Hey guys, I am not a BES admin but I have a question for you guys.

I am using desktop manager 4.7, and am using it on my company computer that is connected to my exchange server. The desktop manager shows it is online with the messaging system, and I can execute functional changes to things like filters and email signature. Here is my problem though (and it is probably just my mis-understanding): I cannot reconnect to the bes using desktop manager after an OS update. Everytime I switch devices or I update the OS I need to get a hold of my BES admin and request a new password for wireless activation. I thought that my computer was supposed to automatically do that! Is it not supposed to? If it is supposed to, why isn't it? It is frustrating for me because I am in outside sales and rely on my phone. Our BES admin has other duties here as well, and is understandably slow sometimes in issuing a new password, all the while I am without functionality. Plus, I know it is getting on his nerves with me asking for new password as often as I do.

Do you guys know how I can reactivate on the BES using desktop manager???

Thanks,

Dan.
    12-01-08 11:04 AM
    I've read here that IF you keep your device connected to Desktop manager via USB after performing an upgrade or OS change that it will activate again after about a half hour. This is assuming you're on the same network as your BES server. I am and I've tried it twice now and it doesn't seem to work for me but I know others have been successful in not having to grovel for the BES Admin to issue another Enterprise Activation.
    12-01-08 01:03 PM
    I've read here that IF you keep your device connected to Desktop manager via USB after performing an upgrade or OS change that it will activate again after about a half hour. This is assuming you're on the same network as your BES server. I am and I've tried it twice now and it doesn't seem to work for me but I know others have been successful in not having to grovel for the BES Admin to issue another Enterprise Activation.
    That is what I keep hearing, but I can't make it work. Maybe I just need to leave it connected to the computer for longer.
    12-01-08 02:02 PM
    I left mine connected for 35 minutes one time and 45 the next. Both times were counted after the upgrade had fully completed and rebooted by itself. Sure would be nice if that worked.
    12-01-08 02:52 PM
    Do I understand what is being said here correctly...?

If I am connected to BES and do an upgrade, I must contact my BES admin to get enterprise activation resent?!?
    12-01-08 03:03 PM
    Yes you need to contact your BES admin or IT tech people to have them set a new password for your Enterprise Activation. it only takes about 10 minutes for it to do everything it needs to do.
    12-01-08 03:40 PM
    The BES does NOT automatically see your BB, IF it did then your BES admin would be spending all day kicking people off of it that do not belong on it.
    The BES uses licenses to keep track of how many people are on it at a time, that is why you have to have a password to reactivate after doing an OS upgrade.
    12-01-08 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD