I have a z10 and love it, best phone by far.

In the top right corner you will get different symbols that show what kind of connection you are getting from your your carrier. I have seen so many symbols I don't understand them. The last three are what confuses me. And why does it have a capital letter and then a small letter at times?

LTE
    lte
    4G
    4g
    E
    G
    And a symbol that looks like a phone that has something red beside it.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 11:08 AM
    Capital letters indicate a data connection.
    E would be Edge and G is either GSM or GPRS.

If you have a phone icon with with a red exclamation mark next to it; indicates that you have turned off mobile data on your phone.

Edit: sorry, phone with red mark indicates you are only getting phone services on your device.
    04-12-13 11:12 AM
    Sometimes I get a weird oval like symbol on the top left next to my alarm symbol. Why and what is that

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:13 PM
    Sometimes I get a weird oval like symbol on the top left next to my alarm symbol. Why and what is that

Posted via CB10
    That means location services are enabled and your phone got a location fix.
    04-12-13 12:15 PM

Edit: sorry, phone with red mark indicates you are only getting phone services on your device.
    Not quite. The "phone with red mark" indicates you can only make emergency calls. This will occur if the phone cannot be associated to your network (due to network congestion, extremely poor reception, etc..) but can see other networks and will allow you to make emergency calls.

By emergency calls, I mean 911 or equivalent in your region.
    04-12-13 12:18 PM
    Not quite. The "phone with red mark" indicates you can only make emergency calls. This will occur if the phone cannot be associated to your network (due to network congestion, extremely poor reception, etc..) but can see other networks and will allow you to make emergency calls.

By emergency calls, I mean 911 or equivalent in your region.
    I have to disagree. If the phone can only make emergency calls then it will show a red SOS.
    04-12-13 12:49 PM
    I have to disagree. If the phone can only make emergency calls then it will show a red SOS.
    It usually says "Emergency Call" where my service provider would normally be whenever the phone with red exclamation point shows up.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:55 PM
    It should all be explained in detail in your carriers full manual for the Z10. I downloaded mine from T-Mobile.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-12-13 12:59 PM
    I think we are talking about two different icons.

I've seen two different icons on my phone: a white phone with a red exclamation mark just to the right of it, and a red phone with red network bars.

The first one I got in a mall near my house with really bad reception. I wanted to test out the mall's wifi so I turned off Data Services for my network and logged on to the mall's wifi.

I got the wifi arcs and the white phone with red exclamation mark for icons.

The second icon I got in the basement level of another mall. Only Rogers gets a signal down there and I'm on Telus.
    04-12-13 01:04 PM