My old cell phone used to make the original tone for text message and the continuously beeped if i missed the message. I have a specific reason to have that continue with my new blackberry tour. i have searched everywhere to try and make this happen but as of yet have been unsuccessful. i am sure there must be a way but i can't figure it out. any one know if there is a way. any assistance would be appreciated?
    thanks in advance.
    01-17-10 11:12 AM
    BlackBerry devices only alert you for 15 minutes, then reset until the next new message. There's no way to change this with the native software, but there are 3rd party apps. BerryBuzz is one. There may be others as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 11:25 AM
    If you want to be continuously reminded of some alert, you will need 3rd party software. I think Berrybuzz may be one such app. I don't use any so there definitely may be others.
    01-17-10 11:26 AM
    I use BerryBuzz as I cannot miss any messages via email. I do tech support via email messages so a dropped email is not acceptable. I have 1 hour to respond to my customers by phone once I receive an email so the reminders are critical. BerryBuzz allows me to customize the original email notifier and the reminder and it works perfectly. I also have SMS, MMS, BBM, Phone Calls, and Tasks set up for reminders.
    01-17-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD