I just found the forum the other day, and I must say that there a mountain of great info here, and I've used a few "fixes" already. My questions are as follows,

1. When I add a custom ringtone for a contact in the address book, should that ringtone be used when they send an email or just when they call? I have an email address and phone number listed.

2. My BB is being run through BES, would it matter if I upgraded my OS{currently 4.5.0.77(101)} on my own, even if the rest of the users haven't upgraded yet?

3. When I have a 2GB SD card installed on my BB and try to connect to desktop manager, it connects for a few seconds and then disconnects without any explanation. When I take the card out and put in the computer it's recognized right away and I can transfer data with no problems. Any ideas as to why that would be?

Thanks
    09-28-09 10:07 PM
    1.) not sure, i would think not.

2.) DO NOT EVEN TOUCH YOUR OS WHEN ON BES. thats something for your BES admin to do and you will screw your phone up. not to mention its probably against your terms of employment to mess with the phone. you could get in trouble for it and the BES admin will have to reconfigure it again for you.

3.) is the media card formatted? new?
    09-28-09 10:20 PM
    with the newer OS's, it does allow you to set ringtones for a contact, and you can set a ringer for msgs you get from them as well.

You actually have to manually set it though; its not something that just automatically sets if you choose a ringer id for that contact.

That said...do not mess with your software. You're on BES, so that can easily screw with your employment.
    09-28-09 10:43 PM
    1) a custom ringtone for contact will only apply when that person is calling. You can set one up for email but it is the same across the board. Not contact specific.

2) although it will not affect the other users...an OS upgrade on a BES account should only be done your IT/IS department. Period.

3) it sounds to me like the SD card needs to be formatted. Try switching mass media storage and see if that helps. You need to have that turned off while connected to PC but should get prompt.

Hope these answers help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 10:45 PM
    Thanks for you help everyone. I will try and re-format the SD card and/or switching mass media storage.
    09-28-09 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD