Can you run BB Desktop Manager Software and have a personal email account on a home computer even though corporate IT groups says you can not run it on a work computer. They say it could conflict with the corporate LotusNotes email operation.
    02-14-09 11:34 AM
    I have a BES device with DM set up on my work PC. When you set up DM you have to choose BES or BIS. For BES, it has to be in contact with the server, so that's all good at work. If you set it up a home, DM could not see the Exchabge/BES server and thus would require BIS redirection. I *think* that might have very bad effects on your device if you try to sync :-)

However, you can set up multiple BIS accts on your BES device. While that doesn't sync anything but email, it does give you a serparate calendar for each account where you can keep appts that don't show up in Lotus Notes. HTH

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 04:48 PM
    Is it pretty straightforward to set up the BIS account once a BES has been established? I would like to have a personal email and calendar that does not exist on the LotusNotes server.
    02-14-09 08:54 PM
    ^^ For email, just open the email setup icon on your device and follow tjh instructions. Dependong on your theme, that icon usually is something like an envelope with gears on it. It is usually quite straightforward and creating that account also creates the ability to set calendar appts using that account as "send from". Those calendars do not sync unless you configure them to sync with BES, in which of course they show up in you Lotus Notes appts. And you cannot sync them with Outlook at home. Which kinda defeats the purpose of having a sepaarate calendar. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD