i noticed when i get on the internet and try to view some videos sometimes it asks me if i want to save or open. i usually just hit open to watch the video. but sometimes it doesnt even give me that option and the video just starts up. whats up with that? my second question is, how can i get my music from my computer to my bb? i have a few songs downloaded on frostwire that i want to try to get on my phone but idk if its possible or not, i do know that my phone came with some kind of cord i can plug into my computer and phone so would that be the way? and my last question, under downloads there is a mobil banking..i was trying to get my bank pulled up cuz i thought it would be cool be able to check my account from my phone so i had to search my bank and i found it but it didnt work, what do i need to do?
    Last edited by galbreath327; 12-20-10 at 06:54 PM.
    12-20-10 06:44 PM
    Regarding the video, I believe it depends on the format... however selecting "Open" to watch the video (or listen to Audio) is also what I do!

Yes, you'll need to download and install Blackberry Desktop Manager and connect your Bold to the computer with the provided USB cable...
    Then you'll have the option to copy video and music, as well as syncing your contacts and calendar with the device....
    another alternative would be to use memory card and reader to transfer music to your device (But I guess the Blackberry Desktop Software is a better solution...)
    12-20-10 07:01 PM
    what would happen if i hit save? i imagine it would save to my phone but would it charge me?
    and the blackberry desktop manager, where do i go to download it and would it charge?
    12-20-10 07:08 PM
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software

Easier than using Desktop Manager to copy music, videos, pictures is to simply
    drag and drop them from your PC to your phone (assuming you have a memory card)

Saving videos will not incur additional charges unless you exceed your dataplan
    limit, of which you haven't stated. Desktop Manager will not incur additional
    charges as you really should download that via your computer.
    12-20-10 07:19 PM
    You'll get the software from RIM for free on blackberry.com (no charge!)
    visit the site on your computer and select Apps & Software

Actually there is no difference between Open and Save, if your provider charge you for data traffic, you will be charged no matter which option you choose!

(also most likely what would happen when you click on save is that you are saving a link to the file on your device and not actually getting the file… then again I could be wrong about this one!)
    12-20-10 07:23 PM
    wow this makes me feel really dumb. i have so much to learn about this darn thing.
    12-20-10 07:30 PM
    (also most likely what would happen when you click on save is that you are saving a link to the file on your device and not actually getting the file� then again I could be wrong about this one!)
    You are very wrong. Save will do exactly that. It will SAVE the FILE to the
    device. What you are suggesting is bookmarking.
    12-20-10 07:34 PM
    wow this makes me feel really dumb. i have so much to learn about this darn thing.
    Don't feel dumb We ALL started exactly where you are.

Start here. The Lecture 101 Series is indispensable.
    BlackBerry Help | CrackBerry.com
    12-20-10 07:37 PM
    i think my data plan is unlimited not too sure though. im very new to the bb. thanks yall.
    12-20-10 07:38 PM
    nothing to feel dumb about!

I bet you'll figure it all out, very soon and start enjoying your device
    12-20-10 07:38 PM
    You are very wrong. Save will do exactly that. It will SAVE the FILE to the
    device. What you are suggesting is bookmarking.
    Great! Thank you for correcting me

now, what would happen if you select Save for a streaming Audio (Say Live Radio) would it save the entire broadcast?
    12-20-10 07:45 PM
    I don't think there is a native facility for saving a stream.
    12-20-10 07:50 PM
    so about the data plan. i looked at my vzw account and it said unlimited so i can watch all the videos i want then? and even save the video when it ask. for no charge?
    12-20-10 07:53 PM
    if it says unlimited "Data" plan, I guess you can watch as many video as you want (or save them!)

However, I don't know much about vzw accounts, just make sure the unlimited is not only for specific sites (e.g. social media sites, etc.)
    Last edited by Cineza; 12-20-10 at 07:59 PM.
    12-20-10 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD