i know that Verizon is not a GSM service and that is part of the reason they have so few phones.

I got the Curve 8330 i think. But been itching for the Bold.

I am a layman when it comes to this, so sometimes when i read these threads some things go over my head. So make things simple, is there going to be another phone for Verizon besides the Tour. Is the Tour equal to the Bold and in which way. Is the Onyx coming out. And is it worth leaving Verizon for a different Black Berry.
    08-30-09 11:19 PM
    i know that Verizon is not a GSM service and that is part of the reason they have so few phones.

I got the Curve 8330 i think. But been itching for the Bold.

I am a layman when it comes to this, so sometimes when i read these threads some things go over my head. So make things simple, is there going to be another phone for Verizon besides the Tour. Is the Tour equal to the Bold and in which way. Is the Onyx coming out. And is it worth leaving Verizon for a different Black Berry.
    The Bold is the top of the line GSM blackberry.
    The Tour is the top of the line CDMA blackberry.
    Some will disagree, but, Bold is better than the tour.

Onyx is GSM, so it will not work on Verizons CDMA network.

Short term, Verizon will probably get Storm 2. Maybe an updated curve.

As for leaving your Carrier, thats a personal choice.
    08-30-09 11:27 PM
    It also depends on your coverage area. Verizon has a much bigger coverage area in the US, and the best in my experience of having connection to the internet and calling. The tour is good, but the bold is a sturdier phone. A good mix of both is the curve for verizon. I would say it mostly depends on how good your coverage is on AT&T compared to verizon
    08-30-09 11:34 PM
    So what specs of the Tour, Bold, Onyx the same or you cant compare a CDMA phone with a GSM phone.
    08-30-09 11:38 PM
    08-31-09 12:13 AM
    It depends how good AT&T coverage you have in your area because the onyx looks like a great phone but I've heard of a lot of people having trouble with the service

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 08:44 AM
    If you can find a map of the 3g network coverages and pick the best, IMO since were talking about smart phones it really needs to have a huge area especially if you ever leave your town which most people with smart phones do.
    09-04-09 11:47 AM
    You can usaully try one out for a 14 day or 30 day trial.
    09-16-09 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD