The default setting for GPS Services on my Tour (Options -> Advanced Options -> GPS) is "E911 Only" - I'm assuming that means it's for emergency location use. The other option is "Location On." Should I change it to "Location On" for the various apps that use location like Poynt and maps. I seem to have problems with those apps recognizing my location no matter which setting I use.
    10-31-09 09:20 AM
    You are correct. You need to have the GPS set to "Location On" for use with GPS apps such as Poynt, Google Maps and VZ Navigator.

i use all 3 on my VZW Tour.

What errors are you seeing? You need to be outside to get a good GPS signal.
    10-31-09 09:22 AM
    i also always keep my location ON.
    10-31-09 09:23 AM
    What errors are you seeing? You need to be outside to get a good GPS signal.
    The GPS on the Tour is a joke compared to what it was on the 8900. I could pretty much use my 8900's GPS anywhere (even on the ground floor of a 30 story hotel), but lots of times my Tour can't even get a GPS signal outdoors if I'm near buildings.

Design flaw?
    10-31-09 12:33 PM
    The GPS on the Tour is a joke compared to what it was on the 8900. I could pretty much use my 8900's GPS anywhere (even on the ground floor of a 30 story hotel), but lots of times my Tour can't even get a GPS signal outdoors if I'm near buildings.

Design flaw?
    i can also use the GPS anywhere on my Tour. i use it in my house and in hotels as well. But if the OP is having issues, maybe they are in a basement or concrete building. i use Poynt, BB Maps, VZ Navigator, BerryWeather as well as Google Maps.

Google maps seems to give me issues, regardless of where i am. Not sure why.
    10-31-09 12:47 PM
    I dunno. Before I sold my 8900, I set the 8900 next to the Tour and let them have a race to lock on to my position w/ GPS (inside my apartment, near an exterior wall). The 8900 locked on within a second. The Tour never did. I had to go outside to an open area before I could get a GPS lock on my Tour. This was in Google Maps, but using BB Maps doesn't help at all. I don't use VZ Nav...too expensive.
    10-31-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD