the site.

As a mod, people pay attention to your posts, I certainly do, and I'm not searching out all your posts but I don't remember seeing anything positive from you since I joined. I'm not saying you haven't helped out a lot of people before I started reading your post, but from what I've seen - not so much.

People are here to discuss BlackBerrys, and ask for help, and to spread a little joy; it's an enthusiasts site after all. The equivalent would be hanging around on a football forum (soccer) and trolling how ice hockey is a much better game or whatever.

I would like to see more of a 'let live' culture towards the regular users of this site and a harder line against those who seek to disrupt the harmony. If you're not trolling or winding people up to make yourself feel better, then there'd be nothing to worry about.

The feeling on here isn't getting better with time. I know I would like to see less bull*** on here.
    08-22-10 10:26 PM
    On the contrary (see Jumpshot as an example) there are many who have only joined in the last month or two, ...
    And by some strange coincidence some show a remarkable similarity to a member currently banned for repetitive trolling and failure to respond to warnings

Looks like banning time again...
    08-23-10 04:35 AM
    Don't know what's bothering you - just laugh at the (L)users face that's annoying you and don't even bother to leave him a response! Just pass the bashing with a smile and continue with the current subject of the Thread without paying any attention to his/hers bullshiizzzzles..... Then eventually after 5-6 -10 posts with crappp he/she will get annoyed themselves that noone is actually paying attention or fighting back to their posts Believe me - you can kill the dumb a$$ with silence and a smile on your face - the easiest and fastest way! He/she'll get almost suicidal that he/she can't **** anyone off You ALL know better than to get angry for someone's lack of things to do! Just ignore them, keep the smile on and you'll see that in a few days you won't be able to see any dumb comments or they will be way less.... There always will be 2-3 unstoppable bashers but they will be left out like a cry in the desert Keep doing yo thing, enjoy your phone, use it, like it and let the hating (L)users be.... without any respons to their talking they won't be so creative and active Believe that I've had more than 50 phones - all had pros and cons, but you don't see me buzz around and talk trash about the ones I didn't like "Everybody has his own taste!" - said the dog and licked his a$$ Sorry if anyone's affected by my comment but sometimes you just have to name the things with their real names
    Last edited by Me4oKyX; 08-23-10 at 04:58 AM.
    08-23-10 04:54 AM
    Of all the sites on the net, why can't Crackberry be a place where people who actually like Blackberry, come and discuss their devices without Trolls constantly telling them there devices suck and Android/Apple is so much better?

Any other enthusiast forum I have read, has little/no patience for posts that are obviously written just to stir the pot.

The forum seems to have strayed from it's original intent as stated by the founder in my sig line.

Anybody else unhappy with the direction the Blackberry forum has taken?
    Oh I too am unhappy. I made the jump over one year ago to a Samsung Moment (nightmare). I left CB at the time as I had move on to an android based forum. When my upgrade time came, back to good old BB and back to CB (I was eager to return to CB). I'm not regretting my decision to get the most awesome 9650, and, I learnt my lesson - Android = complicated (FOR ME). However, my return to CB was filled with great disappointment. I loved checking in with CB to learn new short-cuts or wonderful things other were doing with their BB's. Seems like I learned of a new program, or something cool each visit. NOW, I spend most of my time on CB sifting through the "junk" that I don't want to read. And, sometimes the "junk" gets thrown into a thread that sounds safe. "Oh, why you speding time on learining the .... I -Phone does that and it is "intuitive" . . . ..
    So, yes I'm unhappy with the direction things have gone. And, I agree that there are forums for those with other phones (they don't have to be hating on BB lovers). The answer? Probably complicated to be sure. I don't like censorship either and I don't know that the solution is censorship. However, maybe the "rants" or haters could be directed into their own threads. The problem with that is I'm pretty sure they already exist. So, don't know. Good luck CB peeps with trying to sort this one! I will still follow, although I'm spending a lot of time at the other sites that sport BB info. I find that they are MUCH more focused on what I go to site for (information and tips) and much less ranting and hating. Ultimately it is me that much change my behavior . . . and I have. There are other BB forums. . .
    08-23-10 06:07 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD