The coverage done by Crackberry of the Keyone is great. But we gotta wonder, with Kevin being a speaker at MWC, and Crackberry team going around the country with unreleased phones... don't get me wrong. I love it, but am i the only one who wonders if Crackberry is still as objective as it was ? How deep is the current connexion with Blackberry. Is Crackberry receiving funds and support from Blackberry Mobile to advertise the phone ?
    HBLEY and CrackBerry Kevin like this.
    03-27-17 09:49 AM
    Might as well. They do a better job at it.
    03-27-17 10:01 AM
    When was CrackBerry ever objective?

This been a BlackBerry fan site from its inception. For fans, by fans.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 10:21 AM
    I don't see why they shouldn't be paid by blackberry, the resources, support, and advertising they do as fans is really awesome. I can say that I've heard more news and promotion from here than the official reps

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 11:05 AM
    apparently no one has read this? Been here since the beginning pretty much.

Is Crackberry becoming Blackberry's rep office?-untitled.jpg
    03-27-17 11:10 AM
    We're already their tech support, might as well...
    03-27-17 12:09 PM
    When was CrackBerry ever objective?

This been a BlackBerry fan site from its inception. For fans, by fans.
    When I launched CrackBerry, it was biased by definition and by design. I mean, the site is dedicated to BlackBerry. We're a pro-BlackBerry type of site, even when we haven't always been happy or agreed with everything the company has done over the years (I like to think of us as the coach on the sidelines cheering on their team to win even when yelling at the players). CrackBerry definitely is not and has never claimed to be a journalist-run organization. This is a community by BlackBerry users and fans, for BlackBerry users and fans, that aims to set out to help all BlackBerry users... and we've always felt the world would be a better place if everybody used a BlackBerry so we always put a lot of effort and have a lot of fun covering the newest devices. I think we're always pretty damn objective though as we're more passionate and knowledgable about this stuff than anybody else out there writing or talking about it.

CrackBerry runs independent of BlackBerry, but over the years there have been times when we work more closely together, whether on marketing initiatives or advertising campaigns or support initiatives. If a content piece or initiative is specifically sponsored, we disclose that. Back in 2013 for example we ran the big BlackBerry-sponsored Talk Mobile campaigns, and at times you'll see advertising running on the site for BlackBerry. We've always had a good working relationship over the years.

Re: BlackBerry Mobile - we're definitely forming a good working relationship right now and I've been having a blast bringing CrackBerry Kevin out of retirement and covering the launch of the KEYone. They sponsored our CrackBerry Meetup in Barcelona and we came in under budget so have been using the remaining budget to take the meetups on the road. If/when that turns into a more deep marketing/support relationship, we'll disclose that.

Thanks for the ongoing support!
    03-27-17 03:20 PM
    03-27-17 03:25 PM
    Might as well. They do a better job at it.
    Hahaha, very true
    03-27-17 06:01 PM
    When I launched CrackBerry, it was biased by definition and by design. I mean, the site is dedicated to BlackBerry. We're a pro-BlackBerry type of site, even when we haven't always been happy or agreed with everything the company has done over the years (I like to think of us as the coach on the sidelines cheering on their team to win even when yelling at the players). CrackBerry definitely is not and has never claimed to be a journalist-run organization. This is a community by BlackBerry users and fans, for BlackBerry users and fans, that aims to set out to help all BlackBerry users... and we've always felt the world would be a better place if everybody used a BlackBerry so we always put a lot of effort and have a lot of fun covering the newest devices. I think we're always pretty damn objective though as we're more passionate and knowledgable about this stuff than anybody else out there writing or talking about it.

CrackBerry runs independent of BlackBerry, but over the years there have been times when we work more closely together, whether on marketing initiatives or advertising campaigns or support initiatives. If a content piece or initiative is specifically sponsored, we disclose that. Back in 2013 for example we ran the big BlackBerry-sponsored Talk Mobile campaigns, and at times you'll see advertising running on the site for BlackBerry. We've always had a good working relationship over the years.

Re: BlackBerry Mobile - we're definitely forming a good working relationship right now and I've been having a blast bringing CrackBerry Kevin out of retirement and covering the launch of the KEYone. They sponsored our CrackBerry Meetup in Barcelona and we came in under budget so have been using the remaining budget to take the meetups on the road. If/when that turns into a more deep marketing/support relationship, we'll disclose that.

Thanks for the ongoing support!
    Thanks a lot for the clarification !!! I just felt like something was happening behind the scenes.

Even if i love the current mood, strong coverage etc. I suppose we will not get any more the crazy reviews from Kevin of unreleased phones thanks to his negotiation skills , like it happened in the past.
    03-27-17 06:08 PM
    LOL.

Yeah... ya know... I'm married now. A little too old and wise now to do hand offs at the airport with bags of cash.
    BigBadWulf and Praganad like this.
    03-27-17 07:08 PM
    LOL.

Yeah... ya know... I'm married now. A little too old and wise now to do hand offs at the airport with bags of cash.
    I can help with that, except the cash part, my bank account usually says negative something or another. :P
    03-27-17 07:23 PM
    I agree! at least they are doing the job better
    03-28-17 07:42 AM
    We're already their tech support, might as well...
    Lol if only we had more say years ago !
    03-28-17 09:05 PM
    I would think the partnership would be more with TCL than Blackberry at this point.
    03-29-17 05:04 AM
    Crackberry has to cooperate with BlackBerry or TCL.
    Even when they are getting money from one or another.

via Q10
    03-29-17 05:14 AM
    Crackberry has to cooperate with BlackBerry or TCL.
    Even when they are getting money from one or another.

via Q10
    I would say they choose to as CBK has already described.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 06:01 AM
    Maybe if they let people from/at CrackBerry handle the promo campaign for Priv, it might sell a bit more (?)

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 11:49 AM