Hi!
    My bb 8100 have "Connecting to Bootrom error",
    23 10111 Flash Initialization Problem (*Tip: try replacing flash).

I have read all the aviliable info about this problem, but it seems there is no easy solution.

Problem description:
    Impossible to update firmware, to get any device info, or to use any special utilities (mml, cfp). During any operation you see "Connection to Bootrom", end then -- error. The Balckberry starts to blink like flash, pause, flash, flash, flash.
    Any computer, any OS -- the same.

So, may be someone know the solution besides hardware repair?
    I noted many have such proplem, but nobody posted the solution.

My 8100 can load OS. But wireless do not work, and when i try to update firmware, i get the "Connecting to Bootrom error".
    06-14-09 11:28 AM
    Try deleting, then reinstalling both DM and device software back on your computer. See if JL_Cmndr recognizes your device. If so, wipe it then reinstall device software. If not, just try to instal device software.
    06-14-09 11:49 AM
    JL_Cmder give such info:
    Hardware Id: 0x84000d03
    PIN: 0x25180063
    OS Version: 0x0
    VM Version: 0x4050025
    Radio ID: 0x0
    Vendor ID: 120
    Active WAFs: 0x0
    OS Metrics: ....

I wiped device using JL_Cmder, then i got that 10111 blinking, than after battary replacing i got 507 error. As before, it is impossible to reinstall OS. For today this Blackberry is Brickberry.

It seems it is hardware problem -- bootrom flash. May be someone has experience of replacing flash memory? Where should i find it?
    06-15-09 10:07 AM
    I would suspect they mean the internal flash ROM which means you aren't going to replace it. You need a new phone.

Sometimes flash ROM has errors in it, it happens. It may not be evident right away as well hence the need for warranties. If you can do the warranty replacement thing with your phone then go for it, you have a legitimate problem.
    06-15-09 10:09 AM
    Thanks,
    i think there is no way to fix the device and i need a new phone.
    06-15-09 11:05 AM
    My suggestion wasn't full proof, but it was worth a shot. I would hate to hear that someone bagged n' tagged their device without trying a little CPR on it first. Like Radius said though, if the flash ROM is jacked, then your device is definitely a paper weight now.
    06-15-09 01:10 PM
    I have a very similar problem to this with a Storm 9350 but my visual blinking sequence is flash pause flash flash flash flash (101111). In another post that gives error codes for different blinking sequences the two errors are:

10111-Flash Initialization Problem (*Tip: try replacing flash)

101111-Flash Write Failure (*Tip: try replacing flash)

Mine will not communicate with a computer no matter what I do including jl cmder or loader with the /nojvm tag. This all happened after I entered an unlock code into the phone which was accepted fine without any problem. I took the battery out to insert a different sim and the phone blinked this code ever since. I just don't get what the heck could have happened! The phone had absolutely no issues!
    06-15-09 08:13 PM
    Anyone know if there has been a simple way found out to solve this?? has happened to my week old BOLD 9000, but purchased it on Ebay new so cant even just contact o2 :\. please help. dont want to have wasted my money...

Lee
    05-10-10 03:12 PM
    same issue? any results?
    09-12-13 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD