Core of innovation kept Heins going through turnaround at RIM

Mr. Heins confirmed this in my local newspaper.
    11-15-12 12:41 PM
    but will at/after launch.
    11-15-12 12:53 PM
    but will at/after launch.
    Yes:

"Only when the BlackBerry 10 is finally released will the “fireworks above the line” be seen in the form of big TV ads, Heins said."
    11-15-12 12:54 PM
    Why waste the before launch dollars. Give big advertising when you can tout all the great features noted at launch!
    11-15-12 12:54 PM
    That article said so many good things and you choose to focus on the no ads till after launch?
    11-15-12 12:57 PM
    Assuming RIM has cleaned up their act and releases the phones within weeks of launch. I just hope within those few weeks its enough time of advertising to let potential customers how the gestures work. I would hate to see a great launch presentation, and then any john or jane that picks it up in the store has no idea how to get out of an app
    11-15-12 01:00 PM
    That article said so many good things and you choose to focus on the no ads till after launch?
    For me it was the main marketing mystery answered regarding bb10.
    SilkySunshine likes this.
    11-15-12 01:09 PM
    I think they should definitely wait till after lunch. People won't pay attention to the ads if they're hungry.

What?

Never mind.
    11-15-12 01:19 PM
    Not sure marketing is going to be as important to RIM as it might be for other brands at the beginning. Unfortunate people think they know what a BlackBerry is and a 30 second add isn't going to change their mind (besides other than live sporting events... who watches TV commercials anymore?)

What RIM needs is their "loyal" customers to buy devices and to start SHOWING their family, friends and co-workers, just what the BlackBerry has become and what it can do. If the software is spot on and complete, if BB10 device can do everything that a consumer wants it to do, they word of mouth can go a long way to building interest in the new devices. They maybe some very wisely chosen TV marketing could be successful, to really raise awareness that the new BlackBerry is not your Grandpa's BlackBerry
    nomi1978 likes this.
    11-15-12 01:26 PM
    My main concern is just that say week one when the device is launched people picking it up that do not know gestures will be clueless. I hope RIM can combat this without having marketing before the phones are out.
    11-15-12 01:38 PM
    I like the strategy RIM is using to contact other smartphone users..."Ads will be pushed to other smartphone users asking them “can your device do this?” he said." This also opens the possibility of the "fireworks" in the USA taking place during the Super Bowl. "Launch" does mean January 30, 2013, right?
    11-15-12 01:44 PM
    looking foward to swiping bb10!
    11-15-12 03:31 PM
    I like the strategy RIM is using to contact other smartphone users..."Ads will be pushed to other smartphone users asking them �can your device do this?� he said." This also opens the possibility of the "fireworks" in the USA taking place during the Super Bowl. "Launch" does mean January 30, 2013, right?
    Yes launch means the annouce date of january 30
    11-15-12 04:03 PM
    Makes sense to me. Do the launch on January 30th and then that day start theTV blitz campaign for a month and then launch the phones. I hope they do an ad during the Superbowl.
    FoxxBerry and anon(3896606) like this.
    11-15-12 05:14 PM
    if they were to advertise now the commercial would lack alot of the true innovation about the BB10 platform, they are surely keeping lots of secrets about some of the true power of the platform.
    then when customers can watch an add (be blown away) then run down to the store to pick up there very own BB10 device(cause it will be the latest and greatest) and get what they want without waiting, boom success....
    diegonei likes this.
    11-15-12 05:40 PM
    Launch Jan 30, Super bowl add Feb 3, first phone Feb 4...... to good to be true?
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-15-12 06:39 PM
    Am I the only one that all of a sudden wanted a HUGE TV (like the one in the picture) RUNNING BB10 ON IT?

Huge LCD mounted on the wall and I would walk up to it to check my email or check the weather. If I didn't want to walk up to it, I could use the "built-in remote control" on my BB10 phone to control it so I can read my emails and watch videos on the big screen from the comfort of my bed or my couch.

Confirmed: RIM will not have a huge TV ad campaign before launch-614c462b4575a623ea3db2df66b7.jpg
    11-15-12 06:43 PM
    My understanding is that phones will hit the stores late February for the most of you in NA.

That would give RIM about 30 days to do a massive ad campaign. And you know what? If they bombard the media with the right kind of ads (you know, the one that actually show the features in day-to-day use instead of silly people dancing, biking or whatnot) during that time, they will build enough awareness on the new existence of the new BlackBerry platform.

After that bit is done, it will be just a matter of keeping the ads rolling on a regular basis. Device owners (i.e. US) will be the decisive factor, as we show the real devices to people to reinforce what they've seen on TV.

Launch Jan 30, Super bowl add Feb 3, first phone Feb 4...... to good to be true?
    I don't think it is too far fetched an idea... They won't advertise before Jan 30th... But Feb 3rd is game...
    11-15-12 06:48 PM
    Why spend money to market a product around Christmas time when folks cant even buy it? Launch BlackBerry10 ,let the media buzz begin ,get a few folks talking and then Boom! BlackBerry is back! In your face commercials with AC/DC themed "Back in Black!!!" Thor really wants to rock n roll this thing then he better rock n roll it!
    11-15-12 08:25 PM
    if they were to advertise now the commercial would lack alot of the true innovation about the BB10 platform, they are surely keeping lots of secrets about some of the true power of the platform.
    then when customers can watch an add (be blown away) then run down to the store to pick up there very own BB10 device(cause it will be the latest and greatest) and get what they want without waiting, boom success....
    Yes they are, and for whose holds BB10AD Rev A, you will be surprised for what you get on the next O.S update. hehehe.
    11-15-12 10:08 PM
    I feel RIM needs to advertise after release. I DO agree they need to explain how the device is used, but this needs to be done after it;s on the market. Also they need to take a lesson from Apple, announce and then release VERY soon. So for example they are announcing on Jan 30th, so make the device available early Feb. Perhaps in time for my birthday, Feb 10th?
    11-15-12 11:20 PM
    I feel RIM needs to advertise after release. I DO agree they need to explain how the device is used, but this needs to be done after it;s on the market. Also they need to take a lesson from Apple, announce and then release VERY soon. So for example they are announcing on Jan 30th, so make the device available early Feb. Perhaps in time for my birthday, Feb 10th?
    I agree. Personally i believe the max time between launch snd release should be two weeks. So february 14

After all, it would be nice for a lot of people to not be alone on valentine's day.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-16-12 07:41 AM
    Why spend money to market a product around Christmas time when folks cant even buy it? Launch BlackBerry10 ,let the media buzz begin ,get a few folks talking and then Boom! BlackBerry is back! In your face commercials with AC/DC themed "Back in Black!!!" Thor really wants to rock n roll this thing then he better rock n roll it!
    TV adverts should be based around this

11-16-12 08:08 AM
    +100 ! Back in Black is the right song.
    11-17-12 10:05 AM
    TV adverts should be based around this

No. That would have been a good idea for BB7.. the lyrics allued leaving and coming back.. realizing it was still the best, but nothing about it being new and improved. In fact just the opposite, that it hasn't change, only you realized you missed it. Not the right message for BB10

+100 ! Back in Black is the right song.
    Agreed. Back in black would definitely be a good tune to run in a high powered ad showing off some cutting edge new BB10 features. Lets rock and roll this!
    11-17-12 10:33 AM
32 12