Hi

I'm looking for some help and I am hoping I can find it here. The Curve 8520 is my first Blackberry (I brought it Sim Free) so I am a complete Newbie to all of this.

So, what I want to do is connect to my home and work Wifi (BT Home Hub/BT business) with my BB via Opera Mini without getting charged by my carrier, O2. I think it should be possible and some research on some forums show that its possible on older models but there is nothing relating to the 8520.

Is it possible? If it is can some tell me in an 'idiots step by step guide?'

I would be grateful. Thanks

Crusty
    09-28-09 02:26 AM
    Yep it works just fine. You can't get bb app world. Just got to manage connections and set up wifi and it walks you through it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 12:19 PM
    Should be easy.
    Manage Connections
    Set up Wifi.
    Search for your home hub and it shud prompt for Network Key (make sure you know the Key/PSK etc)
    Type in key and hey presto!

Then go to Options, Advanced options and Browser settings. Set default browser to Hotspot browser so it will connect to wifi and not network data!
    Alternatively, access browser then bb button and settings, general properties.

Hope this helps

09-28-09 12:21 PM
    If you are still having issues check out the Wifi Guide in my signature.
    09-28-09 01:14 PM
    If your with tmobile n you do not have the hotspot @ home package make sure you go to mobile network option and change it to "mobile network only". That way you won't be using uma

09-28-09 01:49 PM
    How do you set wifi up with opera mini beta 5?

Thanks in advance.
    09-28-09 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD