I have a blackberry bold (brand new and I love it). How do I copy a contact. Not the whole list, just one contact so that there is two of the same contact.

Thanks
    04-20-09 06:39 PM
    BBM the contact to yourself and then save it.
    04-20-09 06:40 PM
    As far as I can tell, there's no way to directly copy an existing contact in your Address Book.

Best guess, do what forever29 (this is the best way) said or just copy the information you want from one contact entry to the other (may take some time depending on how much material you wish to copy over).
    04-20-09 06:46 PM
    I have a blackberry bold (brand new and I love it). How do I copy a contact. Not the whole list, just one contact so that there is two of the same contact.

Thanks
    Why do u wanna have the very same contact (and I'm assuming the same info) twice?
    04-20-09 10:32 PM
    As far as I can tell, there's no way to directly copy an existing contact in your Address Book.

Best guess, do what forever29 (this is the best way) said or just copy the information you want from one contact entry to the other (may take some time depending on how much material you wish to copy over).
    I'm not sure with BB but in dumb phones when u manually enter the same contact and contact info it would tell u that the contact is already exist and won't let u save it twice. Best thing just make a little Editing like put a dot or comma or something so it would be different.
    I guess.
    04-20-09 10:34 PM
    BBM the contact to yourself and then save it.
    You can BBM youself? I didn't know that! I take it you BBM your PIN?
    04-20-09 11:02 PM
    You can BBM youself? I didn't know that! I take it you BBM your PIN?
    Just add yourself to your list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 01:03 AM
    Let's say I have a contact for Mary complete with home address, phone number, plus work address and phone numbers and emails. I need a contact for her husband Bob who obviously has the same address and home number but different work address, cell etc. I would like to be able to create one of the contacts and then copy it so that I don't have to type the same information twice.
    04-21-09 08:11 AM
    I see your point. I did a little playing around with it, and I've come up with somewhat of a solution. Some say to send it as BBM, but everyone does not use BBM. Some people also do not have it installed in order to save space.
    Everyone uses Email. So this is what I came up with.

1) Go to your Address Book.

2) Highlight the Contact you wish to Copy, but do not open the Contact.

3) While the Contact is highlighted, Menu Key > Send As Attachment
    Email it to yourself using your Blackberry Account or any Email account that will be pushed back to your Blackberry.

4) Send the Email, Menu Key > Send

5) When the Email with the attachment arrives, do not open it just yet.

6) Go back to your Address Book and located the original contact. You will need to change the name of this contact so it will not be overwritten.

7) Go back and open the Email, and scroll to the bottom to highlight the attachment.

8) Open the attachment, Menu Key > View Attachment

9) Add Contact to Address Book, Menu Key > Add To Address Book

10) Done!!!

Hopes this helps.
    04-21-09 08:36 AM
    I see your point. I did a little playing around with it, and I've come up with somewhat of a solution. Some say to send it as BBM, but everyone does not use BBM. Some people also do not have it installed in order to save space.
    Everyone uses Email. So this is what I came up with.

1) Go to your Address Book.

2) Highlight the Contact you wish to Copy, but do not open the Contact.

3) While the Contact is highlighted, Menu Key > Send As Attachment
    Email it to yourself using your Blackberry Account or any Email account that will be pushed back to your Blackberry.

4) Send the Email, Menu Key > Send

5) When the Email with the attachment arrives, do not open it just yet.

6) Go back to your Address Book and located the original contact. You will need to change the name of this contact so it will not be overwritten.

7) Go back and open the Email, and scroll to the bottom to highlight the attachment.

8) Open the attachment, Menu Key > View Attachment

9) Add Contact to Address Book, Menu Key > Add To Address Book

10) Done!!!

Hopes this helps.
    It sounds excellent. Hope it works.
    04-21-09 04:05 PM
    Or you can send yorself a text or email i like to keep an email wit all my contacts.
    04-21-09 04:14 PM
    It sounds excellent. Hope it works.
    It works. I tried it out before posting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD