I was looking at my BB this afternoon and noticed the battery is draining rather quickly today. Also, the Tx/Rx arrows keep flashing in the upper-right corner. So, I decided to check my log (Alt-LGLG) and this is what I am seeing:

a net.rim.ippp - RxCd 32779
    a net.rim.ippp - RxCd 841
    a net.rim.ippp - RxCd 8203
    a net.rim.ippp - RxCd 218

If I press the space bar to switch to view the time for each entry, there are 2 to 4 entries for just about every second. The longest gap between records is about five seconds, but that isn't very often. Even after a battery pull, I'm still seeing the same level of communication without running any apps.

Anyone else notice a lot of Tx/Rx activity today? Maybe RIM is pushing something out to our devices? It just seems odd to me to have that much constant communication going on between my BB and RIM.
    06-15-09 06:44 PM
    Maybe you have an application running in the background that sucks up a lot of data?
    06-15-09 07:05 PM
    That's just it. I didn't. Nothing was streaming, there weren't any TX records. It was all just incoming data, even immediately after a battery pull (so no apps could be running in the background).

I ended up turning off my BB for about 15 minutes. When I turned it back on , the constant RX stopped. Just seemed very odd to have all this data being sent to my BB without any apps running in the background.
    06-15-09 08:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD