Just got a new 8330 in the mail to replace the old one which had a problem getting power from the battery. Even with a new, fully-charged battery it shows the "no battery" icon.

So, I haven't been the best at backing up contacts. Before I have to return my old phone -- any hope whatsoever that I may be able to save those contacts that are on a chip in there somewhere?
    10-21-09 04:03 PM
    You should be able to insert your old sim an pull the contacts from that sim to the new BB. Down side is I do not know of an easy way of adding them to the new sim from the BB. You might want to try taking it to a VZW store and see if they can copy the old sim and add them to the new sim. Some Sprint stores had a little yellow triangle device that would do this quickly and easily.
    10-21-09 04:24 PM
    8330 devices don't use sim cards.

And you never, ever made a backup? Unbelievable.

Have you tried DM to see if it detects the PIN?
    10-21-09 04:29 PM
    Made backups religiously on a corporate-issued laptop. A few weeks before my phone died, was issued a new corporate laptop and had to turn in the old one. The new laptop's Blackberry software did not function. I don't have permission to install software on that computer, so had to wait to get that done. It's a sad story. Next time I'll be backing up to my home computer.
    10-22-09 07:17 AM
    Or play it safe and sync your contact list to an offboard site like Google, where you can sync up and restore without a lot of headaches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD