70% of the population is 18 or over; 35m*70% = 24.5m; I think ~5m would be an amazing outcome
    02-09-13 02:37 AM
    I think we could easily reach 8% here in the UK too. Which would mean another 5.8m.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 05:02 AM
    No mention of Q10 or others but.....
    Roughly 8 per cent of Canadians are �almost certain� to buy one of Research In Motion Ltd.�s new BlackBerry Z10 smartphones, according to a new poll suggesting the company could sell as many as 2.6 million of the devices in Canada over the next year.

Forum Research Inc. conducted the poll on Feb. 6, a day after RIM launched the new smartphone in Canada with an advertising blitz. Thorsten Heins, RIM�s CEO, also made multiple media appearances in Toronto, where many investors, wireless industry executives and others have followed the company�s fall from grace and recent momentum with great interest.

The firm asked 1,091 people in Canada, aged 18 or older, whether they would buy a BlackBerry 10 phone. About 8 per cent said they were �almost certain� to buy one of the devices, while 19 per cent said they are �very likely� to buy one, according to the poll, which led Forum Research to suggest RIM may sell anywhere from 1.2 million to 2.6 million devices.

For the complete article:

Could RIM sell 2.6 million Z10s in Canada over next year? - The Globe and Mail
    LOL wait until they walk into a Bell store with those intentions.

Customer: "What do you mean I can't use my Android / iPhone smartphone data plan?? I have to pay how much more and give up my current plan!? I don't think so. Which way is the iPhone 5 stand?"
    02-09-13 12:27 PM
    LOL wait until they walk into a Bell store with those intentions.

Customer: "What do you mean I can't use my Android / iPhone smartphone data plan?? I have to pay how much more and give up my current plan!? I don't think so. Which way is the iPhone 5 stand?"
    They CAN use their existing android / iphone / legacy plan, no need for a specific bb plan any more. Plus people are negotiated very advantageous buyouts of existing contracts to get Z10's sooner.
    02-09-13 12:42 PM
    They CAN use their existing android / iphone / legacy plan, no need for a specific bb plan any more.
    Not so fast...
    Plus people are negotiated very advantageous buyouts of existing contracts to get Z10's sooner
    Not many. Most people are being told to suck on it by the carriers.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-09-13 12:47 PM
    They better or else. Jk. But it would be cool if they did. Would be smashing!
    02-09-13 03:29 PM
    It will be nice to see them do that. My wife and I will be doing our part by buying 2 next month.

James
    melb_me likes this.
    02-09-13 04:23 PM
    The Stats I was reading that there were 3,200,000 BB smartphones in Canada as of the Fall of 2012. (27% of 54% of 22 mill cell phones) Therefore it seems to me that sales of 1,000,000 in 2013 including new converts would be fantastic ... but I expect the number to be closer to 650,000. A lot of BB owners are not into Super smartphones or they would have opted for an android or Iphones during this long dry spell after the BB9900 was introduced. I see a lot of BB users keeping with their devices until they or their phone dies.

The other issue is the % of BB's owned by govt and business. I would estimate 1/3 of the BB's in Canada are used by govt / big business EE's. These users might take a wait and see attitude and replace any broken phones with the 9900 or Curve model for 2013. Anyway I see it BB will certainly outsell W8 phones in Canada but not Iphones or Androids.

The above is just pure speculation.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 02-09-13 at 08:51 PM.
    Sqoon likes this.
    02-09-13 07:52 PM
    The Stats I was reading that there were 3,200,000 BB smartphones in Canada as of the Fall of 2012. (27% of 54% of 22 mill cell phones) Therefore it seems to me that sales of 1,000,000 in 2013 including new converts would be fantastic ... but I expect the number to be closer to 650,000. A lot of BB owners are not into Super smartphones or they would have opted for an android or Iphones during this long dry spell after the BB9900 was introduced. I see a lot of BB users keeping with their devices until they or their phone dies.

The other issue is the % of BB's owned by govt and business. I would estimate 1/3 of the BB's in Canada are used by govt / big business EE's. These users might take a wait and see attitude and replace any broken phones with the 9900 or Curve model for 2013. Anyway I see it BB will certainly outsell W8 phones in Canada but not Iphones or Androids.

The above is just pure speculation.
    Previous BBs werent very durable, except for BB9700
    02-10-13 05:35 AM
    They CAN use their existing android / iphone / legacy plan, no need for a specific bb plan any more. Plus people are negotiated very advantageous buyouts of existing contracts to get Z10's sooner.
    This is true, my family was able to get great deals even though most of our contracts are not up for almost a year.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 10:49 AM
    BlackBerry reported that last quarter they shipped 7 million phones. BlackBerry also reported that Canada represented 6% of BlackBerry sales that same quarter.

So...BlackBerry 'sold' 420,000, very dated, phones last quarter. I could envision a scenario where one million BB10 devices are sold within the next twelve months. Possibly more.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-10-13 11:35 AM
    Whats Blackberry's own guidance?
    02-14-13 03:47 AM
    BlackBerry reported that last quarter they shipped 7 million phones. BlackBerry also reported that Canada represented 6% of BlackBerry sales that same quarter.

So...BlackBerry 'sold' 420,000, very dated, phones last quarter. I could envision a scenario where one million BB10 devices are sold within the next twelve months. Possibly more.
    I couldn't find the link to the 6% so I would be really interested to see that. LOL I sort of thought I was the last person to buy a BB LY. I thought the vast majority of the sales were coming from emerging markets. If we assume that 400,000 BB7 units are sold and 800000 BB10's are sold I can see over a million. Good find.
    02-14-13 03:56 PM
    Whats Blackberry's own guidance?
    BlackBerry announced last year that RIM/BB would not be providing guidance for the foreseeable future. I think that announcement was made last summer. Mr. Heins did say that the coming quarters would be "challenging" until new devices came to the market.
    02-15-13 09:44 AM
39 12