I bit the bullet today and ordered the new Samsung s21 Ultra. If new BlackBerry comes out this year and I'm not completely satisfied with the Samsung, I would love to make another run with BlackBerry. My Priv is giving me all it has, but like a good old dog, it's sad to watch it's last days right before my eyes.
    Neely2005 likes this.
    01-23-21 09:57 PM
    I bit the bullet today and ordered the new Samsung s21 Ultra. If new BlackBerry comes out this year and I'm not completely satisfied with the Samsung, I would love to make another run with BlackBerry. My Priv is giving me all it has, but like a good old dog, it's sad to watch it's last days right before my eyes.
    Congratulations and good luck with that new device. If millions of people are satisfied, I’m sure you will be too.
    01-23-21 10:59 PM
    I'm hanging in for a few more months yet.

But may join you if no delivery by mid year. Still enjoying my PKB!
    01-24-21 12:32 AM
    I feel you. My key2 le stopped reliably charging, so I needed to buy something new. I went with the pixel 4a to tide me over, but I've enjoyed using itnso far. I downloaded bbm enterprise and the hub+ suite, so I still have familiar software to use. The keyboard was the toughest thing to replace, but using cobalt's software package, I was able ro stay true to blackberry.
    01-24-21 02:10 PM
    I feel you. My key2 le stopped reliably charging, so I needed to buy something new. I went with the pixel 4a to tide me over, but I've enjoyed using itnso far. I downloaded bbm enterprise and the hub+ suite, so I still have familiar software to use. The keyboard was the toughest thing to replace, but using cobalt's software package, I was able ro stay true to blackberry.
    Does it charge but takes about 5-10 seconds to recognize the charger?

If yes, I had an LE like that about two years ago, worked enough to be serviceable though a bit worrying at first.

Still, this is why it's good to have wireless charging.
    01-24-21 02:40 PM
    Going from a Priv to an S21 is quite the jump in technology. Other than the keyboard, I'm sure that you'll be more than satisfied. I'm still on an S10+ and am having a hard time justifying upgrading. The S10+ is still so good.
    01-24-21 06:55 PM
    Going from a Priv to an S21 is quite the jump in technology. Other than the keyboard, I'm sure that you'll be more than satisfied. I'm still on an S10+ and am having a hard time justifying upgrading. The S10+ is still so good.
    If you have an S10+ don't even bother with the new S21's.

You have the last of them that had the headphone jack and expandable storage.
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    01-24-21 07:31 PM
    s10+ is my wife's phone and she love's it, pushed towards the new s21+ because of it.
    01-25-21 11:46 PM
    Congratulations, I am sure that you will love it!
    Buy also the S Pen, it's really very useful!
    01-26-21 07:49 PM
    Gave up my Q10 earlier this week for the Google Pixel 5. It was a fun 5 1/2 to 6 year ride with my BB phone but it was time to move on. I couldn't wait any longer for BB to announce there 2021 phone it was time to move on. The pixel 5 honestly feels like BB10 and WP10 had a baby and is up to date. The Q10 honestly was my first and only BB phone. Before that I had came over from Nokia.
    pdr733 and Neely2005 like this.
    01-29-21 12:51 AM
    I had to downgrade to a iPhone SE from my 12 Pro because of the latest warning from Apple that the magnets in the 12 series devices can affect ICD implants and I am in that category.

As much as loved the 12 Pro, the risk factor far outweighs anything else. Just upsets me that they find this out three months after the product is released. Oh well, life rolls on.
    01-29-21 09:19 PM
    I had to downgrade to a iPhone SE from my 12 Pro because of the latest warning from Apple that the magnets in the 12 series devices can affect ICD implants and I am in that category.

As much as loved the 12 Pro, the risk factor far outweighs anything else. Just upsets me that they find this out three months after the product is released. Oh well, life rolls on.
    Wouldn't you have been better of with an iPhone 11 Pro instead of the little SE?
    01-29-21 09:23 PM
    Wouldn't you have been better of with an iPhone 11 Pro instead of the little SE?
    I did think about that, but after having 5G for a couple of months, I can live with the SE2 until they came come up with a solution.
    01-30-21 07:41 AM
    Currently running an S10+ that I bought after I figured I just couldn't use BB10 as a daily driver anymore. Samsung's move to more BB-like swipes and gestures, more so on their 'flagship' devices, made it a very comfortable switch. And this may be heresy, but I actually prefer their stock VKB than BB's current iteration
    01-30-21 09:43 AM

Yep, Samsung has to reintroduce both those functions before I can will even consider moving on from my S10+
    01-30-21 09:46 AM

Although Bluetooth aptX HD, LDAC, and AAC are so good now (beyond CD quality), that fumbling with wires is no longer necessary.
    pdr733 likes this.
    01-30-21 09:51 AM
    Although Bluetooth aptX HD, LDAC, and AAC are so good now (beyond CD quality), that fumbling with wires is no longer necessary.
    I work in the music industry on the publishing side and most of my on device files are direct from master 24.96 via FLAC @ 4,608 kbps and I find that BT just can't keep up. Has to be wired for me. Admittedly most people will be running 1,411 kbps at a max and probably 320 kbps as an average and that I'm somewhat unique but it definitely has to be a consideration in any device purchase
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 01-30-21 at 10:22 AM.
    01-30-21 10:03 AM
    I was all set to purchase the Sony Xperia 1 II when it was released. At about the same time, Blackberry announced the partnership with OnwardMobility. I have been using a Blackberry for 14 years now and will hold out for the new phone this year. Hopefully, we don't get burned with another sub-quality build like the TCL phones.
    01-30-21 10:34 AM
    I work in the music industry on the publishing side and most of my on device files are direct from master 24.96 via FLAC @ 4,608 kbps and I find that BT just can't keep up. Has to be wired for me. Admittedly most people will be running 1,411 kbps at a max and probably 320 kbps as an average and that I'm somewhat unique but it definitely has to be a consideration in any device purchase
    Yes. There are always edge cases.

But my thought was that anyone wanting to go beyond LDAC (990kbps, translating to a sample rate of 96kHz and a bit depth of 24), would want to use the direct digital out of the USB port anyway.
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    01-30-21 10:35 AM
    I was all set to purchase the Sony Xperia 1 II when it was released. At about the same time, Blackberry announced the partnership with OnwardMobility. I have been using a Blackberry for 14 years now and will hold out for the new phone this year. Hopefully, we don't get burned with another sub-quality build like the TCL phones.
    My BlackBerry Mobile devices overall quality seemed much better than many of my BlackBerry Limited devices. Either way, I don’t expect any issues since OM is using a reputable contractor with FIH or so it seems.
    01-30-21 11:05 AM
    Yes. There are always edge cases.

But my thought was that anyone wanting to go beyond LDAC (990kbps, translating to a sample rate of 96kHz and a bit depth of 24), would want to use the direct digital out of the USB port anyway.
    True, but I use a headset amp and I've yet to find a decent one with USB, jack only
    01-30-21 02:34 PM