I have searched a bit for this and have not found anything. So, will using wifi cost anything? I know how wireless companies are, and have heard various tidbits of carriers charging or offering wifi for free. That said, what is Verizon's policy on this? If it is to currently charge for wifi usage, are there speculations that this will change?
    10-14-09 04:32 PM
    Don't believe vzw offers wifi. That said I do recall reading wifi will b free at barnes n noble courtesy of vzw. But most wifi hot spots charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 04:44 PM
    I meant this more as what is speculated to happen once the Storm 2 is out. But, other than hotspots charging, if i am using wifi at home for example, will i be charged for that usage? Or, is it just considered part of my data consumption on my plan?
    10-14-09 04:48 PM
    I meant this more as what is speculated to happen once the Storm 2 is out. But, other than hotspots charging, if i am using wifi at home for example, will i be charged for that usage? Or, is it just considered part of my data consumption on my plan?
    You will NOT be charged for any personal wifi usage at home or at any hotspot that does not charge its own fees.
    10-14-09 04:51 PM
    ^^^^ as he said , they cant charge you for not using THEIR data , so no , there will be no additional chargers for using wifi
    10-14-09 04:52 PM
    That's kind of the beauty of wifi and why people want it.
    10-14-09 04:53 PM
    Thanks, everyone! Good to know. Now we play the waiting game...
    10-14-09 05:03 PM
    ^^^^ as he said , they cant charge you for not using THEIR data , so no , there will be no additional chargers for using wifi
    Technically you might still be using BB's data since wifi still has to go through BIS from what I read this morning . Though that's included.
    10-14-09 10:42 PM
    Technically you might still be using BB's data since wifi still has to go through BIS from what I read this morning . Though that's included.
    It's not the WIFI that goes through BIS/BES, it's the BB services (email, browsing, etc.) that would still use the BIS/BES servers, just with WIFI it traverses that network instead of the cellular one.
    10-14-09 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD