I'm using a Nexus One right now, but I had a Bold 9700 for about three weeks before this. I'm starting to miss it. Can I hear some reasons why I should switch back to blackberry?

- I mainly use my phone for voice/messaging
    - I use web browsing, twitter, facebook, sports scores the second most
    - Sometimes I use gps navigation, camera, other stuff
    - I never use it for games and I don't care if stuff looks "pretty"

I dare you to push me over the edge to switch to BB!
    05-31-10 03:31 PM
    I never use it for games and I don't care if stuff looks "pretty"
    Translation: I really want my boring blackberry back, Android is too exciting!
    05-31-10 03:49 PM
    Why do people have to be convinced to go to another phone? If you miss the 9700 and the Nexus isn't doing it for you, go back.
    05-31-10 03:51 PM
    I can live with either, but I don't know if my time with the 9700 was long enough to properly evaluate it. So I thought I'd post on here to see what BB users think because they have more experienced with them.
    05-31-10 03:56 PM
    My time with BB convinces me there is not another phone out today that works as well for what I wish to do. Local stores and friends provide ample opportunity to touch other devices, but I always return to the 9000 for form and function. No question in my mind.
    05-31-10 04:00 PM
    Do you still have the BB 9700? It sounds like, from you list of needs, that it would work fine for you but no one knows which one you would like best but you. It's a personal preference.
    05-31-10 04:01 PM
    I returned it. It was randomly rebooting which probably gave me a bad taste. My big complaint with the nexus is I'm always worried about the battery.
    05-31-10 04:05 PM
    Well, it's a touch screen, right? Those will always use more battery than a nontouch screen will. More power, more battery. It's something you have to put up with. I have an iPhone too and the battery goes quicker but the screen for surfing, etc. is excellent.
    05-31-10 04:12 PM
    I'm sure watching flash videos doesn't help my battery much either.
    05-31-10 04:26 PM
    If you use messaging the most, then BB might be good for you.

BTW, I have a good 9700 and I rarely need to do a battery pull. Random reboots are NOT normal and really aren't the typical experience...and if it happens, you need to get it fixed.
    05-31-10 04:45 PM
    I'm using a Nexus One right now, but I had a Bold 9700 for about three weeks before this. I'm starting to miss it. Can I hear some reasons why I should switch back to blackberry?

- I mainly use my phone for voice/messaging
    - I use web browsing, twitter, facebook, sports scores the second most
    - Sometimes I use gps navigation, camera, other stuff
    - I never use it for games and I don't care if stuff looks "pretty"

I dare you to push me over the edge to switch to BB!
    I was using,a windows phone, before using an Android (HTC Hero), before switch to BlackBerry, (Bold 9700) and for my part, i won't get back to Android, even if i think it's a good OS and even if i think the Nexus One is a very good phone. I'll have another phone and it will be a BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry is very special phone and the BlackBerry community is awesome.
    05-31-10 04:50 PM

Can you give me some reasons why?
    05-31-10 05:00 PM
    The only special part about Blackberry is BBM and the Push Mail.
    Everything else can be done on any other smart-phone.
    Oh, and the CRACKberry community is AMAZING.
    05-31-10 05:03 PM
    One huge advantage of BBs is battery life. The 9700 is about top of the line. It sounds like you want battery life. OS 6 should address a lot of the issues with BB as far as a crappy web browser.
    05-31-10 06:46 PM
    Some threads have shown that many users barely get a day out of their 9700 after a few months. Also, it isn't confirmed to get os 6, has it?
    05-31-10 07:22 PM
    Here's my attempt: buy one.

Did it work? Will you get one now?
    05-31-10 07:41 PM
    You're so helpful Radius!!!!!!!!!

If I had the money, I'd own both.
    05-31-10 07:53 PM
    Go back, you know you want too!

Actually I really liked the N1...want to trade, lol! I kid..love my 9700, but N1 is by far my favorite Andriod phone I have played with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 04:55 AM
    I had andriod samsung and I have gone back to the bbs
    it just didn't have what i was looking for, as in the bbs you have bbm which is soo good and you can talk to anyone in the world who has a bb no other phone can do this yet that i know off...
    06-01-10 05:10 AM
    I love all the random cool stuff I can do with the n1, but I don't really need that. Does anyone use gmail with their bb? I want to know how well the two way sync is working after being out for a while. Thanks everyone!
    06-01-10 06:04 AM
    i agree completely, soudns about right.
    06-01-10 06:55 AM

LOL!! IF I had the money, I would own about 6 or 7 phones! LOL
    06-01-10 07:01 AM

I just don't understand why people want to be led around so much. Get one if it suits your needs, or don't.

I just find these threads are all the same and people ask the same thing all the time. A simple search of "convince me" would yield more information than anyone needs to make a decision.

That's just what I think anyhow.
    06-01-10 12:17 PM
    Honestly if you need to be convinced into using a certain phone, you probably really dont want to be using that phone. Use whatever phone you enjoy the most.
    06-01-10 12:24 PM
    As I've said before, I'm asking for advice from people who have used blackberries. Its a way to do research. If you disagree, why would you reply (which brings the thread to the top of the forum)?

If the title is convince me and youd rather criticize than help, skip it!
    06-01-10 12:34 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD