Wrong. There's always a couple of people whining about minor cosmetic issues on the L-series threads as well...
    I think it said "most" not "all".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    12-30-12 09:49 PM
    It just doesn't look "flagship" material. It looks like the Curve variant. Anyway, let's hope it changes in the next 31 days.
    12-30-12 10:12 PM
    Agreed. CB is becoming a hot source for RIM detractors. This should be the last place in the world that negative vibes should be originating. If you don't like it don't buy it and save the input for the next generation of models.

I hope Kevin has a few comments,
    The Op asked for comments. Not just positive ones.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    12-30-12 11:47 PM
    It just doesn't look "flagship" material. It looks like the Curve variant. Anyway, let's hope it changes in the next 31 days.
    You make this call after 3 pictures show up on the internet?
    12-31-12 12:20 AM
    You make this call after 3 pictures show up on the internet?
    Yep. Like everyone here I'm entitled to an opinion. I haven't raged on anyone who thought it was the Second Coming, btw.
    12-31-12 12:22 AM
    Yep. Like everyone here I'm entitled to an opinion. I haven't raged on anyone who thought it was the Second Coming, btw.
    Yes your intitled to your opinion, I remember threads that said the 9900 was ugly after only seeing a few pic's online. This is relitive to that IMO.
    12-31-12 12:37 AM
    Yes your intitled to your opinion, I remember threads that said the 9900 was ugly after only seeing a few pic's online. This is relitive to that IMO.
    I like the 9900 if it's any consolation.
    I'd be happier with BB10 on that.
    12-31-12 12:45 AM
    I like the 9900 if it's any consolation.
    I'd be happier with BB10 on that.
    If you like the 9900, once you physicaly hold the X10 you may like it to.
    Anyway to each their own. cheers!
    12-31-12 12:56 AM
    if you look thru the blog post that they pulled the comments from its hard to find people that DID really like it. At this point most of the comments showed dislike. I agree they could have found a couple comments that were positive but it would go against what they are talking about in the article. What they wrote falls inline with what we see in threads in the forums too. RIM still has work left for the x10 thats for sure.
    You mean they found some threads where people hated the look in some poor quality leaked photos, I can point you to plenty of threads about the l-series like that too.

As far as rim still having work to do, I think they are probably aware of that given that it isn't even being announced for a month and is probably a month or so later than that before a release.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    12-31-12 04:35 AM
    and on a poll here its nowhere close

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...vs-x10-760060/

the n4bb poll is also now 60/40 for l series
    Given how much closer to being finished the l-series is and how much work rim has put into giving a proper rim keyboard experience on a touchscreen I am not at all surprised in that ratio when the reality is that the qwerty bb10 device is somewhat of a niche model intended to cater to a specific market that do not want to go for the all-touch flagship model at this point.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    12-31-12 04:39 AM
    I saw the first blurry pics of the L before all the hardware revisions and polishing had been done and I still loved it. Now I've seen multiple different, not so blurry pics of the N series (supposedly) and I cant say the same. I really hope that is the developer edition...
    12-31-12 06:16 PM
    I was looking forward to the N-series, the straight keyboard and the UI ruined it for me.
    You know, you could also actually ... try it first ...
    12-31-12 06:59 PM
    Oh snap, we're on tv??!? Let me bust my Run-DMC pose.

FRESH...for 2K13....you suuuucccckkkkaaaaaaassssssss!

jakie55 likes this.
    12-31-12 07:27 PM
    It probably isn't final hardware. Waiting for the launch date to see exactly how its gonna look
    01-01-13 07:23 AM
    Agreed. CB is becoming a hot source for RIM detractors. This should be the last place in the world that negative vibes should be originating. If you don't like it don't buy it and save the input for the next generation of models.

I hope Kevin has a few comments,
    You don't know what you're talking about.
    This is supposedly a site for 'Blackberry users and abusers' and not ' a site for people who adore Blackberry and accept everything unquestioningly'.

People have stuck with the near obsolete old devices for years, waiting for the promised land that is BB10. of those people, a sizable proportion is more skewed to a physical keyboard. If the first series of leaks show something that they don't like, they have the right to vent.

Finally, even if this is not finished hardware, the screen size, resolution will be the same in the final version...most likely some of the UI elements will carry though. There's enough in those pictures to worry enough of the blackberry faithful.
    01-01-13 07:26 AM
    People have stuck with the near obsolete old devices for years, waiting for the promised land that is BB10. of those people, a sizable proportion is more skewed to a physical keyboard. If the first series of leaks show something that they don't like, they have the right to vent.

Finally, even if this is not finished hardware, the screen size, resolution will be the same in the final version...most likely some of the UI elements will carry though. There's enough in those pictures to worry enough of the blackberry faithful.
    Here's hoping that the legion of device leakers who are still incapable of taking proper photos of the devices they choose to leak all get run over by a bus as they cause far more trouble than they are worth as shown by the change in perception from most of the complainers as we went from crappy early pics to properly taken ones later on.

Incidentally, with all the work they have done on the vkb and it launching first, I would be very surprised if qwerty does not drop down to a data-entry heavy niche when it comes to bb10 as people opt for the larger screensize to fully take advantage of an os designed from the ground up for touch.
    01-01-13 08:38 AM
    The X10 looks fine to me. There's only so much you can do with that form factor. Would I change anything? Yes I probably would, but overall, it keeps the Blackberry aesthetic while moving forward, which is really all it's meant to do.
    01-01-13 08:41 AM
    Ok, I am the token voice of reason. Bla1ze has stated that if you like the 9900, once you have the x10 in your hands, you will love it too! Oh yee of little faith
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-01-13 09:07 AM
    I personally loved the look of the 9900 a lot and still do. I also liked how it actually felt in my hand, unlike the iPhone 4S I have now ... which is sexy looking but I hate how it feels and drop it a lot.

N series is one I need to try out though. It's a completely new UI paradigm on a familiar form factor. Need to get a handle on how the keys interact with the OS (ala 9900), how easy the gestures work on the screen. I need to get a sense of how the apps transition to that square screen. Finally, I need to make sure it doesn't have the warts of the 9900 that drove me crazy (weak battery life, no auto-focus camera) and seemed like a big step backwards from BlackBerrys before it.
    01-01-13 09:31 AM
    This is what it should have been, if I speak honestly... really was expecting a taller screen. The OS will still work but, it could have been at least 3.5 inches...

Attachment 129908
    I am new this site, having read what this is about, I believe RIM should put this phone out. ITs sexy and it would be a major hit. Might solve a lot of their issues and increase the user base.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-01-13 11:13 AM
    peopel overreacting as usual poor want everything now culture of modern times.Its a dev device still in evaluation process calm the F down people RIM will deliver.
    AMEN my friend!! The finished product is gonna make us drool.....these are just the Dev device...No phone company EVER would release a phone with that back panel...its Rim's CLASSIC deception....release a bunch of pics of dev devices and then we are all Crawling for the new device when it releases because its so amazing...AND...Rim has so much on the line with this line they are gonna Knock this one outta the park!! ;p;p;p BLACKBERRY NATION!!!
    01-01-13 12:11 PM
    Who said the keyboard phone will be the new flagship? It seems pretty clear to me that the all-touch version will be the new flagship, and the keyboard phone a more "niche" product.

Personally, I haven't seen anything that I think is a credible leak of the keyboard phone, so I'm going to wait patiently until I see something worth forming an opinion about and, for that matter, probably will do that only once I touch it (because: duh).
    jakie55 and TheScionicMan like this.
    01-01-13 01:58 PM
    I saw the first blurry pics of the L before all the hardware revisions and polishing had been done and I still loved it. Now I've seen multiple different, not so blurry pics of the N series (supposedly) and I cant say the same. I really hope that is the developer edition...
    Leaked internal marketing video containing BlackBerry 10 L & N series phones appears online... first look at BB10 w/ keyboard! | CrackBerry.com This promo video mistakenly put on Vimeo shows what looks to be the final hardware on the L series (Z10). The N 10 in the screen captures looks similar to what is seen in the blurry pics that we have seen lately -- wonder if it too, is the final hardware?
    01-01-13 02:40 PM
    very similar
    01-01-13 04:02 PM
    I mean there is only so much you can do with a keyboard type phone. If you make it to big, then they keys will be bigger which probably won't be what people are looking for.

I will hold judgement till I mess with one.

I will say I am not big on the straight keyboard, but maybe it will grow on me.

In the end for me anyway is going Down to a smaller screen from a GS3.

Time tells all.

Sent from a galaxy far away!
    01-01-13 04:32 PM
51 123