Helllllo CrackBerry!!

Hope every has been enjoying a great Christmas / Holiday season.

With 2013 **nearly** over, I figured it was time to think about our CrackBerry resolutions for 2014.

To that end, what do you want to see us do better around here? What would make CrackBerry even awesomer in 2014?

Use this as your friendly suggestion thread and let us know how we could make CrackBerry an even better resource and community than it already is! More contests? Banning more trolls? Getting more fresh blood on the blogs (I kinda want to do that, so if any of you are experienced and awesome bloggers and love BB, let me know)?

2013 was a crazy year for me. First half of the year I literally put my life on hold to tackle the BB10 launch. Toronto for a month. NYC for two months. CrackBerry Live at BB World. Talk Mobile mixed into that. Pretty much neglected everything else I'm supposed to work on (and my life) that first half of the year. So last few months have had to been a little quieter on CB while I caught up on neglected duties. But I'm excited for 2014 and yet a new BlackBerry regime. John Chen seems like a straight shooter. It's going to be interesting to see what happens near term and longer term.

Anyways, I digress. New Year's Resolutions for CrackBerry.. that's what we're talking about here.

Shoot out your ideas below!
    12-30-13 09:38 PM
    See Blackberry rise again!
    sam81 likes this.
    12-30-13 09:41 PM
    Happy New Year Kevin!

Let me make a list and get back to you

I kid, I kid

PS - Have you checked out my blog?
    Keep Calm and Berry On
    sam81 likes this.
    12-30-13 09:41 PM
    Lol. A list. Now you're scaring me. Just checked out Keep Calm and Berry On. Love it!

Happy New Year Kevin!

Let me make a list and get back to you

I kid, I kid

PS - Have you checked out my blog?
    Keep Calm and Berry On
    sam81 and hamsterwheel like this.
    12-30-13 09:53 PM
    - Have you checked out my blog?
    Keep Calm and Berry On
    New CB blogger?
    kbz1960 and hamsterwheel like this.
    12-30-13 09:57 PM
    Post counts in the CB10 app would be nice, too. Happy New Year CB'ers
    12-30-13 09:58 PM
    How about killing 2 birds with 1 stone and having a contest where people can submit blog posts for topics of the editors' choosing. The winner would get some sort of prize and be featured as a guest blogger, with a potential shot of earning a more permanent spot if they so desire.
    12-30-13 10:21 PM
    I'm an avid BlackBerry blogger but I don't think I possess the professionalism required to write "quality-enough" articles for CB, else i'd love to.

At any rate, I'm satisfied with CB, other than the fact we haven't seem much of good ol' Kevin's writing lately. I do wish we had a lot less posters in the forums whose entire post history is nothing but insults or snide attitudes, but there's little anyone can do about that.

Just keep up the pace for 2014! CB is still the number one largest BlackBerry homebase for "the rest of us."

Posted from BitPusher's Q10
    BBPandy likes this.
    12-31-13 01:54 AM
    Contest for the top ten trolls on crackberry.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-31-13 02:22 AM
    Troll banishing is the first to come to mind lol.

� � � � �
    �It�s been easy for competitors to promote negative stories about BlackBerry, focusing on the business of the past. But I�m not focused on who BlackBerry used to be � I�m focused on what BlackBerry will be today and in the future.� John Chen, December 2013
    12-31-13 02:47 AM
    Would love to see some (more) in-depth posts on where BlackBerry might take us in the near future. But not just from BB. TAT and other developing companies with a passion for BB are also welcome. Something like CES but then just for BB
    12-31-13 02:53 AM
    More CB face time with Mr. Chen please
    12-31-13 03:40 AM
    I really enjoyed the pod casts this year! Hope to see more in 2014.
    12-31-13 05:26 AM
    I would like to see the cb10 app looked at more regularly.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 05:29 AM
    Contest for the top ten trolls on crackberry.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    I do believe that list has been created by someone in Vegas.

Just say'n

"I Lendo we Trust"

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 06:42 AM
    Shop Crackberry to drop Best Buy phones and sell unlocked GSM phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to give you guys the business but I prefer unlocked un branded BlackBerry's.

Sent by the worlds best phone the Z30
    12-31-13 06:48 AM
    I'll blog Kev!

Although the style may be a little, er, different...

Here's the first one:

'Android Users Suffer Calorific Deficiencies '

How's that?
    Last edited by bigglybobblyboo; 12-31-13 at 07:08 AM.
    Barljo likes this.
    12-31-13 06:50 AM
    Kevin please do more reporting on why BlackBerry can or can't do stuff. Like having Winter as timeframe for the USA 10.2 update.

And please bring a podcast talking about security and BES deployments. Would love to have more technical talk about that stuff.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 06:55 AM
    How about threads that solve something be marked in the title as solved?
    12-31-13 06:57 AM
    I want to see video montages of hot Canadian girls with their Blackberry's....REGULARLY :-p

Lure them in with your yoga pants Kevin.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 07:00 AM
    Please get rid of those annoying ads that cause the screen to bounce down and up. (Yes, I'm sounding like an ***** to some of you, but I don't know the technical term for them.) They seem to be seasonal, thank goodness, and I realize all these ads are the way you guys make money to keep this place alive. However, the ones that cause the screen to dance around are extremely frustrating and, at least on my part, generate more negative feelings towards crackberry than positive ones. I hope that was diplomatic enough.

Thank you.
    12-31-13 07:04 AM
    Clean the forums...
    12-31-13 07:13 AM
    a fresh review of all the BlackBerry 10 devices when the new OS hits...
    12-31-13 07:40 AM
    Cleanup General Discussion. Too much negativity on the forum page that is front and center. All the threads seem to turn into US vs Them. The creation of a sub forum has been tried and doesn't seem to have been as effective as it was meant to be. It would be easier for mods to move the bickering to a no holds barred sub forum ) but maybe your presence and leadership on the forums would go a long way in creating some positive.

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    CrackBerry Kevin and sam81 like this.
    12-31-13 08:52 AM
    Cleanup General Discussion. Too much negativity on the forum page that is front and center. All the threads seem to turn into US vs Them. The creation of a sub forum has been tried and doesn't seem to have been as effective as it was meant to be. It would be easier for mods to move the bickering to a no holds barred sub forum ) but maybe your presence and leadership on the forums would go a long way in creating some positive.

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    It doesn't matter where they try to hide them. They will still trend and be the most popular threads. Esp when no one can let things go or ignore what is said.

Moving the treads does nothing to hide them like some think they should be, or just deleted.
    Acidwire and sam81 like this.
    12-31-13 09:05 AM
68 123