Can one copy / forward the entire contact list from one BB to another BB, I want to copy the contents of the contact list from my work BB 9000 to my new personal BB 9800 - of course each BB connects to a different version of BDM (9000 to BDM v.5 and 9800 to BDM v.6)........????

thanx
    09-17-10 07:42 AM
    The difference in DM versions won't matter. You can backup your work BlackBerry and restore the backup on your personal BlackBerry. If you don't want the full backup, use the Advanced Backup and Restore to just restore the Address Book file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 08:15 AM
    Keep in mind, however that if you do what Jeff mentioned abovem at least as of the last time I tried messing with the databases on my device, it will not merge the two, it will eliminate your original contacts you had on your personal device and you'll only have the contacts your work device or wherever else the database you used came from. This applies to all databases you mess with on the device.

So for another example, you have text messages on your device from now but you want to restore from an old backed up database to retrieve an older one, you can't keep both your current stuff and restore the older database and expect it to merge both, as it won't.
    09-17-10 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD