Several questions..Trying to set a contact to have a particular ring tone. I went to address book, got the contact and set the ring tone. However it doesn't work when the person calls I get my default ring tone. Nor does it show up under "profiles" "advance options" "user active profile except for list" like all the other ones that I have exceptions for that do work.

If I try to set up the exception under the "profiles" area under "use active profile except for list" the person's name appears and still it doesn't work. I noticed that the list I do have under "profiles" says "calls from XXX" whereas if I try to set up the exception under "profiles" it just shows the persons name only.

Bottom line I'm trying to understand what I need to do to make it work and why the difference. According to the user's guide I should be able to go and do it from either area and they both should update.
    thanks..
    08-17-08 10:18 AM
    Is the area code part of your contact's info that you're trying to assign the exception to? You need the whole phone # area code included minus any symbols for the I'd to work.
    GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 10:59 AM
    yes area code is in there
    08-17-08 11:15 AM
    Is the checkbox next to their name checked? And is their name listed?

08-17-08 11:24 AM
    I completely reloaded in the phone and address information as I realized I had ( ) around the area code...however we just tested it and it still is not working. I took out the battery last night..I've been obsessing about this. For some reason I have others that seem to work and I'm pretty sure I did it from the address book and they show up in the profile section...any other ideas?
    08-17-08 11:48 AM
    For sure those symbols in the phone # will mess you up, does it even show up as an exception now? And did you delete the exception and readd after you got rid of the symbols, also try it in a different profile.

08-17-08 11:53 AM
    no it doesn't show up in the exception...sorry I didn't see this earlier...must need to refresh
    08-17-08 12:22 PM
    oh and yes...I deleted the entire address, reloaded, and it still doesn't show up in the profiles under exceptions..yet if you look under address and ring tone it shows it. And yes earlier I tried it with a different ring tone and it still didn't work. I am using the pre loaded ring tones. My other ring tones work fine
    08-17-08 12:25 PM
    Does the contact info show up right when they call or text you?
    Or does it just show as a phone #?

08-17-08 01:36 PM
    Had the same problem after upgrade to 4.5 os. The correct tone would show in phonebook but play default tone. In the profiles go into the advanced menu and select the person, hit the menu button and edit the ring tone associated with the name. This is what worked for me.
    08-18-08 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD