What is content store and how do I clear it?
    04-24-09 10:14 AM
    I believe it is a sort of cache for third party apps.

To clear it open up Desktop Manager and click on Backup and Restore. Click Advanced. In the databases list, scroll to and select Content Store. Click Clear.
    04-24-09 10:19 AM
    I believe it is a sort of cache for third party apps.

To clear it open up Desktop Manager and click on Backup and Restore. Click Advanced. In the databases list, scroll to and select Content Store. Click Clear.
    Is it safe to clear it?
    04-24-09 10:23 AM
    Is it safe to clear it?
    To be honest, I have no idea. The only reason I know about it is from a BlackBerry Review article I read a while back. I do know that that is something RIM recommends as a trouble shooting solution. View Document You can make a back up of it on your desktop before you clear it too. Just in case.
    04-24-09 10:51 AM
    I think I'll just leave it considering I have a 8900 and I have around 120MB free. I was really just wondering what it is.
    04-24-09 11:02 AM
    Most of the time, content store is a very small file, under 64 Kb. That is less then 1% of a Mb.

There have been cases reported, where content store has grown to a very large size. Anything over 500 Kb is big.

You can view the current size with: Options / Status. Press Menu and select Database Sizes.
    04-24-09 11:27 AM
    Most of the time, content store is a very small file, under 64 Kb. That is less then 1% of a Mb.

There have been cases reported, where content store has grown to a very large size. Anything over 500 Kb is big.

You can view the current size with: Options / Status. Press Menu and select Database Sizes.
    My content store is about 800Kb.
    04-24-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD