Hi all, after playing around and looking through the forum for a few hours I have given up. I hope you can help.

I have installed Blackberry Desktop Manager and backed up.

I thought, and perhaps wrongly, I could simply edit my contact info on my pc, save it, then restore to my BB. ie Under Jim Bloggs for example, add a phone number or email, save, and restore to BB from my PC.

Save me typing in hundreds of phone numbers.

I dont think I can, if anyone knows I way how to I would really appreciate it.

I do not want to import or mess around with Outlook, MSN contacts etc. I simply want to be able to update, or change my own personal contacts on my BB.

I have tried to open the .ipd back up file to see if I can edit, no luck there !

Many thanks, Karl.
    01-26-11 05:33 AM
    You can still use Desktop Manager and do an ASCII sync to your desktop. This will create a .csv file that you can open and edit in Excel. Then reverse the steps to get it back on your BB. Or a much simpler way... use Google Sync and sync your contacts with a Gmail account. Then you can edit or update anywhere you have internet access.

There was a program called ABC Amber that would let you open your .ipd file but it seems that company is no longer viable.
    01-26-11 06:21 AM
    RIM doesn't include a Personal Information Manager app. It's assumed you'll use Outlook, but many people sync to Google, which is a free alternative. Here's a link to ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor. I just checked and the app is still there.
    01-26-11 12:37 PM
    The app is still there but if you click on the Buy Now link, nothing happens. This was the problem for others from a few months ago. The demo is available but it only allows you to export 10 items at one time.
    01-26-11 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD