I want to take a moment to thank all of the current RIM executives, engineers, and the dozens of other job titles and people that make RIM what it is today. Yes, today: with stock sitting in the $7 range, and the media blasting their every move.

I want to thank Kevin and the Crackberry gang; while recent news hasn't been easy to swallow, we've still gotten BALANCED articles explaining what's going on and why. No, I can't imagine very many are happy about it. We see 'defectors' every day. Thanks for keeping up the great work and holding your Blackberry high.

To all the Crackberry faithful: Be patient. It's difficult to understand what happens behind the scenes. Yes, we're getting snippets of features and screenshots, but can you imagine what they're in the process of perfecting right now? I hardly think that the flow design, touch keyboard, and groovy camera are going to be merely the only highlights of this new OS. I, for one, am excited.

The bad news sucks. No other way to describe it. However, I'll repeat what RIM executives have been trying to explain, and what Crackberry has been trying to relay: we're not waiting for a new phone. We're waiting for a new platform. Stop reading headlines and stop to think about what that means. Do any of you remember holding your new, fresh Blackberry 7520 and thinking, "Wow...look at what this device DOES! Look what I can DO!" Things previous devices were unable to easily or feasibly do. I'm just using that as an example, and I'm sure some will think it's not a very strong argument. It depends what you use a Blackberry for, perhaps. Regardless, I surely cannot wait to open the box to my fresh, new BB10 device and wonder what the next few years will hold.

To all of the Blackberry bashers: I don't suppose it's ALL your fault. After all, if the media and Wall Street can't understand such a transition of platforms, I'd hardly expect most of the meandering public to comprehend. However, I will make a prediction: In three years or less, those who have gone to explore other options will have either a) come back to Blackberry entirely or b) strongly consider Blackberry as either THE leading or a leading platform for smartphones...and vehicles, governments, home automation, medical, energy and security infrastructure...to name a few. I know I'm leaving more than a few out.

My apologies for the long post, but for all of those who do: Keep on doing. Keep on driving your life, your family, your business. The long wait will soon be forgotten.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    07-04-12 09:12 AM
    I try to water down some arguments but really, why fight over a phone?

Lots of flame wars lately with trying times and people get so argumentative over it.

I have more important things to get mad at. I just stay around and keep helping people with problems.

The trying times don't affect me since I'm not on rims payroll and I'm not a share holder. I just use their phone.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-04-12 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD