I have a BB 9810 and I am wanting to upgrade to the new Z10, Have been following lots of the news about the Z10 and some of the things I am hearing and seeing is making me start to wonder about some things. 1) I am been following SA a lot, and was just reading today about BB thinking about selling off the parts of BB, the manufactering (sp) and some of the software to either China or other companies? 2) Looking at some of the post on the Iphone forums here on CB, I dont see as much arguring back and forth with the IPhone. 3) It seem to me BB is losing lots of business to different companies like Home Depot, DOD. so to me it just dont sound real good for BB. 4) Seem like BB is having lots of software issues, that the IT or RD guys or gals are not working to fast to fix.

Kind of wating to see what happens on March 15th, with ATT, with how many issues will be fixed by then, and how many will be sold in the U.S.

Can someone give me some answers to all of this? I love my BB. And I want BB to suceed, but sometimes I wonder...
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-06-13 06:01 PM
    1) Blackberry has no intention of selling parts of itself off. That's all talk generated by analysts that want to see extreme short-term gains.
    2) yes, it seems we finally got out troll infestation under control.
    3) many companies are following Bring-Your-Own-Device schemes because employees want to use the latest and greatest, and BB7 was getting a bit archaic. BB10 is still too new to see a trend from companies.
    4) Where did you hear that? Admittedly the Storm (from five years ago) damaged Blackberry's reputation, but current devices are pretty stable
    PestPro#IM likes this.
    03-06-13 06:23 PM
    Take it all with a grain of salt. Remember, there are a variety of enthusiasts on the site. Some are flexible, some aren't. The fact that we are dealing with a new system, early in its nascent youth, has a lot to do with it. Believe me, there is more good still to come, as well as some that will be about as pretty as Bebe's kids at a cocktail party.

The best thing to do is watch what happens for a little while. Things are coming around, and a conservative approach will help, here. I know people that are purely in love. Others you may read will be hate filled. Unfortunately, that is the nature of enthusiasm.
    PestPro#IM likes this.
    03-06-13 06:35 PM
    Good questions. But you have to remember that all major companies look at all other options to further business has for Home Depot dropping BlackBerry that was in the works long before BlackBerry 10 came out and the DoD has not made any commitments to an thing yet and are in testing phase with BlackBerry 10. Also remember that blackberry still has over 3000 business clients so one or two lost is not a death sentence for a business with 2 billion in cash. I own the Z10 and love it. One thing I do like about blackberry is they are good at getting updates out. (may have some carrier delay lol) I would say it is worth trying something before you knock it. Ultimately I would say buy what works for you and not what someone says you should buy. Couple of key feature of the Z10 are the fact that the browser and keyboard are far superior to current phones on the market. I have a feeling that BBRY has some things up there sleeve for the US launch. IMO
    I think if you try the new Z10 you will be pleasantly surprised.

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    PestPro#IM likes this.
    03-06-13 06:40 PM
    4) Just from what I am reading on CB...and YES I do plan on buying and getting a Z10 from ATT on March 15th.

1) Blackberry has no intention of selling parts of itself off. That's all talk generated by analysts that want to see extreme short-term gains.
    2) yes, it seems we finally got out troll infestation under control.
    3) many companies are following Bring-Your-Own-Device schemes because employees want to use the latest and greatest, and BB7 was getting a bit archaic. BB10 is still too new to see a trend from companies.
    4) Where did you hear that? Admittedly the Storm (from five years ago) damaged Blackberry's reputation, but current devices are pretty stable
    03-06-13 06:52 PM
    1) in 6-12 months we'll see.
    3) BB only company here.. I have many users that want Andriod/iOS... the top 2 reasons are.. Apps/Games, fast and clean (it just works). This day in age os7 just doesn't cut it and thats why many switched or just allowed BYOD. BYOD is also favored due to less cost and ease to run BES-less without loosing any features.
    03-07-13 02:41 AM