The way things change so quick in tech, it might not be so far off and MS cash cow dries up! "Office software gets replaced by something better"
    With their record of failure after failure, it wont take them long to blow their cash hord on stupid purchaces! 9 Billion for Skype LMAO!
    MS could be on the verge of real issues in the near future! They are big enough to stick around a long time but they do have a better track record of failure then success! People shun failure!
    01-14-13 07:35 PM
    But has it failed??? Not really. the Wp8 devices are selling like hot cakes. MS confirmed it. HTC and Nokia confirmed it. I think it's gonna be hard for RIM to advertise since they are doing this all by themselves. but that's my opinion. But they need to hurry up and start it now. Wp8 was clearly a traction and awareness gainer and it did that. will try BB10 for a few months. But since I'm currently in the MS ecosystem. They really need a PROPER ecosystem which they can differentiate themselves. for example MS has Xbox music, Apple has ITunes and Google has Google msuic
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 01-14-13 at 07:47 PM.
    01-14-13 07:36 PM
    But has it failed??? Not really. the Wp8 devices are selling like hot cakes. MS confirmed it. HTC and Nokia confirmed it. I think it's gonna be hard for RIM to advertise since they are doing this all by themselves. but that's my opinion. But they need to hurry up and start it now. Wp8 was clearly a traction and awareness gainer and it did that. will try BB10 for a few months. But since I'm currently in the MS ecosystem. They really need a PROPER ecosystem which they can differentiate themselves. for example MS has Xbox music, Apple has ITunes and Google has Google msuic
    No offence but it was just the christmas quarter! they sold OKAY! if RIM was in that market with BB10 they would not have sold as well! I doubt anyone would dispute that.
    Edit; I'm not refering to WP8 when talking MS failures, I'm refering to the arms lenght list that was previously stated by others. Of all the other area's where MS wanted to be a ME TOO player in different areas of tech! If it wasn't for MS holding back skype on BB10 because they're afraid of BB10 I might have a bit more respect for them!
    01-14-13 09:32 PM
    Rim Rim Rim come on and show the world good apps and features.
    01-14-13 11:05 PM
    I wouldn't take their word for it. The last information source you should be looking at when asking how successful they are is the company executives themselves. What would you expect them to do, shoot themselves in the foot by telling their investors that sales aren't stellar?

Not a big fan of Xbox Music or the music player. Currently the only way to make play lists is a juryrig solution requiring a usb connection to your PC which I find rather outdated for a mobile device.
    01-15-13 06:47 PM
    I wouldn't take their word for it. The last information source you should be looking at when asking how successful they are is the company executives themselves. What would you expect them to do, shoot themselves in the foot by telling their investors that sales aren't stellar?

Not a big fan of Xbox Music or the music player. Currently the only way to make play lists is a juryrig solution requiring a usb connection to your PC which I find rather outdated for a mobile device.
    dude. I never asked about your opinion about music players. I said RIM needs to grow their ecosystem quickly. Doing partnerships is not going to help them since they all have apps on other platforms.
    01-15-13 07:02 PM
    "Nokia Lumia: The secure business smartphone" - I find the timing of this posting ironic: Nokia Lumia: The secure business smartphone – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog
    01-15-13 07:26 PM
    I'm going to be selling my 920, if I can find a buyer, and pick up a BB10 phone. WP8 just feels like its still missing a lot, its underwhelming, not enough apps or use of live tiles, it can be a nice OS but it still needs a while to develop. I really like the look of BB10 so hopefully things go better with this phone.
    01-15-13 08:00 PM
    dude. I never asked about your opinion about music players. I said RIM needs to grow their ecosystem quickly. Doing partnerships is not going to help them since they all have apps on other platforms.
    I gave it to you anyway, free of charge.
    01-15-13 08:13 PM
    Why does having apps on other platforms matter? if you can get the service, you can get the service!! In the not to distant future apps should be transferable accross platforms, along with the content purchased in the app! only the weak app providers will resist this.
    Plus, once RIM has crystalised their comeback and the money is rolling in they can buy up and integrate as they see fit!
    01-15-13 08:29 PM
    RIM has proven themselves VERY skilled in picking up what they need and integrating into the fold!
    01-15-13 08:32 PM
    Edit; I'm not refering to WP8 when talking MS failures, I'm refering to the arms lenght list that was previously stated by others. Of all the other area's where MS wanted to be a ME TOO player in different areas of tech!
    You mean like the Xbox and Xbox 360 where Microsoft joined the party late and yet still have carved up a very good slice of the market for themselves?

If it wasn't for MS holding back skype on BB10 because they're afraid of BB10 I might have a bit more respect for them!
    Forgive me, i slept off last night January 16th 2013. Did I wake up in a future when BB10 had already been released and MS had refused to bring Skype to BB10?

There will be Skype on BB10...only foolish people doubt this. The instant MS retired Windows Live Messenger for Skype, that should have told anyone that Skype would come out on all possible platforms.
    01-17-13 12:43 AM
    You mean like the Xbox and Xbox 360 where Microsoft joined the party late and yet still have carved up a very good slice of the market for themselves?

Forgive me, i slept off last night January 16th 2013. Did I wake up in a future when BB10 had already been released and MS had refused to bring Skype to BB10?

There will be Skype on BB10...only foolish people doubt this. The instant MS retired Windows Live Messenger for Skype, that should have told anyone that
    Skype would come out on all possible platforms.

1. No, Like the arms lenght list that was previously stated! incase you missed it!

2. Well I hope so, at the same time it wouldn't surprise me, if the way I see comes true!!
    Last edited by FanBlackBerrytastic; 01-17-13 at 02:01 AM.
    01-17-13 01:41 AM
    BB has way more users than Windows8!
    01-17-13 01:52 AM
    BB has way more users than Windows8!
    78 million BB users

60 million Windows 8 licenses sold (3 weeks ago). Usual Windows trend is to sell in the hundreds of millions range.

No, you don't know what you're talking about
    01-17-13 02:51 AM
    But has it failed??? Not really. the Wp8 devices are selling like hot cakes. MS confirmed it. HTC and Nokia confirmed it.
    Judging from a delve into the numbers today, Nokia hasn't really confirmed that they are selling like 'hotcakes'.

- Global Windows Phone sales have improved in the Christmas quarter over the previous to 4.4 million. Sales to the US market were surprisingly low at 700,000 despite the big push by Nokia and Microsoft and aggressive pricing. Some analysts were expecting more than a million to move and it didn't hit that.

Nokia reports a profitable Q4, smartphone sales pick up - GSMArena.com news

Fortunately they had a profitable quarter and it is a quarter over quarter increase, so both things are in the right direction.
    lnichols likes this.
    01-24-13 11:36 AM
    78 million BB users

60 million Windows 8 licenses sold (3 weeks ago). Usual Windows trend is to sell in the hundreds of millions range.

60 million sales is not the same thing as 60 million users.
    01-27-13 10:58 PM
    Odd that this is an argument. We should want competition and variety in the market, I'm personally very pleased with what MS has done with WP8 and I can see there's a lot more coming from MS. If BB10 is a success imagine a change in the market, Because every platform is in a position (with Money and Connections) to innovate and catch up with RIM.
    01-27-13 11:17 PM
    I agree. This is a really dumb argument. If RIM kills Windows Phone, it will be too weak to take on Apple and Google and will be killed off as well. If WP does the same thing to RIM, it will suffer the same fate.

Haven't you guys learned anything from the Commodore and Atari days? The Amiga and ST fought so hard against each other that Apple and Microsoft walked in and killed 'em both off, taking the market for themselves. If Commodore and Atari had aimed more for Windows and Mac, they'd still be around today, but the need to "kill" each other doomed them both.
    01-28-13 02:24 AM
    Maybe the PC market is not compareable to the smartphone market. I have spent a lot of money for windows-software, so i am locked into this ecosystem. I don't like the metro-design of windows 8 at all, but my next PC needs to be a windows-PC again.
    I have no problem to switch my smartphone-platform anytime. Maybe i need to spend 10 or 20 additional bucks to buy some apps again, but this does not hurt, when i really want a new gadget.
    So, yes, there IS room for more than two player.
    WP8 will not grow anymore, i think. The Metro-desing is hated by too many people.
    I can understand that some people love it, and these poeple already have the phones.
    But the the Metro-UI doe's not fit the taste of masses.
    It is an epic fail imho, for Windows 8 and WP8.
    01-28-13 02:50 AM
    78 million BB users

I understand that the comment you're replying to refered to "Windows8", but shouldn't the comparison be between BlackBerry and Windows Phone 8? The two actually being in the same market.

I find it very hard to believe MS has sold 60 million Windows Phone 8 licences.

Si.
    01-28-13 03:47 AM
    Like hot cakes?!?! They are still selling less Windows Phone 8 devices than RIM is selling year and half old BBOS devices. Don't worry after BB10's successful launch you will be telling us to just wait for WP9 and MS will take the number 3 spot! I've seen this song and dance on CrackBerry many times!
    Enyigma likes this.
    01-28-13 06:57 AM
    BB is only popular in USA and Canada. Nobody in Europe or in Asia would buy a BB. WP has a 14% market share in Italy 6% in GB (and + 20% in Finland but that's to be expected). When Nokia releases Lumia 620 in India, WP will grow in huge numbers. Funny thing is that people in India like Nokia more than their own country, and there lives 1300 million people.
    01-30-13 01:33 PM
    BB is only popular in USA and Canada. Nobody in Europe or in Asia would buy a BB. WP has a 14% market share in Italy 6% in GB (and + 20% in Finland but that's to be expected). When Nokia releases Lumia 620 in India, WP will grow in huge numbers. Funny thing is that people in India like Nokia more than their own country, and there lives 1300 million people.
    That can't be further from the truth. BlackBerry is actually much more popular in Europe and Asia than it is in the USA. Although it is true that for some reason WP is very popular in Europe.

Why don't you post BB's market share in those same places?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zeeten; 01-30-13 at 01:58 PM.
    01-30-13 01:48 PM
    78 million BB users

Is that including computers?
    01-30-13 01:48 PM
230 ... 78910