Yes. CrackBerrys. Not CrackBerries.

Build A Better Machine | FightAndroid
    Students are waterloo are rallying against the market killer. Join and fight!

(I am not in any way shape or form involved with the project)...(Other than this post)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 07-11-11 at 12:59 PM.
    07-11-11 11:07 AM
    Taking down Android by disrupting Google's ad model? Really? Apple has tried this with iAds or whatever its called. Not working.

tuffy100 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-11-11 12:16 PM
    Taking down Android by disrupting Google's ad model? Really? Apple has tried this with iAds or whatever its called. Not working.

agreed. this is ridiculous.
    07-11-11 12:21 PM

It is a very silly idea, especially since people are not going to stop using Google's search engine. There is nothing better available for search than Google.

It is the same with maps. Google Maps is far superior to Bing, Mapquest, or anything else.
    07-11-11 12:31 PM
    Well hey can dream, can't they??

07-11-11 12:53 PM
    I wonder how many of those protestors are actually willing to avoid the use of all Google products, especially on their PCs.
    07-11-11 12:56 PM
    Its less of a takedown then a calling.
    I think they just want to get the message out.

07-11-11 12:59 PM
    It is a very silly idea, especially since people are not going to stop using Google's search engine. There is nothing better available for search than Google.

It is the same with maps. Google Maps is far superior to Bing, Mapquest, or anything else.
    Unless you are trying to find negative stories about Android.

07-11-11 01:19 PM
    its sad how they want to fight the model, but why no hype the new devices.

this will not stop the surge of android, it might only open the eyes of consumers to android on a broader spectrum.
    07-11-11 01:21 PM
    Looks like some publicity for a new product. Nice to hear if your a student in Waterloo that now your in a fight with Android. Bring it!
    07-11-11 01:42 PM
    Unless you are trying to find negative stories about Android.

It doesn't look too different. In fact the story about the security flaw affecting 99.7% of phones appears earlier in the results when using Google, rather than Bing.

07-11-11 01:52 PM
    It doesn't look too different. In fact the story about the security flaw affecting 99.7% of phones appears earlier in the results when using Google, rather than Bing.

Aww, gee, Laura, download the sarcasm app!

Actually, another group spent time a few weeks ago related to the apps for the Xoom tablet. After trying several attempts with no success, the group switched to Yahoo where a host of results and stories headlined. These stories were available about 6-7 pages in, but that was pretty deep considering they were using the same search tags.

As to the success, failure of the project at hand, it is certainly a David vs Googliath story, to say the least.

07-11-11 03:15 PM

woohh!! I VERY VERY VERY VERY much disagree

Google Maps rendering speeds are near half of what Bing Maps are today, as someone who is subject to crap wifi in hotels the difference can be as much as 30 minutes to map a 1 day 6 location trip.

as for Google searching, that is dependent as well, BING gives better results when trying to find locations within cities, Google gives better research results and has a better news feed.

I would gladly find a replacement for Google services and stop paying my $100/year to them for my email if I could find a similar email client with tags & conversational email groupings

This is a Fantastic publicity stunt for the "Paybuyer" campaign, since it is based in Waterloo try and get RIM on board, if they can get a way to get paybuyer built into the SDK's to make it easier for App developers to use Paybuyer as their means of making ad revenue they'll gain a market best taken from Google.

I wish them luck, they had a pretty smart marketing guy in that group to think this idea up.
    07-11-11 09:28 PM
    I think this is a silly idea period! It is the company's responsibility to promote their products. Oh wait there are non.
    07-12-11 12:38 AM
    I think this is a silly idea period! It is the company's responsibility to promote their products. Oh wait there are non.
    wtf??

did you even go to the site? did the purpose of the site go over your head?
    07-12-11 01:04 AM
    Yes. CrackBerrys. Not CrackBerries.

Build A Better Machine | FightAndroid
    Students are waterloo are rallying against the market killer. Join and fight!

(I am not in any way shape or form involved with the project)...(Other than this post)

Bwahahahaha, how'd you find this death?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    07-12-11 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD