Hardly. But I do like new technology, and I like innovation. Both of which the "new" QNX platform is supposed to bring (remember.."leaps and bounds"?). But i've been waiting since '08/'09 for something new from RIM.

I'm not sure what's so hard for you to understand about this? Former users can still be waiting for something better from RIM..just as current users are. It doesn't have to be an "all or nothing" mentality.
    But how is venting your frustration on Crackberry gonna make RIM move any faster or keep promises?

PS I find the Bold 9900 to be the ultimate blackberry, couldn't be happier. I guess we all have different expectations and I'm glad Rim is meeting my expectations and not yours, whatever they may be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 10:17 AM
    Wait, what? You left it at home? I take it back lol, only joking

Hehe. I'm using a prepaid SIM, so I primarily just have the BB at home using wifi. I've had the line for like 3 weeks and I've only used a few cents worth out of the initial $25 I put on the account .
    11-03-11 10:31 AM
    I do have a fair number of negative posts recently, but don't consider myself a hater. I have a 9650 and a PB and I am disappointed with RIM. I want them to succeed. I will hold off replacing the 9650 for a reasonable time to see what RIM actual gets to market by June of next year. I don't see how pointing out to the fanboys that my Play Book has potential that RIM is squandering and that as an investment RIMM stock is a complete and total gamble is being a hater. I call it being a realist. No doubt that RIM over-promised and under-delivered, to date on the PB. No doubt that they promised certain features by certain dates and didn't produce. When a CEO of a company like RIMM promises or says something that turns out not to be true, I think customers and investors are right to be disappointed and act on that. This is a fact and fair game to point out. I think the co-CEO's are absolutely running RIMM into the ground and that the stock price reflects that. There are certainly some trolls out there, but I think any good site such as Crackberry needs both points of view as long as they are back by facts. As far as I can tell, there are about an equal number of fanboys and trolls with most posters being somewhere in between. A big JMHO
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-03-11 10:38 AM
    But how is venting your frustration on Crackberry gonna make RIM move any faster or keep promises?

PS I find the Bold 9900 to be the ultimate blackberry, couldn't be happier. I guess we all have different expectations and I'm glad Rim is meeting my expectations and not yours, whatever they may be.

I am pretty sure RIM employees monitor this site and that people like Kevin have direct access to RIM and pass along what is happening here. If RIM isn't monitoring what happens here it a sign of even more incompetence. We are their most loyal and for the most part most educated RIM consumers and at least some of what is posted here would be very valuable for them to know.
    Chrisy and JeepBB like this.
    11-03-11 10:45 AM
    I do have a fair number of negative posts recently, but don't consider myself a hater. I have a 9650 and a PB and I am disappointed with RIM. I want them to succeed. I will hold off replacing the 9650 for a reasonable time to see what RIM actual gets to market by June of next year. I don't see how pointing out to the fanboys that my Play Book has potential that RIM is squandering and that as an investment RIMM stock is a complete and total gamble is being a hater. I call it being a realist. No doubt that RIM over-promised and under-delivered, to date on the PB. No doubt that they promised certain features by certain dates and didn't produce. When a CEO of a company like RIMM promises or says something that turns out not to be true, I think customers and investors are right to be disappointed and act on that. This is a fact and fair game to point out. I think the co-CEO's are absolutely running RIMM into the ground and that the stock price reflects that. There are certainly some trolls out there, but I think any good site such as Crackberry needs both points of view as long as they are back by facts. As far as I can tell, there are about an equal number of fanboys and trolls with most posters being somewhere in between. A big JMHO

A wise old grain elevator operator once told me, his preacher, when I was facing some negative criticism, "Have you ever seen a cow pie?" "Yes", I responded despite being city born and bred. He said, "A fresh pie stinks, but over time it doesn't smell bad cause it kind of hardens from the outside in. There are just some people who love to stir cow pies. They love to raise a stink!"

Being fairly new to BlackBerry, I have found CrackBerry to be an interesting site. I have gained a great deal of knowledge on using my phone to its greatest potential. People have been kind in helping me grow through my ignorance. I have in turn tried to help others and everyday I learn more about symptoms and possible remedies for the symtoms.

Not everyone, however has been kind or helpful. Some of it is due to frustration. Frankly, the best spokespersons for RIMM are not its Co-CEO's. Though they are excellent in their field of expertise, promotion doesn't seem to be it. But then, none of us is able to do all things well. I realize the frustration some people have with the missed dates and mixed messagess that have been put forth by RIMM, but for the life of me I don't see why that pours out on this forum because RIMM does not get its marching orders from CrackBerry.com. However, the nature of a forum is for people to annonymously communicate, so that in itself can embolden people no matter their viewpoint.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-03-11 11:23 AM
    I am pretty sure RIM employees monitor this site and that people like Kevin have direct access to RIM and pass along what is happening here. If RIM isn't monitoring what happens here it a sign of even more incompetence. We are their most loyal and for the most part most educated RIM consumers and at least some of what is posted here would be very valuable for them to know.
    Really? Do you really think Rim is influenced at all by Crackberry or Kevin? Any reference to Crackberry posted to Blackberry Facebook page is instantly deleted. They might have a look but in no way this site is influencing Rim.

Rants on Crackberry with the purpose of reaching Rim is a waste of time and it's ruining this site.

11-03-11 12:24 PM
    Some People just don't get it. There is nothing wrong with giving criticism to RIM, but for God sakes, send it to them. The Crackberry website is not owned by RIM! Dump your **** in their backyard, not in this community. The members here are not employees of RIM and definitely are not your psychologists. Crying about your disappointment with RIM here just shows your disrespect to the members of this community who want to come to this site feeling good. Grow up and send your criticisms to the appropriate party.
    Itzdatdude likes this.
    11-03-11 12:27 PM
    You need only look at a few of the posts from some of the Android and iPhone users on here (Anakin1979 being the latest as he just recently posted he has a duty to stear people away from Blackberry) to see why a lot of Blackberry users are fed up with people now using other platforms that like to post negative things about RIM, constantly. It is simply a matter of a few bad Apples spoiling the bunch. Is it fair to people who are genuinely contributing, probably not, but that is the way life works where the crazy people of a group fudge it up for the rest. I don't see why of all the Mobile Nations sites Crackberry needs to be the melting pot. The other sites won't grow if their potential users are always here. Plenty of people have accounts here and lurk (don't contribute, just read). Heck the AndroidCentral guy, Nickenson, fits in to the typical RIM basher role on every mobile nation podcast. So that is why I'm in favor of the sites being focused on their core audiences, removing any other device forums from them, and have mobile nations be the melting pot. You may have started as part of the Crackberry nation, but you moved on and someone else bought a Berry and joined in your place. No one is kicking you out, but if your device isn't a Crackberry, than this isn't the community to discuss your device IMHO.
    11-03-11 12:34 PM
    What cracks me up about this site is that it is like listening in to a Pontiac Aztec owners group revering the timeless good looks of their vehicle, the off road prowess, and scratching their heads why Pontiac is gone now.
    spike12 and JeepBB like this.
    11-03-11 01:31 PM
    What cracks me up about this site is that it is like listening in to a Pontiac Aztec owners group revering the timeless good looks of their vehicle, the off road prowess, and scratching their heads why Pontiac is gone now.
    Thanks for that example of the unneeded snarkiness that gets spewed out here daily...

It also illustrates that no matter what subject matter is being discussed, there's still posters coming in to bash RIM. It's really pathetic.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 11-03-11 at 01:48 PM.
    kbz1960 and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    11-03-11 01:39 PM
    Please point me to the time frame where Pontiac pioneered the automobile or ever held a majority of the market share. Unless you can - fail analogy.
    11-03-11 01:46 PM
    Thanks for that example of the unneeded snarkiness that gets spewed out here daily...

It also illustrates that no matter what subject matter is being discussed, there's still posters coming in to bash RIM. It's really pathetic.

It is a two way street, I would frequent this site because there would be good information regarding troubleshooting devices and bug fixes, however it has been overrun by fanboys nonsense, claiming that RIMs stock has bounced back, the Playbook can do everything an iPad can do, and that the camera in the 9900 is better without the autofocus. It really is comical.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-03-11 01:57 PM
    I'm confused. What forums have paid moderators? Lol.

They choose to leave them. Its not a site praising RIM.

I however, wish there was a specific area for people giving "constructive" criticism.

The PB Help forum is filled with "PB SUCKS" threads.

I liked the Old days where I could click today's posts and see like 5 that I could answer on the same page.

This is the numero uno reason I just cruise through the forums mostly. And, nowadays there's the "help me" posts that bash at the same time they're asking for help - for me, I guage whether I want to even take the time to troubleshoot at the risk saying something derisive while giving advice; I'm not always successful in resisting. There's a substantial number in which I could simply paste a canned response along the line of "You obviously don't like it, please go get a device/model more to your liking.".
    11-03-11 02:10 PM
    Occupy Crackberry!
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-03-11 06:03 PM
    What I think we really need is a CrackBerry meetup. Kevin, Adam, Chris and the mod squad plus all of us. I'd really love that. It would allow us to see each other face to face, as people.

I'll even shake Belfastdispatcher's hand!
    11-03-11 06:24 PM
    What I think we really need is a CrackBerry meetup. Kevin, Adam, Chris and the mod squad plus all of us. I'd really love that. It would allow us to see each other face to face, as people.

I'll even shake Belfastdispatcher's hand!
    I'm game!
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-03-11 07:54 PM
    I'm game!
    We can car pool! Women of CrackBerry! PantlessPenguin and Reneebob too.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-03-11 07:58 PM
    Word. That would rock lol. I shall bring much beer!

Sure it ain't girly but I'm Canadian so beer is a religion.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin and Chrisy like this.
    11-03-11 08:48 PM
    We can car pool! Women of CrackBerry! PantlessPenguin and Reneebob too.
    And Qbnkelt, lak611, and KBear!
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-03-11 08:51 PM
    Lak is a she!?
    11-03-11 08:57 PM
    We have to make sure Kevin isn't on a diet for the meet up. Like he was last time we went out

Damn green tea!
    I'd be game for a meet up I've met 15-20 members so far I think

11-03-11 09:31 PM
    Lak is a she!?
    Yup Laura.

11-03-11 09:32 PM
    And Qbnkelt, lak611, and KBear!
    YES!!! I would be there!!!!
    11-04-11 03:09 AM
    We have to make sure Kevin isn't on a diet for the meet up. Like he was last time we went out

Damn green tea!
    I'd be game for a meet up I've met 15-20 members so far I think

Isn't Kevin a bit of a fitness buff anyway? And hey I love green tea .
    11-04-11 07:42 AM
    I don't there there is anyone on CrackBerry who ISN'T a former BlackBerry user, is there?
    I don't have a BlackBerry.
    I've just been asked to try & sort out a problem with one / two BBs accessing the same accnt.
    I'ts proving to be more difficult than I expected. (Posted on general Discussion today - Hotmail change password).
    I'll stick with it though & I sure it will be resolved - this really is a good site for newbies & obsessives alike.....

Rgds
    Geo K.
    11-04-11 07:55 AM
181 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD