Could have the luxury of a big screen on one side and a keyboard for messaging on the backside
    10-25-21 08:17 PM
    Could have the luxury of a big screen on one side and a keyboard for messaging on the backside
    If some OEM somewhere decides the potential market is worth the 10s (or 100s) of millions of dollars to develop, manufacture, distribute, and support it, sure.

But the last decade of data says it's a disastrous investment.
    10-25-21 08:54 PM
    If some OEM somewhere decides the potential market is worth the 10s (or 100s) of millions of dollars to develop, manufacture, distribute, and support it, sure.

But the last decade of data says it's a disastrous investment.
    As much as I'd love to see something like a Z Fold 3 with a PKB below the outer screen (which would give said screen a more normal aspect ratio) I have to agree that this will simply never happen, as foldables are already too risky as-is, for the time being.

I only have hope for more kickstarters and add-on cases, even OM I consider fully dead at this point, in terms of bringing a device out to market.
    10-25-21 09:12 PM
    BlackBerry Style has entered the chat.
    Laura Knotek and Ray III like this.
    10-25-21 09:18 PM
    Also it just hit me where I’ve seen this idea before:

It just hit me what the obvious answer is, make a dual screen device with the second screen half the size and have a PKB. The front is whichever side user sets as default, and it could be 9mm thick or the size of that Energizer monstrosity. Problem solved, I take PayPal, Apple Cash, and Google Wallet.

edit: I’m also licensing “Business in front, party in the back”
    Although my idea has no folding component, it’s just a solid brick with dual faces.
    Laura Knotek and dmlis like this.
    10-25-21 09:22 PM
    Also it just hit me where I’ve seen this idea before:

Although my idea has no folding component, it’s just a solid brick with dual faces.
    Full screen on one side and smaller screen with PKB on the other side seems quite a bit more useful than a watch slapped onto the back of a phone. Unless that watch is easily detachable from its phone-mounted-charging-base, which we know Unihertz isn't gonna provide lol.
    11-22-21 11:13 PM
    I certainly have a lot of interest in folding phones. The problem with the current options are that almost none of them fit in your pocket like a classic BlackBerry.
    01-06-22 09:01 AM
    i thought the rollable OLED would make for a decent pkb device. but I'm a dreamer.
    01-06-22 01:07 PM
    I have my doubts about this, especially with OEMs all chasing larger screens for a more “immersive” experience.

Would be great to see though, maybe the guys at UniHertz and FX Technology will figure something out though and bring it to market.
    01-06-22 01:27 PM