switching from one pearl to another. need to transfer my address book over to the new one. problem is that the usb port on the old on does not work well enough for me to use the functions available within DM to do it. i got 95% of the way through but the connection dropped. the port is F'd!!

is there anyway to save the address book file to my memory card. then import into the new pearl??

vzw user.. no sim card..

help please! searched around here and can't seem to be able to find a way to do this. heading to vzw now...

TIA!!

moral of the story is that i should have backed my pearl up when i first started having issues.. will in the future!!
    12-20-08 12:18 PM
    Email to the rescue, that is what BlackBerry does best.

Open each contact, press Menu / Send as Attachment. Collect them on a workstation computer to retrive the contents. VCF is the file type, Outlook's contact file.

You have to do them individualy, but the more you recover the better the return on effort.
    12-20-08 12:30 PM
    Also, if you have an online account or open one at verizonwireless.com they'll back up your contacts for free. Usually it 1.99 a month. All you have to do is create an account with your name and phone number and VOILA...

hope it helps!
    12-20-08 12:52 PM
    You can get a Gmail account and then install Google Sync, which will transfer all your contact info into Gmail. Then use Google Sync on the new phone to sync them back down again.
    12-20-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD