View Poll Results: Is it possible for BlackBerry to make the slider sexy again?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes we can!

46 79.31%
  • No we cannot!

12 20.69%
    Title says it all. That is what this poll is all about.
    Please leave your thoughts here and vote for the poll

Every opinion is appreciated.

I had a Torch 9810 as my first BBRY, it wasn't really sexy but functional

And I want to know if the CB nation thinks that BBRY could add some sexiness back into the functionality of a Slider.

http://crackberry.com/latest-patent-...erry-10-slider
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 04-26-13 at 05:41 PM.
    04-26-13 05:13 PM
    Doesn't the word "again" imply that the slider was sexy at one point? I've always found then dead ugly, with the exception of the Pre which I'd classify as "cute" but not sexy
    filmgirl likes this.
    04-26-13 05:29 PM
    Doesn't the word "again" imply that the slider was sexy at one point? I've always found then dead ugly, with the exception of the Pre which I'd classify as "cute" but not sexy
    I mean those times:

They were everywhere and considered very fashionable once.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 04-28-13 at 08:39 AM.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    04-26-13 05:31 PM
    But they somehow never evolved past:

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 04-28-13 at 08:40 AM.
    04-26-13 05:32 PM
    Aren't sliders the most delicate type of phone?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-26-13 05:33 PM
    Yes! Yes I do! I love my Z10 but I miss those precious keys from my 9930.

If BlackBerry made a sexy little bitchh of a slider... I'd be all over it.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and _MissV_ like this.
    04-26-13 05:33 PM
    Aren't sliders the most delicate type of phone?
    Twist em like an Oreo
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-26-13 05:34 PM
    Twist em like an Oreo
    Is it understandable why I used the word again?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 05:50 PM
    Is it understandable why I used the word again?

Posted via CB10
    No, I don't think sliders were ever sexy. But to each their own.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-26-13 05:55 PM
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would definitely absolutely completely and without any reservation get a BB10 slider!!!!!!!!! I loved my 9810 but the keyboard on the 9900 trumped it.

That image of the BB10 slider that seems to have the Q10 keyboard is perfect perfect perfect and I would walk away with one.
    04-26-13 06:06 PM
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would definitely absolutely completely and without any reservation get a BB10 slider!!!!!!!!! I loved my 9810 but the keyboard on the 9900 trumped it.

That image of the BB10 slider that seems to have the Q10 keyboard is perfect perfect perfect and I would walk away with one.
    If one manufacturer could make the perfect slider, then I think it is BBRY.
    The perfect slider wasn't invented till now.
    Personally I think BBRY would have a nice niche with a good slider.
    The 9810 just wasn't the most appealing of devices out there. As wasn't the T Mobile MDA 3.

A slider with a 4 inch+ screen, and the big keyboard of the Bold would be a perfect business device, that merges both sides of their "Balance" feature.
    (I see a marketing campaign )

But it must have the "Perfect" design, because since the OG Droid, sliders aren't really selling well.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 06:31 PM
    If one manufacturer could make the perfect slider, then I think it is BBRY.
    The perfect slider wasn't invented till now.
    Personally I think BBRY would have a nice niche with a good slider.
    The 9810 just wasn't the most appealing of devices out there. As wasn't the T Mobile MDA 3.

A slider with a 4 inch+ screen, and the big keyboard of the Bold would be a perfect business device, that merges both sides of their "Balance" feature.
    (I see a marketing campaign )

But it must have the "Perfect" design, because since the OG Droid, sliders aren't really selling well.

Posted via CB10
    Perfect business device....shoot....not business about me (yet) and I'd pay full retail for a BB10 slider in a heartbeat lol.

My only 2 requests are that the actually make the device visually appealing (the 9800,9810) grew on my over time but are still no where near Sexy imo) and give it a identical 9900 or even Q10 keyboard. If we gotta wait another year for a slider, please make it worth it. A true best of both worlds phone would make this appealing for plenty of people
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-26-13 07:18 PM
    Perfect business device....shoot....not business about me (yet) and I'd pay full retail for a BB10 slider in a heartbeat lol.

My only 2 requests are that the actually make the device visually appealing (the 9800,9810) grew on my over time but are still no where near Sexy imo) and give it a identical 9900 or even Q10 keyboard. If we gotta wait another year for a slider, please make it worth it. A true best of both worlds phone would make this appealing for plenty of people
    I hope they do it .
    But I also want to know what the CB community thinks. I hope the poll gains a nice number of voters

Of course the slider should also be for consumers!
    When I think about businesses I think about the BYOD trend, and that a corporation is made out of consumers.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 07:26 PM
    I don't see why not. It's not as if the Torch 9800/9810 were considered unattractive was it? They are pretty sleek looking phones. The only problem a slider form factor faces is that they are a bit thicker than what most people want their phones to be in this age of super thin phones. But BB has done a good job with with the first two BB10 devices so I'm sure they can release a nice slider if they want to.
    04-26-13 07:30 PM
    I don't see why not. It's not as if the Torch 9800/9810 were considered unattractive was it? They are pretty sleek looking phones. The only problem a slider form factor faces is that they are a bit thicker than what most people want their phones to be in this age of super thin phones. But BB has done a good job with with the first two BB10 devices so I'm sure they can release a nice slider if they want to.
    I am not sure about the 9810.
    In my long history of phones, about 20 handsets... There is only one I can consider uglier than the 9810. I loved my Torch though.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 04-28-13 at 08:41 AM.
    04-26-13 07:40 PM
    If it looks like this it would be amazing

Could BlackBerry make the slider sexy again?-blackberry-blade-concept.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 09:21 PM
    No, I don't think sliders were ever sexy. But to each their own.
    Well, then you clearly missed out. I think fondly of my old Sidekick and the girls I had mad, passionate text with on it.

Sigh...

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-26-13 09:24 PM
    Are you kidding?!? Let's just say that neither Fat *******, James Bond (Sean Connery) AND Justin Timberlake TOGETHER couldn't "bring sexy back" any better than what I think & hope BBRY will do with a 'BB10' slider-phone!

While "sexy" IS in the eye of the beholder, there's NO WAY the first slider family was "delicate." Poorly spec'd & hamstrung by a poo,r O/S - "yes," but there's NO denying that the Torch ('our' 9800 & 9810) are/were tougher than Chuck Norris at a testosterone party.
    Mine's been dropped several times on EVERY type of hard surface, incl. hardwood, granite, skating rink ice, pavement and concrete/paver stone; sometimes from standing, other times it just slid off a hand-full of papers in-transit from kitchen (tile) to sofa (hardwood), or got swept off the table by a server in a diner (cement) ... it doesn't matter, the impact is tough on any device.
    <I also recognize that other users' experiences may/will differ from mine/ours).

And, NO otter box or out-of-holser protection in this house ... yet, the ONLY damage is to the plated finish and some scratches on the battery cover. Not even a cracked housing or damaged glass. Someone else I know even threw his at the wall repeatedly (bad break-up) ... and it still worked!!

Also couldn't possibly beat the combo of features: FULL-SIZE TOuch screen that was only just a hair (fine: about 3/16") smaller than iPhonePLUS a full-size qwerty keyboard. PLUS a micro-SD card to dump music, pictures, video & more on, and bluetooth, and "industry-standard" USB connectivity. What's missing?

Functionality. Toughness. Features: ALL of it 100% sexy!

Extra weight of my Torch is actually a tactile confirmation of build quality; a lighter phone actually feels cheap & flimsy to 'me." So, I TOTALLY love mine and, while I feel the visual design could have offered a little more 'manly features' (speak: angles/corners) it's also not a 'fail' by any measure.
    So, there's more to "sexy" than just the shell, but 'sexy' must be earned on the whole package. A cool shell that delivers nothing special won't win any contests here, meaning: the 'design-suggestion' profiled on CB a few months ago PLUS BB10 -combo have my heart beating faster.

Just add the Q10 keyboard as a slider to the Z10 and I'm good to go. It just couldn't get any sexier than that without involving a human partner to break various indecency laws, social taboos or marital vows.

Cheers & Keep Moving!!
    04-26-13 11:55 PM
    If it looks like this it would be amazing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blackberry-Blade-Concept.jpg 
Views:	1037 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	155451

Posted via CB10
    I loved that design.
    But some people were really vocal about the impossibility to really manufacture it. And we must forget the row of buttons with the trackpad.

But if BBRY comes out with something similar; that could be considered sexy

Edit: the problem with sliders, at least IMHO, was always that they didn't offer the best of both worlds, because they compromised on too many fronts and ends.

Posted via CB10
    Acumenight likes this.
    04-27-13 06:51 AM
    The Slider and the option back on email to delete on the device only would keep me forever
    04-27-13 07:08 AM
    My daughter is holding on tight to her Torch in hopes of a BB10 slider.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 07:21 AM
    My daughter is holding on tight to her Torch in hopes of a BB10 slider.

Posted via CB10
    I couldn't wait any longer after having bought my 9810 at launch, so I switched to a Z10.

But a nice slider would be bought instantly.

I need more votes!!!
    Maybe someone from BBRY will read it

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 07:37 AM
    It's always hard to satisfy everyone's taste buds

Having a slider would definitely add some bulkiness and weights to the phone like the Torch and the keyboard wouldn't be the same as the Q10 or Bold.

I loved that design.
    But some people were really vocal about the impossibility to really manufacture it. And we must forget the row of buttons with the trackpad.

But if BBRY comes out with something similar; that could be considered sexy

Edit: the problem with sliders, at least IMHO, was always that they didn't offer the best of both worlds, because they compromised on too many fronts and ends.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 09:36 AM
    It's always hard to satisfy everyone's taste buds

Having a slider would definitely add some bulkiness and weights to the phone like the Torch and the keyboard wouldn't be the same as the Q10 or Bold.

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard could be of the same size on a 4inch+ slider as the one on the bold, without a problem.

That a Slider has it's limitations considering size and bulkiness is clear. But the 9810 could already have been slimmer without a problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 09:48 AM
    I would consider a slider, love my Torch.
    04-27-13 10:09 AM
79 123 ...