Has anyone who works on this site ever compared the daily traffic (as measured by visits and/or forum posts) with the posting of OS leaks or official OS releases?

It would be interesting if there were some sort of identifiable pattern or rise in "chatter" around an actual OS leak or release.

Just curious...

...and might make for an interesting blog article.
    Last edited by dylanmail; 09-08-09 at 10:29 PM.
    09-08-09 10:26 PM
    The current max number of users online at one time from 7/22/09 was just after a Storm OS leak.

I don't think there is any subliminal precognitive awareness of BB owners that has them log on more when a leak is imminent. I think they stay logged on longer after there is a fresh leak.
    09-09-09 05:06 AM
    The current max number of users online at one time from 7/22/09 was just after a Storm OS leak.

I don't think there is any subliminal precognitive awareness of BB owners that has them log on more when a leak is imminent. I think they stay logged on longer after there is a fresh leak.
    That was also right after the weekend BBM 5.0 was leaked.

I do agree with you though. I think users stay logged on longer after a leak to keep an eye on things that are posted about it and offer help to others having any issues with the leaks.
    09-09-09 06:06 AM
    I wonder how many times F5 will be pressed on the first official leak of OS 5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 06:10 AM
    i think what the op was going for is that just prior to a release or leak, the traffic increases, sort of like a signal that something is about to drop!
    09-09-09 08:19 AM

Yeah, I wasn't thinking that BB owners have some sort of ESP or precognition of OS leaks or releases. That makes sense that there would be a lot of traffic just after an OS leak or release as BB owners would be interested in learning about the experiences of those adopting the new OS early on.

I was just wondering whether there might be some sort of spike just before an OS leak. If so, then you would have to come up with some theories (aside from subliminal precognitive awareness lol) as to why that might be happening. For example, perhaps BB users found out about a possible leak being imminent on another site but rely on CrackBerry.com's user community to vet out and put the OS to the test rather than another site's community.

I just wanted to spur some ideas that might be interesting for those involved with CrackBerry.com to pursue. Of course, if it turns out that BB users DO indeed have some subliminal precognitive awareness of things about to happen, I have some lottery numbers I'd like to submit for the CrackBerry community to pick for me.
    09-09-09 08:33 AM
    This thread supports my idea that perhaps some BB users on this site find out about possible leaks from other sites before they do on this site but come back to this site for some reason to discuss their findings...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/wi...8-leak-311416/
    09-09-09 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD