I've searched the forums here and google, and couldn't find a fix to this, so I apologize if it's somewhere else already.

I'd been getting a "connector specific error" message when syncing ever since I "upgraded" to Vista. Fixed it tonight so I can sync my contacts to my BB.

In Desktop Manager, go into your synchronization settings. Click "advanced", then find "map fields" towards the bottom of the window that opens. I believe the problem was with the contact photos, since Windows Contacts was trying to push photos onto contacts that I hadn't added any to. I unselected to sync photos (click the arrow between them), along with several others that I don't use. It synced right away on my next attempt.

If anybody has problems, I can dig into this a little more.
    01-22-09 05:43 AM
    I just updated to DM V4.5 and had a nuked BB so I had to reload everything. I was getting scared because I kept getting the same error. I googled and found a lot of people saying this or that. Unchecking the Photo arrows did the trick! Who would have thought that something so simple would be causing a huge issue.

Thanks Miller!!
    02-24-09 12:37 AM
    It worked for me too, BUT.....What if you want to add the photos from Windows to your BB?
    03-06-09 05:06 AM
    And why would the error occur all of a sudden?
    03-06-09 02:26 PM
    I can't even find the advanced tab in sync.
    03-06-09 05:31 PM
    Was having the same problem lost all 75 contact. I unselected photo. Worked great follow millers instructions.
    04-17-09 06:41 PM
    WOW..... this worked perfectly.. THANK YOU!!!
    05-06-09 07:33 PM
    Thank you so much for the advice. Was about to throw the little guy in the pool. First I added a single contact photo that seemed to replicated itself. solved that by deleting the photo from "my pictures" file on my desktop computer (where it apparently went on a syncronization from device to computer), but then lost all contacts that had the "virus" photo when I went to sync again. Now all my contacts are back on the BB, sans photo, and I am ever so grateful.
    05-31-09 02:33 PM
    I have been trying to figure this out for a long while! Thanks so much for the info!
    06-15-09 05:59 PM
    Thanks, that worked great on my 8900
    07-19-09 02:19 AM
    Ahhh. This worked for me :] I switched from an 8900 to Bold.
    Except I don't have Vista but it worked
    Thanks.
    08-23-09 12:38 AM
    thanks a lott !!..it workss..great
    09-02-09 02:00 PM
    thanks for your info...
    it helps a lot..
    09-02-09 02:33 PM

I'd been getting a "connector specific error" message when syncing ever since I "upgraded" to Vista. Fixed it tonight so I can sync my contacts to my BB.

In Desktop Manager, go into your synchronization settings. Click "advanced", then find "map fields" towards the bottom of the window that opens. I believe the problem was with the contact photos, since Windows Contacts was trying to push photos onto contacts that I hadn't added any to. I unselected to sync photos (click the arrow between them), along with several others that I don't use. It synced right away on my next attempt.
    Thanks so much for this info!! I kept getting this error and when I called tech support, I was told something else and it wiped out my entire address book from my Blackberry! then they told me to remove BB Desktop Manager and download a newer version. My BB is brand new!!! Anyway, I didn't do what they said; I went to google and typed in my problem and found your info. I tried it and it worked great. I just added the pics from my media card in the phone and everything is fine now!!! Thanks so much!
    09-06-09 03:31 PM
    wow....now at 11pm after working on this since 6 pm it worked!!!!! This phone was about to get flushed. Still miss my iphone though not this much trouble to sync.
    09-24-09 09:59 PM
    I've searched the forums here and google, and couldn't find a fix to this, so I apologize if it's somewhere else already.

I just want to say that I love you. For months I have been getting this error with my 8900. I have tried EVERYTHING...and I do mean everything to try and fix this. I was completely convinced that the issue was in my device. I got a Bold today and the same error occured. Needless to say I was furious. As a last ditch attempt, I checked the forums and google again and found your solution and it worked. Thank you, thank you!
    10-10-09 11:23 PM
    I have been trying to figure this out for a long time. Thanks. It worked great.
    11-03-09 09:28 PM

Worked like a charm. Thanks!
    11-04-09 09:21 PM
    hrmmmm.. I did this again, and still, I get the connector specific error. I don't understand. Anyone have any ideas why else i could be getting this error?

I had to reformat my laptop and I added Windows XP (Dual boot). It does it with Outlook on XP and it does it with Windows Contacts on Vista.

Thanks for all the help!
    01-24-10 08:11 PM
    HELP! i read what miller2401 posted (copied below) and got all psyched because others had writtten that it worked and fixed their problem. i tried it and it isn't fixing my problem. when i am syncing, and even just syncing my contacts, i get the connector error after it has gone through all my contacts. my fiance's BB 8310 synced up just fine, but mine is still coming up with that 'connector specific error'
    i can't even back it up in a file

any help is GREATLY appreciated ( i need to sync my bb bold 9000 before i can switch over to my new bb 9700, i've added a lot of contacts since i synced up last and i don't want to lose them. HELP!!!!!!!

in response to
    miller2401

In Desktop Manager, go into your synchronization settings. Click "advanced", then find "map fields" towards the bottom of the window that opens. I believe the problem was with the contact photos, since Windows Contacts was trying to push photos onto contacts that I hadn't added any to. I unselected to sync photos (click the arrow between them), along with several others that I don't use. It synced right away on my next attempt
    03-27-10 02:59 AM
    I did this and it got rid of the connector specific error but it did something strange. It duplicated multiple contacts for some reason. The only difference I can see between them is the occupation. John Smith will have no occupation and John Smith (1) will have an occupation. Everything else will be identical. I was going to just delete the contacts off of windows and resync to bring them over from the phone but it duplicated them in the phone as well. Now I will be manually deleting them and I have over 300 contacts.... awesome! Anyone know what went wrong or what I can do to fix this? I am willing to bet that it is something with facebook because I didn't know any of these peoples occupations.
    04-11-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD