I have a blackberry 8900 and another phone that I use interchangeably so I remove and replace the sim card in the phones often, almost daily. Would this mess up my blackberry? I notice that taking the sim card out of the 8900 is very stiff and hard, I'm worried about damaging the pins

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 02:49 PM
    no just be gentel between replacing between the phones. i switch my devices all the time. i have had to replace my sim card pretty often. once every few months.
    01-17-10 03:19 PM
    Nope not at all I do this all the time, just be gentle. But I also know exactly what you're talking about with the 8900. IMO that's the hardest phone to take a SIM card out for
    01-17-10 04:21 PM
    I think I can tie this question into this thread without starting a new one.

I washed my Blackberry Bold 9700 in my workout pants. WHOOPS! I realized after it was submerged under water for two minutes as the water was filling up. Anyway, the 9700 was quickly fried.

So while I have insurance and have to wait for my new phone, I went to an AT&T store and had them switch my sim out of my 9700 Bold back into my old 8310. I was able to talk on my phone for about 10 minutes until I got static noise and it died on me. I let the phone sit (and cool down) for a little while, then took out the battery, reset it, then started it up again. It worked again until I used my phone for about 10 minutes again, then I got that static noise and it died.

The battery level keeps dropping real fast (from full battery to about 1/4 left) in about that 10 minute mark (only when I'm using the phone).

Aside from this phone being old and not being used for a couple months, do you think the problem I'm having could have anything to do with using a 3g sim card in an old non-3g phone?
    01-29-10 12:25 AM
    The SIM won't be a problem. Leaving a battery idle for a few months is consistent with the short service life you are seeing, and the distortion is typical of a battery about to die. IMO the problem is simply an old battery which has finally died.
    01-29-10 07:26 AM
    Thanks, Branta! I'll concentrate my efforts on getting a new battery, while I await my new BOLD to arrive. Again, thanks for your input.
    01-29-10 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD