currently i have the iphone 3g and im looking to get a blackberry bold. i really want it but im still stuck between waiting for the new iphone or getting the bold. can someone convince me to get the bold?, lol

thanks
    12-07-09 11:58 PM
    currently i have the iphone 3g and im looking to get a blackberry bold. i really want it but im still stuck between waiting for the new iphone or getting the bold. can someone convince me to get the bold?, lol

thanks
    Well, I can pretty much guarantee that you'll be waiting until summer for the next iPhone. Whereas the Bold 9700 is still new (although rumors of a 9900 for next year at some point are floating around)

Anyway, it really depends on what you use your device for, to be honest. If you love doing alot of internet browsing, the iPhone has the better browser hands down. If you do a lot of email, I personally prefer the Blackberry. Games/fun apps? iPhone. Business Apps? I think it's a tie.

Honestly, they're both excellent systems that cater to different people. If you don't feel like waiting, get the bold now, try it out, and if you don't like it, take it back during the return period.
    12-08-09 12:32 AM
    better try your hand with a 9700 and then decide for yourself.
    12-08-09 02:14 AM
    If you ever wished you could do anything faster and right to the point, especially when it came to anything messaging related, go for the bold 9700. But hang on to that iphone because you might start to miss all the fun sh*t. You could always unlock that bold and use it for a while, get a bunch of biz done, and then sell it on eBay/craigslist for a pretty good chunk of what it would take to cover a new iphone....that is if you start itching for the the next gen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 05:03 AM
    The fact you have an iPhone but are curious to stray..... Thats all the convincing you need.

Choice is yours mate.
    12-08-09 05:18 AM
    The fact you have an iPhone but are curious to stray..... Thats all the convincing you need.

Choice is yours mate.
    well said Snazy.
    12-08-09 05:36 AM

Choice is yours mate.
    The BlackBerry Curve outsold the iPhone in Q1 2009 and continues to do rather well. That alone isn't shocking, but RIM also holds the third and fourth sales positions.

news.cnet.com/blackberry-curve-outsells-the-iphone-3g

That should give you pause.

Disclosure: I'm an Apple user.
    12-08-09 08:36 AM
    I don't know why I bothered to open this thread or even post in it. Sir, do your research. We have many BlackBerry threads on this issue. iPhone or BlackBerry. If you do a simple search, there will be many to chose from, of which you could browse and decide on your own. Even YouTube has videos showing off exactly what you want to know.
    12-08-09 10:01 AM
    i kno there are millions of discussions of both, i just havent been on the forums in a while and wanted to discuss this.

anyway, yea i realized that i never really use many of the apps on the iphone except: facebook, sports scores mainly. i do use the internet but i dont need all those fancy features. for me its mainly going to come down to messsaging and the bold is good for that. i think im leanin towards the bold. and i read about the 9900, im not a fan of blackberry touchscreens for some reason.
    12-08-09 11:05 AM

thanks
    Why not just wait until the new Iphone comes out and then decide? That way BOTH phones will be around to play with and hold in your hands (at the store or friends).
    12-08-09 12:52 PM
    depends what you do on your phone. Music? Browsing? Emailing? etc
    12-08-09 12:55 PM
    i kno there are millions of discussions of both, i just havent been on the forums in a while and wanted to discuss this.

anyway, yea i realized that i never really use many of the apps on the iphone except: facebook, sports scores mainly. i do use the internet but i dont need all those fancy features. for me its mainly going to come down to messsaging and the bold is good for that. i think im leanin towards the bold. and i read about the 9900, im not a fan of blackberry touchscreens for some reason.
    Well let's start with most iphone touch screen users won't like the storm, it is a bit hard to get used to. Next I believe you should wait a little before jumping into the aging bold, and maybe hold on to your iphone like one of the previous posters said for a little while, unless ur willing to try out the bold 9700 which is a new release.

12-08-09 01:54 PM
    Or you could carry both, like me (iphone 3G and BB 9700). Why should we 'convince' you? I don't understand.
    12-08-09 02:17 PM
    This is true I carry the 9700 and the droid myself

12-08-09 02:22 PM
    Worksux, it is very rude of you to asked us to "appeal/rationalize" using a bold over an iphone. Convince you? maybe you'd like to phrase things differently? Thanks
    12-08-09 02:51 PM
    This is true I carry the 9700 and the droid myself

Sorry to go off topic but I always see people doing this and have to ask how? Do you have 2 different phone numbers? Do you pay for 2 different services? If its the Bold and the Droid, you must have verizon and either at&t or tmobile.

I would love to do this but don't think I could afford two devices.
    12-08-09 06:36 PM
    One I'm not paying for its my work device, that my bold, the droid is my personal phone, that my family and friends call me on, and I actually have 3 phones because the phone I post on this site with is just for this site, its also a bold which was free, the IT guys and inventory guys happen to be bigtime cb fans, and we all decided to have phones just for this site, because of the over ordering of phones due to people being laid off.

12-08-09 06:40 PM
    Honestly if I didn't get bb free I might not have one, although I love the phone, and the site so much, as a personal device the droid is adequate for me, but luckily I'm in the nilitary so I won't be getting laid off anytime soon.

12-08-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD