Are there any multi-platform apps to sync contact and calendar besides google sync?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-05-12 11:17 PM
    MS outlook works great for me.
    08-06-12 12:17 AM
    Are there any multi-platform apps to sync contact and calendar besides google sync?

When you say multi-platform, do you mean blackberry devices (hand held and playbook), or you mean blackberry, android, apple?
    08-06-12 10:28 AM

And, do you mean "over the air", as opposed to hooking up the USB cable to your computer and syncing with Outlook directly?
    08-06-12 10:52 AM
    When you say multi-platform, do you mean blackberry devices (hand held and playbook), or you mean blackberry, android, apple?

I carry a 9900, an iphone 4s and a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. Just looking for an app that could sync all my contacts and calendar over the air. Google sync works perfect for me but I have seen rumours that google sync will no longer support BBs, thats why I am looking for an alternative.

08-06-12 07:28 PM
    I carry a 9900, an iphone 4s and a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. Just looking for an app that could sync all my contacts and calendar over the air. Google sync works perfect for me but I have seen rumours that google sync will no longer support BBs, thats why I am looking for an alternative.
    I've been using "Spanning Sync", for syncing Mac iCal/Contacts and Google, which has been flawless. This one cost me $25 or so IIRC. There are other better solutions but cost a bit more. No free apps AFAIK.
    08-06-12 07:35 PM

Actually, the native BB email over BIS can handle OTA syncing with Google mail and calender (can't remember about contacts), and has had that ability for several years. That's why Google decided to stop doing it themselves. Lots of users swear by it. But then others are happier with the Google sync app, so it depends on your experience.

I personally don't know either way as I don't do Google, and plan to never use it for as long as I can.
    08-06-12 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD