Dears!
    Since BBM & BBMvoice are no longer excluded on BlackBerry devices since the BB10 started and where we all see the tough times our dear company is passing through knowing that the company needs to have something new and again exclusive to its BlackBerry devices, I thought the company should insert a new feature to it's blackberries in the new BB10.3 and I called it the Blackberry Talk " BBT".
    It's on the calling app where you can choose to call ONLY other blackberry devices for free by just pressing on the menu bar on the right to find calling options and hit BBT this person, it's something like the facetime on Iphones where you can use this option only with Iphone user which is I believe is a great thing in the apple devices.

You may say we have the BBM voice, yes but I say it's different when you use it as a normal phone call without having to go to BBM app, and it will bring something new to the devices and most important EXLUSIVE to BlackBerry devices AGAIN! Mostly all phone can use the bbm voice now, in my opinion that's good but it's making us miss the spirit that we all use to be proud of in using BlackBerry devices.
    BlackBerry needs to have something exclusive and made only for BlackBerry devices again
    Let me know what you think
    Thanks
    Ussama

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 01:28 PM
    It would be an "exclusive" feature..... if it only worked with other BlackBerries. So exclusive, I'm not sure many of us would be able to use it.

What we need is native Instagram that works with the HUB, a separate BlackBerry/Google Play App that allows all Android Apps to be installed and will work. Maybe an exclusive feature like 4 Days of battery life, or something like Microsoft Office - not exclusive, but a major REQUIREMENT if you want to be THE device of Enterprise. How about a cool feature that allow everything to be saved to the SD card - want to change from your Z10 to your Q10, just pop out the SD card and everything is set - accounts, settings, apps, documents.... it could all be encrypted for security. But it would allow people that have multiple BlackBerries to swap them out like changing a watch.
    04-17-14 01:44 PM
    That's the idea.. only BlackBerry devices lol

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 01:48 PM
    I believe that's completely opposite of the direction the company is heading... considering all of their latest moves ( bbm for ios and Android - the android runtime)
    BlackBerry is in a stage where they are still trying to "blend in" and having a feature that's typically the same as everyone else isn't really the best way to stand out from that blend...

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    04-17-14 01:51 PM
    You are right but the company will still support blending in with other OSes but I thinking about something that would should be kept only for BlackBerry devices, facetime is only for Iphones but the company is huge and their sales are still the best.. I belie what made BlackBerry stood all this time is the special character that it's devices have.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 01:56 PM
    Would this use data? Then why not use BBM Voice?

Would this go over the carrier networks? Why should the carriers allow this? How would BlackBerry make sure carriers don't forbid it?

I think this is a poor idea tbh.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 02:24 PM
    Dears!
    Since BBM & BBMvoice are no longer excluded on BlackBerry devices since the BB10 started and where we all see the tough times our dear company is passing through knowing that the company needs to have something new and again exclusive to its BlackBerry devices, I thought the company should insert a new feature to it's blackberries in the new BB10.3 and I called it the Blackberry Talk " BBT".
    It's on the calling app where you can choose to call ONLY other blackberry devices for free by just pressing on the menu bar on the right to find calling options and hit BBT this person, it's something like the facetime on Iphones where you can use this option only with Iphone user which is I believe is a great thing in the apple devices.

You may say we have the BBM voice, yes but I say it's different when you use it as a normal phone call without having to go to BBM app, and it will bring something new to the devices and most important EXLUSIVE to BlackBerry devices AGAIN! Mostly all phone can use the bbm voice now, in my opinion that's good but it's making us miss the spirit that we all use to be proud of in using BlackBerry devices.
    BlackBerry needs to have something exclusive and made only for BlackBerry devices again
    Let me know what you think
    Thanks
    Ussama

Posted via CB10
    I see no benefit of reducing BBM voice for this. There is no value.

To me, I rarely use BBM voice because I have 400 national minutes and I use less than 50 a month. So having a third option to call only blackberries is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 03:24 PM
    I'm sorry my words must have cheated on me, I'm not a tech guy like you guys
    If you have understood my words I meant, yes it uses data but I mention the facetime example which uses date as well but it looks as a normal call and you use it from the calling menu and you don't have to go out of the calling app and it's only for iPhone users..

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:13 PM
    I'm sorry my words must have cheated on me, I'm not a tech guy like you guys
    If you have understood my words I meant, yes it uses data but I mention the facetime example which uses date as well but it looks as a normal call and you use it from the calling menu and you don't have to go out of the calling app and it's only for iPhone users..

Posted via CB10
    Facetime worked for apple because they were already big when they deployed it, and nearly everyone had an iPhone so it was good...
    The same way bbm was before since 2006 till last year, no one complained that it's only available for BlackBerry, simply because EVERYONE had a BlackBerry back then

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    04-17-14 05:25 PM