I chose to make this post here because I felt it was relevant, if not, please move it my dear mods and accept my apollogy.

I realize I can only destroy any chances of respectability by asking this, but isn't this site and these forums for people who love and support Blackberry? I lurk and read far more often here than chime in because I rarely find anything I want to say, but I'm just lost on why people often post here praising the merits of Android or iPhone and as quickly give a list of reasons they don't want or see a future in Blackberrys. Isn't doing something like that....well, how about if I were to join the Pittsburgh Steelers forum to talk about how much i love a different team and trash the Steelers at the same time, or say I joined a Chevy Motors forum to talk only about how much I love Ford and how many negatives I can find with Chevy.

I guess I don't understand what I should be seeing this site as. What exactly is the sense of joining Crackberry if you don't have the said addiction?

Blackberry; I love you. It is possible for people to form an emotion based bond to a piece of tech. I feel I'm here because I have hope for RIM and believe in Blackberry. I thought people who feel as I do is why Crackberry exists. What is the deal?

/end rant

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    EnnEnn, Jake Storm and JackJerry like this.
    06-30-11 07:09 AM
    Ok, edited the title since it said "onfused".

Now to your OP. Android devices & the iPhone will be brought up all across the forum because they are relevant in the smartphone world. One could argue that one or a combination of both of them are the best on the market since they are purchased the most around the world and here in the states.

You also have to understand that there are many here who have been die hard BlackBerry addicts for years. And frankly they're fed up with the current state of where the BlackBerry is. And RIM's lack of product development. Said company also reads many of the posts here and people feel the need to express their opinions. We're all here because we love BlackBerry's. However it's just not that black & white regarding everything else surrounding them.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-30-11 07:17 AM
    Yea, I think nitpicking and complaining about certain aspects of Blackberries on here perhaps will give RIM notice on what the consumers want to see improved.

I guess complaints for iPhones can go to LoopInsight. But I sort of know what the OP is saying, many on here will go on like why even own a BB, which I also start to wonder, if you dislike the platform that much, why are you posting here to begin with?

But posting on the strengths and weaknesses of any platform, I welcome, it helps me find the right fit for what I want in a phone too. So when my contract is up, I have a pretty good idea of what I want.
    06-30-11 07:31 AM
    Yep a lot of bb users that have moved on to something else. I enjoy the threads that create real debate and discussion but the ones that turn into my dog is better than your dog get old or the ones who only want to convert you to their side because after all they are on the right side.

I think RIM knows that if they want to stay relevant in the consumer market they need to make changes. If they really do peek in here from time to time they know that all too well. I also think they shouldn't stray too far away from what makes them or use to make them popular, another tough act to do.
    06-30-11 08:01 AM
    Also - there ARE things that other platforms do better. It'd be foolish to pretend otherwise.
    A superphone for me would have BB's platform, the iPhone's display, and the Atrix media. That said, the BB communication and platform is what I love.

kbz1960 likes this.
    06-30-11 08:15 AM
    (Sorry mod, still trying to improve my mobile typing skills.)

Decent points guys, regarding venting and hoping RIM gets wind of the such. I'm not exactly talking about ignoring the rest of the smartphone world, but I guess its a fine line between comparing and trashing when you're looking at it from the side of the fence being hammered.

In any event, cheers.

06-30-11 09:25 AM
    I agree on the non-hammering!!!!

06-30-11 10:59 AM
    I agree. I am always a bit confused when I see the countless threads about bashing something RIM is doing or bashing a certain device. This forum is supposed to be about helping people out with problems they may be facing, not about complaining about a device that they aren't 100% thrilled with.
    06-30-11 11:59 AM
    A lot of the BB "haters" on this forum were once BB lovers, but after putting up with a constant lack of innovation they've built a sort of resentment towards RIM. They moved on to new devices, and when they see or hear about BB they think of what could have been or how they wish RIM would have innovated faster so they could still be using a BB.
    06-30-11 12:30 PM
    A lot of the BB "haters" on this forum were once BB lovers, but after putting up with a constant lack of innovation they've built a sort of resentment towards RIM. They moved on to new devices, and when they see or hear about BB they think of what could have been or how they wish RIM would have innovated faster so they could still be using a BB.
    Maybe, move all those threads? Way down to the bottom of Crackberry? I really believe the trolling trash needs a containment section. Posting rants on Crackberry will not create any changes at RIM, no matter how many rants get posted here.

Jake Storm likes this.
    06-30-11 01:28 PM
    A containment section.
    That one gave me a small laugh. Its like "Welcome to an all Blackberry all the time site. We have a section for those you who hate or want nothing further to do with Blackberry where you can take the time to write and post to your heart's content about something you do not care about or use in the first place. Even though this site is dedicated specifically to Blackberry and those who support it, don't forget to sign up so you can talk about how every other non-related device is better!"

This is just how I see it. And as I said, it can sometimes be a challenge to discern what is a conversation about a specific shortcoming or set of shortcomings vs trashing it because it's just so "now".

Posted from my CrackBerry while laying down getting ready to take a nap before work at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-11 02:07 PM
    How about a "Rant Room" section, so they can mingle and share their opinions without having to deal with any positive Blackberry threads?

06-30-11 02:37 PM
    I love my Blackberry, but I am confused on certain aspects of it. As I try to make the transtion from being a Blackberry user to a more technology savy Blackberry user, I can't help but compare my inability to synch my phone vs. how easy I found it to sync my wife's Iphone on the same computer. I feel I can love my device while still being mature enough to point out something that I find very obvious: I am not good at making my phone work with my computer. That's all. I still won't switch phones.
    06-30-11 03:22 PM
    I love my Blackberry, but I am confused on certain aspects of it. As I try to make the transtion from being a Blackberry user to a more technology savy Blackberry user, I can't help but compare my inability to synch my phone vs. how easy I found it to sync my wife's Iphone on the same computer. I feel I can love my device while still being mature enough to point out something that I find very obvious: I am not good at making my phone work with my computer. That's all. I still won't switch phones.
    You don't fall into the Troll category. Asking for help is totally allowable. But the Trolls look for any thread to give users their opinion that you should give up on Blackberrys!

06-30-11 03:27 PM
    How about a "Rant Room" section, so they can mingle and share their opinions without having to deal with any positive Blackberry threads?

I think that's a perfect solution.

This is an open forum and, as long as people are civil, I see nothing wrong with ranting a bit about our Blackberries. As others have said, most of us have used both BB and non-BB so we can compare and contrast. It's only when the name calling and hate start that I want to run the other way. No platform is perfect, use the one YOU choose.
    06-30-11 03:49 PM
    What exactly are you trying to sync? Maybe we can help.

06-30-11 03:50 PM
    Honestly, there is so much ******** and whining on Crackberry Nation because some guys feel their "old sweetheart Blackberry" is not turning out to be the girl they always thought she was. Its a piece of plastic and glass. A tool. Like it or leave it. When you cry about it, it just makes you seem weird and like you have no friends.
    06-30-11 04:09 PM
    I think CX said it best. There are quite a few trolls, but most of us are being critical because, well, RIM needs people to be critical of them. If all of us just had the "oh well, whatever they do is fine by me" attitude, they would be in even bigger trouble than they are now. The more we speak up, the more hope there is of them turning things around and again becoming the company that we loved.

And I'm not afraid to talk about the shortcomings of the others either. But, for now, BlackBerry just wasn't cutting it for me. When they get there again, I will probably be back.
    06-30-11 07:30 PM
    Read Kevin's post about people cluttering up Crackberry with negative remarks:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/clea...-trash-609572/

06-30-11 08:00 PM
    i agree with the OP here... this is one of the reason why i do not post much... because there is nothing good ppl say anymore...

when i see threads that are genuinely asking for help, and see someone post saying just get an android or iphone... really... that **** turns me away and makes me not want to come back here
    06-30-11 08:53 PM

Now to your OP. Android devices & the iPhone will be brought up all across the forum because they are relevant in the smartphone world. One could argue that one or a combination of both of them are the best on the market since they are purchased the most around the world and here in the states.
    A combination of 2 completely different platforms from 2 different companies sell more phones combined than RIM and that means they are the best?
    06-30-11 09:05 PM
    A combination of 2 completely different platforms from 2 different companies sell more phones combined than RIM and that means they are the best?
    Well gee, I bet McDonald's sells twice as many ?burgers? As Wendys and Burger King, but does that make them better? Marketing, marketing.... Who's loving it?
    (adding to your thought)
    07-01-11 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD