Newbie here... debating about whether or not I want to sign up for the actual crackberry.com email address for myself.
    I don't know about you all, but it seems like I've always got way too many email addresses floating around so I recently disabled several email accounts.
    I'm very addicted to this site and love the support so I feel slightly compelled to have an email address associated with it... but at the same time I love that I now only have ONE personal email account and ONE work email account.
    So my question(s) to you all is... do you have a crackberry.com email address? If so do you use it? Do you like having it? OR does it just sit there collecting dust?
    ...do tell!
    03-28-08 12:43 AM
    I've been using mine everyday for over a year and give it to everybody!!

Remember, we don't "host" email - it's just a redirector. So I give everyone my @crackberry.com email address, and that forwards to my gmail account, which is what I use as my primary email application (this is what's on my bis email as well). Then I just change my Send From address to my @crackberry.com, so even though I'm a "gmail user", I really appear to be a @crackberry.com email user. So it's not that you need to disable your other accounts in order to use the @crackberry address (I still have my gmail active and can give that out to people too), but you can choose to give your @crackberry address out to people who you think will appreciate it and you just set it to go to your primary email.

As for users...just checked and we have about 4,000 people right now who have their @crackberry address activated. Whether or not they actively give the address out or not I don't know, but that's how many have it set up (for anybody reading this, just click the My Account link on the menu and you can set it up easily).

CrackBerry Email how to is here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/crac...72/#post116124
    GeoK likes this.
    03-28-08 12:57 AM
    I use it... I love it. I can easily change it if I start getting spam. I like the "crackberry.com" part... Makes me feel "special"
    03-28-08 01:16 AM
    i have my @crackberry.com redirected to my @att.blackberry.net.

then in my BIS i set my reply to address as @crackberry.com.

Basically, my @att.blackberry.net IS MY @crackberry.com address.

I love it, shows people how much i really like my Blackberry!!!
    03-28-08 01:17 AM
    Yeah I like it too, just for giving out to random people
    I think it says something about me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 02:04 AM
    I use it to.
    03-28-08 06:11 AM
    Yeap and its CB how can you go wrong really? It just adds to your awesome!

03-28-08 06:41 AM
    It's either @instantemail.t-mobile.co.uk or @CrackBerry.com. I love my CrackBerry email, it's short, memorable, shows how much I love this place and phone shop staff think it's cool/cute.

I did what Kevin did so you never see the @instantem... address.

03-28-08 06:43 AM
    I need to go back and do some redirecting for mine to work

03-28-08 06:43 AM
    i can't get my crackberry.com email account to set up in my BIS. What am i doing wrong...
    03-28-08 07:12 AM
    I do not use it
    03-28-08 07:14 AM
    I like having the crackberry.com as well. Used sometimes!!!
    03-28-08 08:07 AM
    I use it and love it. It's easy to say, easy to spell, and I got the name I wanted. You can't typically say that about most email accounts.

It's also a cool status [email protected]
    03-28-08 09:29 AM
    i can't get my crackberry.com email account to set up in my BIS. What am i doing wrong...
    How do you have it set up currently? What email address are you using to have it redirected to?
    03-28-08 09:45 AM
    Awl man!! I have been missing out. I didn't realize that was one of the perks for being a member of this great forum.

If there are others that don't know where to add it, click on the words "My Acount" at the top of the screen.
    03-28-08 10:17 AM
    I got it too! I am a newbie for just over a week. On this site all the time and have already used it. I feel proud! LOL
    03-28-08 10:36 AM
    I def. use mine, I love it. Plus, it puzzles my non-BB friends. Lol.
    03-28-08 10:49 AM
    So far there is some really good feedback here about the crackberry.com email... seems like I'm gonna have to do it! I'd still love to hear more opinions about it though - so keep them coming.
    03-28-08 02:44 PM
    Ok so I went ahead and set it up... very cool!!!

Has anyone done this and forwarded to a mac? If so please help!

I can't seem to figure out how to update my 'reply to' so that I can send as crackberry.com email. Do I do this on my actual phone or through the mac email settings?
    03-28-08 06:41 PM
    lets be honest, @crackberry.com just sounds so good
    03-28-08 09:13 PM
    Thanks Kevin, I never understood how that worked. I am really loving this website!!!!
    03-28-08 09:23 PM
    Ok so now Im gonna try it out finally.
    03-28-08 09:46 PM
    I've used mine every day since I joined CB!
    03-28-08 09:49 PM
    I use it as my personal one to give to friends and aquaintences... Ya I spelled that wrong... It's fun and unique!

03-28-08 09:52 PM
    So I just signed up for an address and I got the name that I wanted - that NEVER happens to me! Here's another reason to get one - if you forward it to your phone address and give it out and then you change carriers, you don't have to tell everyone your new address, you just have to change where it's forwarded to.
    03-28-08 10:33 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD