hopefully the new bb slider will come with google play store, just like with amazon...it would be perfect for bb10..

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 12:14 PM
    If you hold a Samsung S5 and a Classic or Passport, u will understand.

Posted via Classic
    Samsung devices are designed to be lightweight. It doesn't mean they're cheap. If they were cheap then the casing would crack or bend and the prongs would break off of the battery cover. When I got my Z10 I was amazed at how similar it felt to my S3. The battery cover on both were just thin plastic only with different textures. I also find that LG has taken some design cues from Samsung. Other manufacturers have more solid offerings. HTC, for example, always used a mix of metal and plastic and has lately moved to mostly metal.

Also, if anything the Passport has shown that the heft of a device doesn't always correlate with quality. You don't see screens lifting off of Samsung phones, right?
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 03-07-15 at 04:52 PM.
    donnation likes this.
    03-07-15 12:16 PM
    Android is open source. A lot of code already available. BlackBerry has already made a lot of BlackBerry apps available for Android. There would be minimal coding that BlackBerry would have to do. BBM already works. They are bringing calendar, hub,etc. Why not just build a Android device and try to make some consumer money? Just don't call it a BlackBerry.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Passport
    And why would someone buy this non BlackBerry branded BlackBerry device over a Samsung or HTC? BlackBerry clearly can't make better hardware for cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 12:28 PM
    When I got my Z10 I was amazed at how similar it felt to my Z10.
    Consumer device-imageuploadedbycb-forums1425762510.870755.jpg
    03-07-15 03:08 PM
    try samsung galaxy s6 and s6 edge LOL
    U just reminded me of my kids when they were checking the Edge out. They were like "what???". Since I have two teens, it is fascinating to see how tech is so integrated in their lives.

Posted via Classic
    03-07-15 03:53 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1425762510.870755.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	339556
    Lmao!!! Fixed .
    03-07-15 04:52 PM
    Samsung devices are designed to be lightweight. It doesn't mean they're cheap. If they were cheap then the casing would crack or bend and the prongs would break off of the battery cover. When I got my Z10 I was amazed at how similar it felt to my S3. The battery cover on both were just thin plastic only with different textures. I also find that LG has taken some design cues from Samsung. Other manufacturers have more solid offerings. HTC, for example, always used a mix of metal and plastic and has lately moved to mostly metal.

Also, if anything the Passport has shown that the heft of a device doesn't always correlate with quality. You don't see screens lifting off of Samsung phones, right?
    We have a samsung S5. Camera is broken after one fall. I am speaking from experience having owned (and still do) many Samsung devices, from 2 TVs to multiple phones as well as the tablet. I think the S5 will be the last one that our family will invest in.

Posted via Classic
    03-07-15 09:03 PM
    U just reminded me of my kids when they were checking the Edge out. They were like "what???". Since I have two teens, it is fascinating to see how tech is so integrated in their lives.

Posted via Classic
    "Whaat???" in a good way or negative meaning? Hahaha

Curiousity and eagerness to keep update with digilife is a good thing

Sabbe Satta Bhavantu Sukitatta - Posted via CB
    03-08-15 01:13 AM
    I would never get it. BB10 has me sold on swiping. As for the name of the device?

How about calling it a Brownberry because...well...you know.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 01:36 AM
    +1

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    03-08-15 01:55 AM
    Blackberry making android devices but can't call it a blackberry? Sound like they had been ashamed of their brand while making androids and jus gave up on the bb10 os, after all that work and money they put up, to suddenly flock around google.

Nah its a bad idea

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 06:57 AM
    do you want return, menu and home bottom keys on your BB phone? i don't...
    03-08-15 09:49 AM
    "Whaat???" in a good way or negative meaning? Hahaha

Curiousity and eagerness to keep update with digilife is a good thing

Sabbe Satta Bhavantu Sukitatta - Posted via CB
    More like confused, lol. I love tech and devices. Wish I had the resources to buy multiple devices just to play with them. That would be sweet.

Posted via Classic
    03-08-15 09:54 AM
    Troy Tiscareno explained that BlackBerry can only go ONE of :

BB10 - Native, Forked as in BB10 (present) , or certified Android

"The entire purpose of the OHA is to protect Google, and to make sure that, despite Android being open-source, that manufacturers can't use Android to directly compete against Google. It does this by not letting manufacturers have access to important Google resources (Google Play Store, Google Services Framework, and development support for the Google OS) unless that manufacturer becomes an OHA member and thus agrees to certain conditions. One of those conditions is that they may not manufacture, for themselves, a subsidy they own, or as an OEM for another company, any devices that use a forked (aka non-Google-Certified) version of Android. And just to make it clear, per Google's definition, BB10 is an Android fork, as it contains Android code - if BB10 removed the Android Runtime, then BB10 would no longer have any OHA-related restrictions. That's how Samsung and HTC can build Windows Phones but not BB10 phones."
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 03-08-15 at 12:20 PM.
    03-08-15 11:00 AM
39 12