Isn't Kevin a bit of a fitness buff anyway? And hey I love green tea .
    I would NOT have pegged Kevin as a fitness buff at all haha!
    And his love of Chicken Chef is not a love heald usually by a fitness buff, he's no bum! But certainly doesn't come off as a fitness buff,
    Unless he's doing a presentation somewhere like DevCON,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 08:40 AM
    Lak is a she!?
    Yep.

I'm in Charlotte, NC for a couple of weeks from 11/21 so I'm up for a beer or two as well.
    11-04-11 08:55 AM
    Occupy Crackberry!
    LOL. Didn't they do that already?

I distinctly recall telling them to wrap up well and take extra flaming torches because snow was forecast!
    11-04-11 09:41 AM
    I would NOT have pegged Kevin as a fitness buff at all haha!
    And his love of Chicken Chef is not a love heald usually by a fitness buff, he's no bum! But certainly doesn't come off as a fitness buff,
    Unless he's doing a presentation somewhere like DevCON,

LOL! I can't remember where I got that impression that he was a fitness buff. I want to say it was a blog entry awhile ago.
    11-04-11 09:52 AM
    I am pretty sure at one time Kevin did some blogging on his gym and running and how BB was part of it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-04-11 10:26 AM
    Crackberry forums is where people talk about Blackberry - rehab or addiction... lovers and haters.. plus and minus.. like any other good forum of any other great thing.
    11-04-11 12:20 PM
    And Qbnkelt, lak611, and KBear!
    I'd love to join!
    Chrisy and pantlesspenguin like this.
    11-04-11 12:32 PM
    It is a two way street, I would frequent this site because there would be good information regarding troubleshooting devices and bug fixes, however it has been overrun by fanboys nonsense, claiming that RIMs stock has bounced back, the Playbook can do everything an iPad can do, and that the camera in the 9900 is better without the autofocus. It really is comical.
    Yeah, those claims are overpowering every thread...

Stating an opinion as fact doesn't make it so.
    11-05-11 12:26 AM
    Because crackberry became a troll cave latly.

And in response some CB members got super defensive over anything negative.
    Hate to admit it but trolls did successfully spoil this forum... its just no fun anymore to come here.You wont have a conversation without some asses to come in and throw the conversation off balance.

Even is there are any news on the front page the first comment you read sometimes is some troll comment to talk it down.Its kind of alarming that people are more eager to go there and spit on something than give any real thoughts on it.
    11-05-11 01:12 AM
    I've been here since the early days and I think that those that have as well would agree that there have always been people like that in here, but it does seem to have gotten worse over the last year or so.

I don't mind when people complain as sometimes there is every reason to. Its the people in here (and I won't name names) that think that every complaint is invalid and that RIM can do no wrong that drive me nuts.

I get it, you like your Blackberry (I like mine too), but don't come in every single thread where someone has a legitimate complaint and try to prove why that person's complaint is a lie or tell them to shut up and quit using BB's. THOSE are the people who the majority of the time start the problems.

I think that people forget that one of the reasons this forum exists is so that people can vent a little bit if they feel they've somehow gotten screwed as well as to help each other improve the use of our devices. If people only talked about how much they love RIM and that they are the greatest this place would be boring.
    11-05-11 06:29 AM
    The thing is, I WANT to buy BB but I haven't been satisfied with my questions or concerns to buy one. I am still an owner, and will be an owner for a while.
    11-05-11 06:32 AM
    I think that people forget that one of the reasons this forum exists is so that people can vent a little bit if they feel they've somehow gotten screwed as well as to help each other improve the use of our devices. If people only talked about how much they love RIM and that they are the greatest this place would be boring.
    One can have viewpoints that are not all positive and rosey for RIM but not be antagonistic to the site,

There are some great people who have switched platforms, you clearly see shifts in their postings, and the people they click "like to" people who are not trolls them selves "boost" trolls by liking/thanking their posts.

If you own a BlackBerry and want to learn about all it can do, you should be here, if you had a BlackBerry and Miss what it could do, you should be here, if you WANT a BlackBerry and are trying to keep up with their development you should be here.
    But if you signed up on this forum, and 50%+ of your posts are bashing RIM/BlackBerrys/BlackBerry users, I'm sorry to say, you should leave, stop posting, all you are doing is making it a hostile place to be a BlackBerry fan, and a BlackBerry user. You detract from the new users looking for help as clicking on the "new posts" link which used to make it easy to help people now just links to the top threads full of blatant hate.

You have posters who say "I'm not a troll, I'm just stating facts". Well what you are doing is prodding those who are overly fanboish to respond with counter points which may also be factual, or they find holes in your "facts" and suddenly the thread explodes. If your mission is to share negative facts with the BlackBerry loving population, and you look for ways to respond with a short snarky comment when ever something positive comes out, you are a troll,

There are some posters who look for every opportunity to promote Apple, and All things Apple, how great everything Apple is, and will be sure to let you know that they feel life can only be worth while if you use Apple products, some are intelligent, though refusing to accept people could like using non Apple products, some just bring up weak points of RIM/Windows as their arguments on why the world of iPhone/Mac is the only path to happiness.

This forum is filled with people who want to be antagonistic, I'm far from an everything is fine guy, fighting with over zealot BlackBerry people as I do with fans of the other platforms. But I don't enjoy coming to the forum to users who though they claim they want a BlackBerry, or that used to use a BlackBerry so they deserve to be here, who's only purpose is to tell people who own BlackBerrys they are stupid for not changing platforms, and that the Only thing BlackBerry has is a Keyboard and BBM.

lnichols, Danf, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    11-05-11 07:44 AM
    One can have viewpoints that are not all positive and rosey for RIM but not be antagonistic to the site,

There are some great people who have switched platforms, you clearly see shifts in their postings, and the people they click "like to" people who are not trolls them selves "boost" trolls by liking/thanking their posts.

If you own a BlackBerry and want to learn about all it can do, you should be here, if you had a BlackBerry and Miss what it could do, you should be here, if you WANT a BlackBerry and are trying to keep up with their development you should be here.
    But if you signed up on this forum, and 50%+ of your posts are bashing RIM/BlackBerrys/BlackBerry users, I'm sorry to say, you should leave, stop posting, all you are doing is making it a hostile place to be a BlackBerry fan, and a BlackBerry user. You detract from the new users looking for help as clicking on the "new posts" link which used to make it easy to help people now just links to the top threads full of blatant hate.

You have posters who say "I'm not a troll, I'm just stating facts". Well what you are doing is prodding those who are overly fanboish to respond with counter points which may also be factual, or they find holes in your "facts" and suddenly the thread explodes. If your mission is to share negative facts with the BlackBerry loving population, and you look for ways to respond with a short snarky comment when ever something positive comes out, you are a troll,

There are some posters who look for every opportunity to promote Apple, and All things Apple, how great everything Apple is, and will be sure to let you know that they feel life can only be worth while if you use Apple products, some are intelligent, though refusing to accept people could like using non Apple products, some just bring up weak points of RIM/Windows as their arguments on why the world of iPhone/Mac is the only path to happiness.

This forum is filled with people who want to be antagonistic, I'm far from an everything is fine guy, fighting with over zealot BlackBerry people as I do with fans of the other platforms. But I don't enjoy coming to the forum to users who though they claim they want a BlackBerry, or that used to use a BlackBerry so they deserve to be here, who's only purpose is to tell people who own BlackBerrys they are stupid for not changing platforms, and that the Only thing BlackBerry has is a Keyboard and BBM.

This sums up the problem perfectly. The people who say they aren't trolls are thanking and liking the comments of the obvious trolls who are just here to start stuff. This makes these people just as sad and pathetic as the trolls themselves, and therefore trolls by association. And I guarantee that everyone whining that doesn't own a Blackberry device and saying they are not trolling in this thread is guilty of this.
    Last edited by lnichols; 11-05-11 at 08:14 AM.
    11-05-11 08:00 AM

I agree with you. But this is just an Internet forum. It blows my mind how people take things personally on here. Ex: if I went into the playbook forum and started a thread with some complaints I have with the playbook (which I won't do because they've all been said ad naseum by others) then there would be people that would take it as a personal attack. There are people in there who would accuse me of being a whatever device fanboy and act like I just personally assaulted one of their family members. I have used BB's for 6 years now, and happen to like their devices. But some people feel that if you DARE challenge them on an issue that your are challenging them as a parent like RIM is their child or something.

The playbook forum alone has gotten ridiculous with a few people in there jumping at the chance for someone to DARE have an issue with the way RIM has handled things with it or some of its problems. Example: there are several threads stating that people would like to see autocorrect on the Playbook (me included). Any time a thread or topic on this is discussed there are people that will immediatley jump in and say "You new to learn to type you *****" or "or why don't you just use a laptop if you aren't smart enough to use a touchscreen keyboard.". These are the same people who will then say "I love RIM SO MUCH for their great keyboards an could never type on a touchscreen device!"

I just find it humorous that so many people take things personally in here. Look at the title of the thread. The OP (and no offense to you) is upset because people are bad mouthing RIM. So what? If you like your RIM gear then that's great and let the haters hate and let everyone else contribute positive things to the forum. If people wouldn't fuel the fire of the negative posts by going so crazy over them then they would eventually die down.

And to your point about people promoting other brands: it exists in every forum. Go over to TIPB forum or Android central and you'll see the same thing. People will promote the opposite of what fhe forum is geared to. People come in there all the time and talk about how BB's are the only devices worth having and that iPhones are just toys with "fart" apps. It exists everywhere and is just part of it. People love to instigate trouble in forums. They always have and always will.
    Last edited by donnation; 11-05-11 at 09:22 AM.
    11-05-11 09:12 AM
    I was letting it bother me also. I made my mind up that I can either ignore them or make a comment geared to not adding to their game, all though I do still slip backwards.

There has been a lot of news (? can you call it that) about RIM's demise and we all know they need to get the transition done and are hurting right now in the NA market anyway.
    11-05-11 09:57 AM

And to your point about people promoting other brands: it exists in every forum. Go over to TIPB forum or Android central and you'll see the same thing. People will promote the opposite of what fhe forum is geared to. People come in there all the time and talk about how BB's are the only devices worth having and that iPhones are just toys with "fart" apps. It exists everywhere and is just part of it. People love to instigate trouble in forums. They always have and always will.

I will take your premise

On Android Central there are 73 Threads in the BlackBerry Section http://forums.androidcentral.com/blackberry/
    On TiPh there are 279 Combined threads in Alternative OS sections http://forums.tipb.com/smartphone-forum/

At CrackBerry.com we have
    5105 Threads in The Android Section http://forums.crackberry.com/android-f169/
    4140 Threads in the iOS Section http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-iphone-ipad-f99/

Last month alone JUST in the General Discussion sections we had 18 Threads with iPhone in the TITLE
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=31420062

to say it is proportionate across all forums is very much trying to throw a blanket over the problem CrackBerry faces by people who don't like What built CrackBerry but like the community and want it to change for them

People get attached to their gadgets like they get attached to their sports teams, or their cars, it is just the way it is, AND the reactions in the PlayBook forum by the posters who are over protectionist I would bet half of them have become that way due to being told they are stupid for liking their PlayBook 30 times a day on the forums, and the first 3 months on the PlayBook forum, admitting you liked your playbook resulted in ridicule
    Pete6#WP and TheScionicMan like this.
    11-05-11 11:44 AM
    I will take your premise

On Android Central there are 73 Threads in the BlackBerry Section http://forums.androidcentral.com/blackberry/
    On TiPh there are 279 Combined threads in Alternative OS sections http://forums.tipb.com/smartphone-forum/

4140 Threads in the iOS Section http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-iphone-ipad-f99/

Last month alone JUST in the General Discussion sections we had 18 Threads with iPhone in the TITLE

to say it is proportionate across all forums is very much trying to throw a blanket over the problem CrackBerry faces by people who don't like What built CrackBerry but like the community and want it to change for them

People get attached to their gadgets like they get attached to their sports teams, or their cars, it is just the way it is, AND the reactions in the PlayBook forum by the posters who are over protectionist I would bet half of them have become that way due to being told they are stupid for liking their PlayBook 30 times a day on the forums, and the first 3 months on the PlayBook forum, admitting you liked your playbook resulted in ridicule
    As ever, cogent thinking.

However we will not let them change it for them. CrackBerry is ours and we shall keep it.
    11-05-11 11:48 AM
    Just wondering, how long has CrackBerry been around compared to Android Central or TiPh?
    11-05-11 11:55 AM
    I will concede that it does exist in every forum, and not just for tech products. However there's a huge disparity between CrackBerry vs TiPb and Android Central when looking at "device war" type posts. On CrackBerry, any thread seems susceptible to degenerate to bickering. Whereas the other Mobile Nations forums will limit the bickering to threads posted specifically to the subject, and threads built for the subject are less common. The closest Android Central ever gets to device wars, are arguments between Android devices since Android has an obscene amount of devices releasing every month, and rarely do you see a BB vs Apple vs Android argument.
    11-05-11 11:58 AM
    Just wondering, how long has CrackBerry been around compared to Android Central or TiPh?
    Well BlackBerry has been around considerably longer that either Android, OR iPhone, so clearly CrackBerry would be an Older site,

but Both those Platforms have the potential for orders of magnitude greater user numbers,

I would wager there actually are MORE iPhone users registered and active on CrackBerry.com than Registered and active on TiPb.com
    rcheung135 likes this.
    11-05-11 12:03 PM
    I honestly think that crackberry is by far the best BB site there is. I have never found a better and more active BB site. I probably joined 10 BB sites over the last 3+ years but none were even close to the experience here.

TiPb and AC compete with many other iOS and android forums that are also very good which probably hurts the growth a little.
    Last edited by howarmat; 11-05-11 at 12:45 PM.
    11-05-11 12:12 PM
    Many of the anti BB crowd can't seem to grasp the concept of a special interest site.

To me it seems rather ignorant to bemoan pro BB postings on a site dedicated to BlackBerries. They need to come to terms with the fact that those who had chosen BB don't really care how much they love their android or iPhones and don't want to have to constantly be barraged by the Gospel according to android or the disciples of Iphone.

They are like ex smokers, it isn't enough they quit smoking they demand everyone else quit as well.
    11-05-11 12:27 PM
    These threads are always funny. Yeah, the reason Crackberry sucks is because of all the Blackberry fans...

Hahahahaha.
    11-05-11 12:57 PM
    I will take your premise

Dude I wasn't disagreeing with you but you seem to want me to say that you are right so here: "You are right. There is a major disparagement between this forum and all other forums of people complaining about blackberry vs. other phones." Are you happy now?

To your point about just the General Discussion having 18 threads with iPhone in the title: Isn't that what the General discussion forum is for? The threads aren't titled "iPhone is better than blackberry" (save for a couple), they are questions asking about iphone vs. blackberry or I've come back to Blackberry from an iPhone, or a comparison someone has made between their Blackberry and an iPhone. So your point on that is lost to me. If you can't discuss those things in the General Discussion area without people getting all flustered and mad then why even have a general discussion area?

I never engaged with you on this thread but you seem to want to engage me and have me agree with what you are saying. So you win buddy, I agree with you. Crackberry is being unfairly bashed by trolls and Apple fanboys and no other forum sees it to the extent of Crackberry. I still say big deal. Its just an internet forum and if people don't like them IGNORE them and they will go away.
    11-05-11 01:02 PM
    Dude I wasn't disagreeing with you but you seem to want me to say that you are right so here: "You are right. There is a major disparagement between this forum and all other forums of people complaining about blackberry vs. other phones." Are you happy now?

To your point about just the General Discussion having 18 threads with iPhone in the title: Isn't that what the General discussion forum is for? The threads aren't titled "iPhone is better than blackberry" (save for a couple), they are questions asking about iphone vs. blackberry or I've come back to Blackberry from an iPhone, or a comparison someone has made between their Blackberry and an iPhone. So your point on that is lost to me. If you can't discuss those things in the General Discussion area without people getting all flustered and mad then why even have a general discussion area?

I never engaged with you on this thread but you seem to want to engage me and have me agree with what you are saying. So you win buddy, I agree with you. Crackberry is being unfairly bashed by trolls and Apple fanboys and no other forum sees it to the extent of Crackberry. I still say big deal. Its just an internet forum and if people don't like them IGNORE them and they will go away.
    I didn't mean to look like I was engaging you specifically, you made posts I countered, which is how discussions grow is it not?

you've made solid coherent posts, which is why I chose to continue on those posts. I am in agreement with your "Ignore them" premise and have told many users to use the ignore user option, has made the forum far more enjoyable for me since doing so.

To my point of 18 posts in General discussion, I was illustrating that multi device discussions are all over the forum, it was actually more of a preemptive component to the post as I thought of how one could reply to the other links.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    11-05-11 02:57 PM
181 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD