CrackBerry nation,

Lately there have been been (leaked) released some great preview videos of BlackBerry10. Those videos made me, and I think most of you, very excited about BlackBerry10, and what do people do when the're excited about something, they want to share it with all the people around them!

The last couple of weeks when the subject smartphone came up I showed these videos to some friends, most of them are former BlackBerry users but are now using the Iphone and some the GalaxyS3. Whenever I tell former or current BlackBerry users RIM is coming with a completely new platform and phones which are nothing like we currently know the BlackBerry brand as they instantly reply "I NEVER want BlackBerry again" or "I'll never again buy a BlackBerry phone" without even giving me the chance to say a single more word. So there I go, conversation finished, no chance left for me to tell or show them more about the upcoming platform. Another thing I noticed at especially friends using the Iphone is that they within 2-3 seconds of seeing the flow respond with "I'm not impressed".

I haven't really had any other reactions than those I described above which worries me a lot. I know for sure I'm going to purchase a BlackBerry10 device as soon as my current contract ends but how is RIM going to convince consumers like them? All they have currently heard of is the bad press. None of them already knew about BlackBerry10 nor its so far previewed features.

So.. my question to you guys:
    How should we inform friends, family and acquaintances BlackBerry10 is really (going to be) a great platform definitly worth taking a serious look at?

We should spread the word, a very positive and excited word! Hehe

Mitfry

EDIT:
    Just for the idea, let's hope this is not what will happen when BB10 is out and a salesman offers it to a customer. This is unfortunately very close to what happends a lot when you tell iPhone users about BlackBerry10. Android users seem to be a lot more like meh, I'm just fine with what I'm currently using, not looking for something new.
    Last edited by mitfry; 11-01-12 at 06:40 PM.
    study_lady likes this.
    10-31-12 05:38 AM
    Why would you need to "convince" anybody?

You should use what works for you. And they should use what works for them.

Let them make their own decision.
    mikeo007, howarmat, aniym and 1 others like this.
    10-31-12 05:41 AM
    I do agree with that, I never said I wanted to convince them to use it, all I want is them to know BlackBerry10 is worth taking a serious look at, whether the're gonna purchase a phone running BlackBerry10 is up to them ofcourse.
    10-31-12 06:34 AM
    you cannot convinced anyone unless you own one. since BB10 is not released yet, you have to wait it first.

if you already have BB10AD, you can show to them.

I do try to persuade folks and friends of mine to see the bb10 video. but they always reject it. but when I came with BB10AD in my hand. They all say, where they can buy it, how much does it cost, when it will be available, is there any chance to get special price when bb10 launch?

so, all you have to do is to borrow bb10ad rev a or b, OR, you must wait until you own bb10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 (9700 EU) using Tapatalk
    10-31-12 07:10 AM
    True, unfortunately I do not own a Dev Alpha device myself. I wouldn't be convinced about a new device just by seeing a video either but I don't get their need to reject any preview video just because they heard the name "BlackBerry".

Can't wait until the day we can show off BlackBerry10 devices and open up their eyes
    10-31-12 07:27 AM
    They are going by what they hear or have heard from family, friends and even strangers. Why they aren't even interested in seeing what is new is troubling though. I wonder if these same people never give any bad experience another chance or if they are set in stone, evidently if they once owned and supported bb they made a change at least once.
    10-31-12 07:54 AM
    How convincing is advice to buy a device based upon what you can see in demo videos rather than because you own and use it yourself - I generally never recommend tech but I would certainly never recommend something I have never owned or used for a significant period of time - such advocacy has no credibility.

If you are willing to recommend something you have never used, how good or objective is your advice to start with?
    westcoastit likes this.
    10-31-12 08:07 AM
    Love the enthusiasm OP, stay pumped and BB10 will be here soon enough. At witch time your desire to inform your friends will be greatly enhanced. BB10 is looking VERY good. Your friends will love it once they see.
    bigbadben10 and bigbmc26 like this.
    10-31-12 08:23 AM
    U will need a BB10 phone as others have said. Plus u will need RIM to come good on their promise for more apps. If that happens u will have your chance...
    shemaree09 likes this.
    10-31-12 08:25 AM
    lmao...I'm driving all my friends crazy with my bb10 obbsession...its awesome..lol
    10-31-12 08:38 AM
    If BB10 is a new and different experience, the only way people will be convinced is to use one in hand. Watching videos is one thing, actually holding one and seeing it in action is another. RIM also has an image problem to overcome as well, as some friends of mine have said that they'll believe it when they actually see it...referencing the repeated delays they've had in the recent past.
    sleepngbear and mikeo007 like this.
    10-31-12 08:49 AM
    A lot of people have made up their minds about BB, and you risk pissing them off if you try to convince them of something different. All you can do is inform them of big changes coming and hope that will be enough for them to keep an open mind. There are people who just won't give it a chance, and you won't likely ever change their mind. But there are also plenty who are probably on the fence, and those are the ones you'd be doing a favor simply by keeping them informed. After that, they have to make up their own minds on what will work best for them.

Edited to correct autocorrect. FrigginJefType�!!!!
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 10-31-12 at 10:00 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-31-12 08:58 AM
    Convincing people to buy BB10 is RIM's job, not ours.
    10-31-12 09:01 AM
    Just keep up the good work OP. Your words are not lost on people, there is a decent percentage that will be coming back to BB from the other two players. There is a desire for RIM to succeed, the market place will be better for it. Don't listen to the nay sayer!
    10-31-12 09:01 AM
    10-31-12 09:07 AM
    Convincing people to buy BB10 is RIM's job, not ours.
    Yes, marketing BB10 is RIM's responsibility. But that doesn't mean we can't share our enthusiasm about it. God knows enough users of other platforms do it.
    10-31-12 09:20 AM
    And lot of people have made up their minds about BB, and you risk pissing them off if you try to convince them of something different. All you can do is inform them of big changes coming and hope that will be enough for them to keep an open mind. ...
    That's indeed what almost happened a couple of times when I spoke about it with Iphone users. People act like you're insulting or attacking them personally by even telling them about a new platform, in this case BlackBerry10.
    10-31-12 09:27 AM
    Interesting what was also said there. Will not consider wp due to past experience. Isn't that the same thing we're talking about here and bb?
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    10-31-12 09:40 AM
    Yes, marketing BB10 is RIM's responsibility. But that doesn't mean we can't share our enthusiasm about it. God knows enough users of other platforms do it.
    Showing enthusiasm is one thing. Even I tell people that ask why I haven't "upgraded" my phone that I'm waiting for BB10. I don't try and convince people though. How could I when I'm not convinced myself (and will only be convinced when I actually have the device)?
    10-31-12 09:43 AM
    I've let people know that BB10 is coming. I've stopped my agency from putting out a request for information until BB10 comes out.

That I'll do....wait and make a decision. But I would never try to convince anyone to use another platform. It's not my money nor my own experience over the next 24 months that are on the line. Inform and let people choose.
    10-31-12 09:49 AM
    Interesting what was also said there. Will not consider wp due to past experience. Isn't that the same thing we're talking about here and bb?
    I also had a WinMo phone, and I think I can say with some degree of certainty that, for the most part, the BB experience hasn't been nearly as bad as the WinMo experience. And BB through the years has gained vastly wider acceptance than WinMo ever did. Although there are some obvious similarities between the two cases, I think there are a lot more significant differences.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    10-31-12 09:52 AM
    Showing enthusiasm is one thing. Even I tell people that ask why I haven't "upgraded" my phone that I'm waiting for BB10. I don't try and convince people though. How could I when I'm not convinced myself (and will only be convinced when I actually have the device)?
    Agreed. All we can do -- if anything -- is attempt to inform, not convince, and then let the platform speak for itself.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-31-12 09:54 AM
    I've let people know that BB10 is coming. I've stopped my agency from putting out a request for information until BB10 comes out.

That I'll do....wait and make a decision. But I would never try to convince anyone to use another platform. It's not my money nor my own experience over the next 24 months that are on the line. Inform and let people choose.
    Kindred spirits we are, you and I...
    10-31-12 09:55 AM
    I don't think the situation is all that different from religious evangelization. As a general thing, when you tell people how they should think, you only succeed in annoying them. If, on the other hand, they pick up on your excitement somehow and are curious enough to ask about it, you certainly should tell them that you think BB10 is going to change a lot of people's minds about BB. If they say, "That's crazy; everybody knows BB is dead," you can simply answer, "If you say so, but check back with me in a few months and you may be surprised." Just plant a seed of suspicion that the last word isn't in. That's pretty much all anyone can do at this point. The rest is up to RIM.
    jakie55, jasonvan9, mitfry and 6 others like this.
    10-31-12 09:58 AM
    I also had a WinMo phone, and I think I can say with some degree of certainty that, for the most part, the BB experience hasn't been nearly as bad as the WinMo experience. And BB through the years has gained vastly wider acceptance than WinMo ever did. Although there are some obvious similarities between the two cases, I think there are a lot more significant differences.
    True but I'm sure some feel the same way about bb as some do winmo. I guess as long as people keep an open mind there is hope. I always said I would never own a Ford and guess what I drive now
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-31-12 10:06 AM
68 123