So tell me, forum: How many friends and family members have you successfully "converted," to BlackBerry??
    11-22-12 04:53 PM

Thats rims job, when they build it people will come.

I'm just a consumer it's not my job to covert anyone.
    Masahiro, mikeo007, Rello and 1 others like this.
    11-22-12 05:33 PM
    Four people at work, coming from iphone5 and Android users as well. They were amazed with all of the BB footage, and features. Really didn't take too much convincing. They were pretty much sold the first video they saw of the BB 10
    11-22-12 07:32 PM
    1, An Apple fan who got a 9900 and who has asked when the larger PlayBook will be available.

Plus 2 PB's to current BB users. I don't wear a sandwich board but if people ask I won't not tell them about BB.
    11-22-12 10:36 PM
    I have converted my parents. So that's two people. lol

It's tough getting people to consider BlackBerry right now... It's only made for certain people. Maybe when BB10 debuts, it will be a lot easier to convert others!
    11-22-12 11:21 PM
    Myself, naturally, my wife and two sons and my dog, all have Blackberry's.

No other type of phone is allowed in the house, and when BB10 comes out, we will all be upgrading.
    11-22-12 11:32 PM
    I've converted one. Now she refuses to even consider anything else.

My friends often ask me for advice when they're looking for new devices and I try not to be biased. I personally hate iPhones but I will recommend them to certain people if I feel they suit them best. Many people ask me what I think of my Blackberry and I tell that I'm very happy with it. Sometimes they go out and buy one for themselves but eventually convert back to iPhone.

It is hard to find reasons to recommend buying a Blackberry right now. Even when people ask me questions specifically about switching to Blackberry, I actually tell them not to buy one yet and wait a bit longer for BB10.
    Last edited by .pinkberry; 11-27-12 at 12:13 PM.
    dbollman423 and jweihrauch like this.
    11-22-12 11:46 PM
    Myself, naturally, my wife and two sons and my dog, all have Blackberry's.

No other type of phone is allowed in the house, and when BB10 comes out, we will all be upgrading.
    What type of BB does your dog have? Does he ever go over on data or mins?

Is this what your dog looks like?
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EzxdPrq6jw...te-loldogs.jpg
    kbz1960 and David in Durham like this.
    11-23-12 07:59 AM
    So far!

3 friends at work, my partner, and my Mum is now looking at Blackberries!
    Only had mine a week so check me out! lol
    11-23-12 08:06 AM
    That would be 0. Well my sister got a pb but hasn't even used it and now she is talking about selling it because she never uses it, not because she doesn't like it.
    11-23-12 08:40 AM
    What type of BB does your dog have? Does he ever go over on data or mins?

Is this what your dog looks like?
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EzxdPrq6jw...te-loldogs.jpg
    Converting to BlackBerry!!-dog-bb.jpg
    kbz1960 and xSt0rmTroop3Rx like this.
    11-23-12 12:22 PM
    My son a couple years ago, but he's since gone to an iphone. It's difficult to convert people to Blackberry right now. Most people I know have iphones.
    11-23-12 02:57 PM
    Convinced my brother to get a Bold 9900, which he loves, who in turn got one for his girlfriend. My father's contract is up in February, he's content with a feature phone but I might try and swing him towards a qwerty BB10 phone.
    11-23-12 03:16 PM
    My immediate family is on BB's (son, daughter, wife, brother) - but had to convert my parents to Samsung S3's -- they just could not get what they wanted with BB's right now. I do find it hard to recommend BB's to non-family members - because they want a lot of Entertainment items and are brainwashed to Apple. Funny though, when I ask what they like about apple - it is either specific App's (which all exist on Android, some on BB7), or the Apple animation. Yep - It is amazing how many people are wow'ed by Apple's animation of the OS. Apple is getting long in the tooth though, that one trick pony will soon be set aside for glue.
    xSt0rmTroop3Rx likes this.
    11-23-12 03:20 PM
    i converted my bro, father, girlfriend and mother but she had to go back to a feature phone after accidently running over her blackberry and one guy i worked with plus one person to a playbook

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    11-23-12 03:54 PM
    I have converted one person. I would never recommend iPhone (corporation ethics actually matter to me), maybe android or Windows Phone if I think BlackBerry really would not suit a person. But... I make sure all the Apple people around me get to hear some pro BlackBerry sentiment, as the media is sorely lacking it.
    11-24-12 10:00 AM
    My Sister In Law and I were discussint at lunch BlackBerry. She has a real old antique one, it still has the trackball and so I have been sending her youtube videos of the BlackBerry Flow, Keyboard and hopefully she will jump on board the Berry wagon. Her Husband has an Iphone, don't know which one and she says that he has been trying to get her to go Iphone, but BB does what she needs. Keep your fingers crossed that she stays a BlackBerry fan.
    11-24-12 02:15 PM
    No one yet, I've not tried. I'm waiting until I've got a BB10 phone to convert people.
    11-24-12 02:30 PM
    No one yet, I've not tried. I'm waiting until I've got a BB10 phone to convert people.
    True
    The phone if it's good will convert people by it's self by having strong selling features.
    11-25-12 01:13 AM
    Only the one! *so far*
    11-27-12 03:16 AM
    None and won't until BB10 comes out. If it proves to be what we think, I will gladly show people and let them decide.
    11-27-12 08:00 AM
    There is nothing worth converting to right now. Anyone would be foolish to convert now. Like it or not the current offerings from RIM offer no good reason to convert.

When 10 comes out then it will be worth converting to.
    11-27-12 08:44 AM
    I too find it hard to recommend a Blackberry (even the 9900) these days. It really depends on the person. My parents have just upgraded from feature flip phones to iPhone. I suggested the iPhone to them because I know they wanted something easy to use, play lots of games, and use certain apps. Its not even just an Apple over Blackberry thing, I wouldn't recommend an Android or Windows phone either because the OS would be too difficult for them.

Anytime my parents have an issue, I just tell them to press the one-and-only button on the phone. It will take you out of anything lol. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
    11-27-12 03:01 PM
    Update to the Sister In Law BB10 discussion.

Me: Hey, I hope you haven't decided to ditch BlackBerry because a new video has been posted showing off the BlackBerry L Series using BB10 but still in Beta as well as pictures. The QWERTY Keyboard Nevada version has not been leaked yet.

SOL: Tnks your so funny. I haven't ditched it yet! Will make a decision in next cpl weeks. Let ya know you should work for Blackberry prob cld boost their sales

I'm still going to try to convince her ya'll.
    12-12-12 05:50 PM