My company is finally going to support Blackberry's via a new blackberry server???? I've been a Treo user for a while and am currently using the Treo 700p on Verizon.

I'm considering getting either the BlackBerry Curve, Pearl, or waiting for the Thunder/Storm????

I tried out the curve and was fairly impressed at how it recognized words quickly etc... But the Curve appears to be closest to a Treo... Obviosuly the Iphone looks interesting thus the Thunder/Storm might be an interesting choice as well...

I hate to buy a new phone and find out a newer / possibly better phone is being released soon...

Your thoughts??
    07-14-08 08:44 PM
    Gotta ask yourself if you prefer physical keys over a touchscreen. Secondly, which network you on? The Bold is about ready to drop and its top dog in the BlackBerry market. If you can wait a month then definately do that and get a Bold. You will thank yourself for it.
    07-14-08 08:52 PM
    I was asking myself the same question a month ago before I got my Curve, and now I know I made the right choice. For me the reasons were simple:
    - get a phone that has great call quality and reception
    - has a keyboard that's relatively easy to use & a screen that's big enough for me
    - small enough so it doesn't feel like a brick in your hand
    - has been out long enough to work out all the bugs
    - and economical enough to not go over budget

If you're on Verizon and don't want to wait awhile (I believe AT&T was going to be the exclusive carrier for the Bold, at least for a time), my suggestion would be to buy the Curve.
    07-14-08 09:08 PM
    The Blackberry Bold looks pretty good. I have Verizon which may not get this until September at the earliest?? If so, I can wait until about September. Although I think the IPhone and possibly the BB Thunder/Storm look even sleeker, I believe I am most used to have the keyboard such as my Treo 700p.. Thus either the Curve or Bold might be the next phone!

It's to bad that it takes Verizon to get the newer phones etc...
    07-14-08 09:55 PM
    Well for Verizon I'd just go with the Curve if you want physical keys. Its a fantastic device. Waiting for the Bold on Verizon is most likely going to be a long stint(sp?) in frustration. If you get a Curve right away you will probably be eligible for your new every two upgrade by the time they release it anyways...
    07-14-08 10:03 PM
    You can't go wrong with the Curve. The Bold would be the top pick, but September is quite a while away.
    07-14-08 10:35 PM
    Like was posted before, go with the Curve right now as who knows when Verizon will get a new device.

I came from a Treo 680 and love my bb more than the 680 will ever know. The speakerphone works awesome also.
    07-15-08 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD