With the folding of the BlackBerry hardware, are the Crackberry Community Forums still relevant?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-10-16 08:29 PM
    As long as people like you and I keep coming here to stay up to date on all things related to BlackBerry hardware and/or software it will be.

I continue to be surprised at the number of posts here related to 9900 era devices and Playbooks, so I think it will be still be relevant for a while yet.
    10-10-16 08:53 PM
    We are still completely relevant. Same as before really. Many people still own many millions of BB devices and need support along with the chatting around with people
    zephyr613, FF22, bakron1 and 3 others like this.
    10-10-16 09:22 PM
    I find the device specific threads pretty good overall, but the general discussion areas are getting pretty discouraging to read. The Crackberry website itself (layout wise) I think is terrible and so slow to load with stuff splashed all over the screen when viewed on a pc. This is probably a mobile nations format requirement though I think.
    Doug_M, brian4591, Q10Bold and 2 others like this.
    10-10-16 09:50 PM
    So long as there are people who still can't Google anything. yes.

Seriously, there's been more than enough threads asking about BB10 phones working on Jio, just Google it...

I find the device specific threads pretty good overall, but the general discussion areas are getting pretty discouraging to read. The Crackberry website itself (layout wise) I think is terrible and so slow to load with stuff splashed all over the screen when viewed on a pc. This is probably a mobile nations format requirement though I think.
    Funny, their anti-DDoS stuff (Incapsula/etc.) causes more problems than an actual DDoS.
    10-11-16 12:02 AM
    With the folding of the BlackBerry hardware, are the Crackberry Community Forums still relevant?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Works just fine on my 5 year old Blackberry 9900, and quicker than my iphone 5C to boot.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-11-16 01:52 AM
    Works just fine on my 5 year old Blackberry 9900, and quicker than my iphone 5C to boot.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    Because of such denial, BlackBerry handsets are now dead!
    The majority in BlackBerry's community and management didn't get out of their caves and face the real world.
    10-11-16 02:05 AM
    Because of such denial, BlackBerry handsets are now dead!
    The majority in BlackBerry's community and management didn't get out of their caves and face the real world.
    WHAT are you talking about.

The APP works fine for CB......hence it will "live on." The devices don't just die overnight.

No idea what you're talking about.

zephyr613 likes this.
    10-11-16 02:08 AM
    Given the community is much larger than WebOS, this will survive a lot longer. However when the end comes, it's hard to spot - one day you have a busy community and then the next you notice that most of the threads haven't moved for weeks.

What might get sorta interesting is because BBRY is become a regionally licensed product, we might need geographical rather than device organisation - well if anyone else buys a license.
    JeepBB and Bbnivende like this.
    10-11-16 02:53 AM
    As long as blackberry branded handsets keeps coming to the market,crackberry is alive and gud. Blackberry has some of the most hardcore fans in the smartphone industry,never seen this type of following where people love their blackberries more than anything else and if it wasn't for these fans in these past 5 or 6 years, both blackberry n crackberry would've been dead long ago.

Babbu maan's fan on Crack berry.
    10-11-16 03:31 AM
    However when the end comes, it's hard to spot - one day you have a busy community and then the next you notice that most of the threads haven't moved for weeks.
    That's already happening for me.

Except for one or two hot threads, even on the General subforum, you don't need to go down the page far to see threads that haven't been updated in days. It wasn't that long ago when page 2 was still full of today's or yesterday's posts.

Six months from now will be the cliff edge I reckon. By then, the reality of BB exiting hardware will be apparent to everyone, most will have given-up waiting for the running joke that is 10.3.3, and we'll know how few licensees are out there with licenses, as you say, that are probably only regional reach and so of limited interest to folk outside those regions.
    anon(8063781), wojt7 and Bbnivende like this.
    10-11-16 05:26 AM
    CrackBerry is toast
    ;-) with very little BlackBerry 10 sold and even less BlackBerry Androids on the market and only 10 million BBOS devices left who will come here to find and post anything.

Posted via CB10
    berrydroid likes this.
    10-11-16 06:17 AM
    CrackBerry still Crazy after All Those Years .Long Live CrackBerry .
    10-11-16 06:26 AM
    CrackBerry is toast
    ;-) with very little BlackBerry 10 sold and even less BlackBerry Androids on the market and only 10 million BBOS devices left who will come here to find and post anything.

Posted via CB10
    I think there are more than 10 million.

There are probably even more than 10 million BB10 and considerably more BBOS.

Well, if you just mean the handsets - not actively used handsets :P
    10-11-16 06:51 AM
    Aside from the fact that new hardware will still be coming out bearing the BlackBerry logo and running BlackBerry software, there are still millions (yes, millions) of people using BlackBerry phones, and millions more who aren't, but used to and are still fans.

CrackBerry is the original and most popular BlackBerry fan site and will be relevant for some time - probably forever.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    10-11-16 07:13 AM
    I think there are more than 10 million.

There are probably even more than 10 million BB10 and considerably more BBOS.

Well, if you just mean the handsets - not actively used handsets :P
    I was being sarcastic, sorry that didn't come through ,the toast part comes from a current thread running here and the numbers come from an "esteemed ".poster ,who comes up with made up numbers to speak with "authority " on BlackBerry .

Posted via CB10
    berrydroid likes this.
    10-11-16 07:38 AM
    ...the numbers come from an "esteemed ".poster ,who comes up with made up numbers to speak with "authority " on BlackBerry .
    That doesn't exactly narrow it down...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    berrydroid likes this.
    10-11-16 09:04 AM
    10-11-16 09:15 AM
    It seems to me like some people have the word "toast/ed" lock and loaded to throw it anywhere.... BlackBerry: toasted. Crackberry: toasted. OS 10: toasted. Samsung: toasted.....

Relax.....
    10-11-16 09:26 AM
    It seems to me like some people have the word "toast/ed" lock and loaded to throw it anywhere.... BlackBerry: toasted. Crackberry: toasted. OS 10: toasted. Samsung: toasted.....

Relax.....
    I'll drink to that.
    G_Unit MVP and kvndoom like this.
    10-11-16 09:31 AM
    As long as people like you and I keep coming here to stay up to date on all things related to BlackBerry hardware and/or software it will be.
    Shades of Matthew 18:20.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 11:49 AM
    That's already happening for me.

Except for one or two hot threads, even on the General subforum, you don't need to go down the page far to see threads that haven't been updated in days. It wasn't that long ago when page 2 was still full of today's or yesterday's posts.

Six months from now will be the cliff edge I reckon. By then, the reality of BB exiting hardware will be apparent to everyone, most will have given-up waiting for the running joke that is 10.3.3, and we'll know how few licensees are out there with licenses, as you say, that are probably only regional reach and so of limited interest to folk outside those regions.
    It just occurred to me that if you nod your head to one side and read "10.3.3", it's like a hieroglyph, with the two 3s representing the buttocks of Watsa and Chen. The complex thought would thus be that they are mooning the BB10 userbase.

And since BB10 hardware was basically replaced by the Priv(y). . .

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and anon(3641385) like this.
    10-11-16 11:56 AM
    We are still completely relevant. Same as before really. Many people still own many millions of BB devices and need support along with the chatting around with people
    If they did some "pay it forward", we have the potential of a serious resurgence!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-16 09:47 PM
    Given the community is much larger than WebOS, this will survive a lot longer.
    webOS is much easier for users to patch, and still has a strong home-brew community, which means that issues surrounding encryption, certificates, changed APIs, and new urls in apps have been fixed by users. Even with those fixes, there aren't many people around webOS Nation.

I don't think that those kinds of issues are as easily fixed with BBOS, BB10, or Android (especially with a locked down bootloader), so the userbase is only likely to endure for a while if the company and app developers continue to provide support. I doubt users will be able to get into the code and make the necessary changes themselves.

That being said, I think the future of this place hangs on those licensing deals. If there are none, there will be very few of us around here in a couple of years. People generally like new phones and a complete set of apps.
    JeepBB and cgk like this.
    10-11-16 10:55 PM
    Once you go Crack.. you always come back..

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 11:28 PM
84 123 ...