View Poll Results: Would you want this feature in BB10?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 88.57%
  • No

4 11.43%
    OK but there is the thing, I am a business class user. All of the stuff I need to know about anyone I am calling or who calls me I know independent of having my memory jogged by the phone (B/days, anniversaries, family stuff, etc...). If I don't know those things then to me those parties are not important enough for me to have committed their "details" to memory and I am certainly not going to rely on my phone to help me "make someone feel important." (Yes, I am aware how harsh that comes off.)

I am not saying this has no use, in fact, I acknowledge that for some, if not many it will and JR and the rest of the posters to this thread have certainly shown how.
    You make a good point but there are not many truly awesome "people-persons" who can know and keep such data handy from their brains. My father was one of Abbott (ABT) laboratories best salesmen and he was that way. Sadly, I am not, and the little jog of memory the device could give me in those couple of seconds of answering the phone can help someone like myself tremendously.

You may be quite gifted in your memory that way, and I am happy for you, but I am not and like the boost. As noted earlier, I think it would be optional what fields you might have show up; you will have none but pic and name, while others like myself will have name, pic, spouse, and perhaps a note I put into the notes field about a certain contact. I do have business contacts I only talk to once a year maybe, and those few seconds of awkward while trying to figure out who they are and why they are important, is annoyingly awkward and painful.
    amazinglygraceless and JR A like this.
    08-10-12 06:54 PM
    @pineypl: No argument from me there Again, I am just relaying my own thought. I am not saying because I don't feel it would be useful means it should not be designed. Lord knows I have several coworkers that could use this, like yesterday.
    JR A likes this.
    08-10-12 07:09 PM
    Personally I wouldn't have any interest in the "socially plugged in" aspect of the overall idea, but I can definitely see the use in having little tidbits available to help the conversation along, e.g. birthdays/spouse's name/children's names etc. Especially when business relationships are involved.

I despair a bit sometimes though that we're letting the tech do too much the thinking for us, in a way, but that's just an aside. It's a solid concept nonetheless.
    JR A likes this.
    08-10-12 08:07 PM
    I, too, can see how people let technology do "too much" for them.

However, if it's something that I do constantly on a daily basis and it can save me time from having to navigate through my phone and dig it up, it's not necessarily being "lazy", but another feature to help make things more efficient.

Glad to see people think this is a solid idea.

Maybe I should patent it and then license it to RIM/BB. Then again I might just open myself up to a lawsuit from Sam or that other fruit company...

08-10-12 08:43 PM
    I like the idea. Sometimes my friends ask, "hey, did you get my text?" and if I haven't read it yet, this option would give me the chance to read them. Same happens, albeit not as often, with co-workers and emails.
    JR A likes this.
    08-10-12 09:05 PM
    That would be A LOT of info to read when they are calling. By the time I looked at it all, they would hang up! But I still like the idea.
    Maybe take it a step further, and when you click on their name in the contacts, it shows all of that there too.
    JR A likes this.
    08-10-12 11:15 PM
    I like the idea. Sometimes my friends ask, "hey, did you get my text?" and if I haven't read it yet, this option would give me the chance to read them. Same happens, albeit not as often, with co-workers and emails.
    Happens ALL THE TIME!
    08-11-12 10:38 AM
    What would be even COOLER is if you can voice-activate it.

Not talking about Siri or S Voice. But when a call comes up, you can say "Answer", "Show info" or something of the sort.

08-13-12 10:43 PM
    Wow, 9 out of 10 agree. 1st time that's ever happened with a poll I set up.
    08-17-12 06:32 PM
    While I like the idea, I wouldn't find it useful

I'd find it far more useful if when in a call I was able to make a call note within the call screen not having to exit it, the "note" would record the time the call started and the duration, would record the number, if they were in my contacts it would list what contact it was. and upon hanging up the call would be filed in an easy to access log, that can either be turned into an email, todo item or calendar entry with a single put
    I would use this 10 times a day,

the feature you are listing I'd use less than once a week, many of my calls are people who I talk to 3 or 4 times a year, or just once then everything is followed by in person meetings and email
    08-17-12 06:57 PM
    It digs a little deeper. Great idea
    08-17-12 08:51 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD